Pixelated artifact around fast moving objects and hair etc watching 4k uhd blu ray content

Discus and support Pixelated artifact around fast moving objects and hair etc watching 4k uhd blu ray content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, First post here. I have a new 65 inch OLED LG B6 TV which supports HDR 10 and my Xbox detects this. On playing a 4k UHD blu ray (and i have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OccurredCloth66, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Pixelated artifact around fast moving objects and hair etc watching 4k uhd blu ray content

Hi guys,

First post here. I have a new 65 inch OLED LG B6 TV which supports HDR 10 and my Xbox detects this.

On playing a 4k UHD blu ray (and i have tried xmen and the revenant) some objects appear pixelated and artifaced the same way things on youtube might. It is most noteable when the first spotlight flashes past the 20th century fox at the start. Other noteable
    times are when people are moving and their hair can be seen with a dotted blur around it in the sky behind.

Its almost as though it is compressed and thus losing quality in the finer areas or faster moving areas.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know whats going on??

I would expect this of 4k youtube content but not from watching a bluray disc

Thanks

:)

OccurredCloth66, Oct 7, 2016
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Xbox one S 1080p and 4K (Games)

in that you arent garentees artifacts if you upscale

Artifacts can show up in fast moving pictures or you sitting farther then 10feet from the tv ps4 pro has that issue also because it's not native

4k will always be better when you have a uhd source

But since xbox one games aren't uhd you have to resort to 1080p or deal with artifacts if they show up

Set the TV to gamemode

And movies when playing uhd discs

ngocphi, Oct 7, 2016
  3. ItsParN
    ItsParN Guest
    UHD bluray problem XBox one S

All my content is upscale in 4K on my 4K tv (samsung UN65HU7250), except when i use UHD blu ray, this one play in 1080p!

Any idea about my problem?

ItsParN, Oct 7, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Pixelated artifact around fast moving objects and hair etc watching 4k uhd blu ray content

Hi

Can you firstly please go into the television settings and turn all of the picture enhancing features off or try setting the television to game mode to see if this has an affect on the image you are seeing.

gds1972, Oct 7, 2016
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Can you firstly please go into the television settings and turn all of the picture enhancing features off or try setting the television to game mode to see if this has an affect on the image you are seeing.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?

Hi,

Several reasons.

1. The 360 has a DVD drive. Full HD discs use Blu-ray disc tecnology. 4K Ultra HD use UHD Blu-ray discs. The 360 can not read Blu-ray discs.

2. The internal 360 hardware is simply not fast enough to decode 4K video content, and the graphics hardware can not output to 4K anyway.

No software in the world can update old hardware.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  8. Detan Shi Win User

Xbox One X

I recently upgraded from the S to the X, and I personally feel that speed and graphics are better. As others have mentioned the X plays 4K content and displays in native 4K resolution. Where as, the S can display up to 1440p resolution for games and 4k resolution
    for Movie/Video Content (IE 4K UHD Blu-ray disc, content on the Netflix app, etc).

TLDR:

If you wanna play games and watch movies/shows in 4K you'll want the X.

Otherwise I would say the S if you just wanna watch 4K movies or shows.
  9. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
Thema:

1. Pixelated artifact around fast moving objects and hair etc watching 4k uhd blu ray content - Similar Threads - Pixelated artifact around

2. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel: Hello since last night my xbox no longer seems to be working properly. The display is very slow or even completely dysfunctional, pixels appear everywhere, a fixed black screen and at times a...
  4. Pixelated horizontal line

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pixelated horizontal line: When I play my xbox one I have a pixelated horizontal line that appears about an inch from the top. It only does this when I use my xbox one. I have tried going into my system settings and...
  5. I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...: I am currently not able to upload images for some reason, but I will try to explain to the best of my ability. I am having the same issue as RoyalGamer1:...
  6. Blurry and pixelated Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blurry and pixelated Fortnite: Some of it looks pixelated and blurry for some reason, the water looks blurry for a distant and some contrails look blurry and pixelated I play on Series X Tv supports 4K 60Hz and 120 fps...
  7. Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.: When I'm playing it'll pixelate horribly and a line will run from top to bottom and fix it but it happens every few seconds. I have high internet speeds and perfect connection. Its my first time...
  8. While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...: [img] I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for the game to resolve the issue of pixelation. (remove, re-install, power-off, HDMI cable change, etc) I have attached a screenshot of the game...
  9. Am unable to play games in cloud picture breaksup and rolls looks like pixels breaking up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am unable to play games in cloud picture breaksup and rolls looks like pixels breaking up: everytime I try to play a game on xboxone in cloud, the picture breaksup into picsels and rolls making playing imposible. How can this be fixed? f58af6d8-ee86-4e13-bf8d-0213295c8b2d
  10. Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?: Two times in the last two months I’ve had the problem where my Xbox just erupts into terrible green and purple pixelation and I can’t get away from it. I need help. [img]...