Play and Charge Kit - Orange LED not working?

Discus and support Play and Charge Kit - Orange LED not working? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought one of these and plugged it in and noticed that the orange LED light is not working as it should. However, when I check the battery... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VipERWarriOR, Mar 10, 2014.

1. VipERWarriOR
    VipERWarriOR Guest

Hi, I just bought one of these and plugged it in and noticed that the orange LED light is not working as it should. However, when I check the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the home page it shows that it is charging. Any ideas as to why the orange
    LED is not working? All cables are plugged in, and like I said, when I look at the battery icon it's showing the charging indicator so I'm confused.... I've read other posts to try and "press down" on the battery to see if that worked, but no, the light is
    not coming on.

I feel like it is charging though, since the indicator is showing me that. Help?

:)

VipERWarriOR, Mar 10, 2014
  2. dperez2345
    dperez2345 Guest
    Xbox One Plug and Play Kit Charging Problems

I purchased the xbox one play and charge kit. I plugged it in last night to charge to an outlet and the led light is an amber orange which shows it is charging. When I woke up this morning it is still the same color (not white like it is suppose to be to show that it charged). I disconnect it and the controller turns off as if to show there is no charge to it whatsoever. I have the day one edition controller not sure if this makes a difference, any help is appreciated.

dperez2345, Mar 10, 2014
  3. DerZocker050
    DerZocker050 Guest
    Play and Charge Kit doesn't work

I don't know what's wrong with the Play and Charge Kit, but my Xbox One Controller doesn't charge. If i plug the controller on the pc (with the cable from the play and charge kit) i can play perfect. But when i unplug the controller (after 2 hours of "charging"),
    the controller turns off in about 20 seconds. And i noticed, the led doesn't work anymore. On the first day when i tried the play and charge kit, everything worked fine (the led too).

And what i can't believe: I bought the controller and the play and charge kit not even 2 months ago!

(I also tried to put batteries in the controller, and everything worked fine)

DerZocker050, Mar 10, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

I'm honestly trying to be helpful when I say this, but return the Microsoft Plug N Play if you can. I had two of them for the 360 and they did the same thing (the lights stopped working and wouldn't charge. Also the batteries stopped holding a charge after
    only a couple months.) After that, I bought the Energizer Charging Stand and the batteries lasted well over a couple years and they were still going even after I bought my Xbox One. I now have the Energizer stand for the XB1 and it is awesome. Comes with
    two rechargable batteries as well. It's only $30-35. Totally worth it.

CMUchippewa, Mar 10, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa Win User

I'm honestly trying to be helpful when I say this, but return the Microsoft Plug N Play if you can. I had two of them for the 360 and they did the same thing (the lights stopped working and wouldn't charge. Also the batteries stopped holding a charge after
    only a couple months.) After that, I bought the Energizer Charging Stand and the batteries lasted well over a couple years and they were still going even after I bought my Xbox One. I now have the Energizer stand for the XB1 and it is awesome. Comes with
    two rechargable batteries as well. It's only $30-35. Totally worth it.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one play and charge kit

Hi Robert,

Are you using the controller on an Xbox One console or on PC?

The LED light on the Play and Charge kit cable will glow orange indicating the battery is charging and then a white light to indicate the battery is fully charged. If the LED is not glowing at all, then this indicates that there is no battery pack to charge.

Take out the rechargeable battery and insert it again in the correct position. If the LED is not glowing orange and the battery is in the correct position, then the battery is not being detected by the controller or the battery is faulty and cannot be recharged.

To test the cable, remove the battery pack and try using the controller in a wired format. If then controller works without the battery pack and just the cable, then the cable is fine. If the controller works without a problem using standard disposable batteries
    then the battery pack is the issue.

Try these tests out and let us know the results!
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Play and charge kit says its charged in Windows but disconnects after a few seconds

Hi MightySlothGuy,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that!

Unfortunately the charging cable that comes with the Xbox Play and Charge kit is not a data cable so you will not be able to use that cable to use the Xbox One controller on a Windows 10 PC. If the LED does not glow, then that means there is no rechargeable
    battery in the controller to charge or the cable may not be charging correctly but a white LED means the battery is charged and an orange light means the battery is charging.

You will need to connect your controller to a Windows 10 PC with the wireless adapter or with a normal data transferring micro USB cable, not with the Xbox Play & Charge kit charging cable as that will not work as designed.
  8. choppyseize Win User

Xbx Charge and play kit LED light not working

Hi, That definitely sounds like a faulty charging cord. You may want to exchange it for one that works properly.
  9. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbx Charge and play kit LED light not working

The kit works great, sounds like you just got a defective one, just exchange it for a new one.
Thema:

1. Play and Charge Kit - Orange LED not working? - Similar Threads - Play Charge Kit

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  5. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  6. None of my Xbox Series Charge & Play kits work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox Series Charge & Play kits work anymore: I have two brand new Xbox series charge & play kits, both were bought at different stores and none of them will charge even in four different controllers using different cables and different...
  7. CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S

in XBoX on Consoles
    CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S: Hi! Today I noticed that my charge and play device isn't working, when i connect the control it works perfectly but the battery only charges a little, maximum 10 minutes when I disconnect the...
  8. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  9. How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?: How to use official play and charge kit made by Microsoft on the Xbox series x wireless controller in black colour original one? Yours sincerely Jevgeni e8822d78-0b36-4d03-848e-820b02b6cc7a
  10. Play and Charge Kit (USB Type C version) - Impossible to know when fully charged on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Play and Charge Kit (USB Type C version) - Impossible to know when fully charged on PC: I'm using a Xbox Series controller on PC, paired with the Play and Charge kit (with USB type C). On the Xbox One version of the Play and Charge kit, the micro USB cable had a led indicating when...