Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

Discus and support Pins not appearing on home screen and more... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To do a hard reset, hold the Power button on the Console for 10 seconds. Then let it power off completely, it'll probably take a couple seconds. I let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KilaRoach, Mar 9, 2014.

  1. jrucci13
    jrucci13 Guest

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...


    To do a hard reset, hold the Power button on the Console for 10 seconds. Then let it power off completely, it'll probably take a couple seconds. I let mine sit for 2 minutes or so just for the hell of it, and then turn it back on and you should be all set
    from there. Let me know how it works out for you! So far it seems to be working well. =]
     
    jrucci13, Mar 15, 2014
    #16
  2. I did the hard reset to fix The issue on 2 of my xbox ones. It came back on one of them 2 days later. I do have a third xbox one that never had the issue. Hope it get fixed soon.
     
    Surfnet-C9F25E2D-2095-438F-B88A-182304C95D3A, Mar 15, 2014
    #17
  3. TheMick612
    TheMick612 Guest
    Thanks guys the hard reset worked
     
    TheMick612, Mar 19, 2014
    #18
  4. B MoB1984
    B MoB1984 Guest

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    [quote user="Lt Rabid Piglet"]

    Today I called in to support because I was having an issue with me Pins not showing nor my Store - or in laymans terms, when looking at the main screen I had nothing to the left or right to select from. I searched for awhile and did not find any answers
    to my issue. so I phoned in. Now this solution may not work for you, and if it doesn't please call support (or contact them in the manner you prefer - the issue could be different then mine).

    [Solution]

    From your main screen, go to your Setting menu (press the button right of the white Xbox logo and you should get a menu that has SETTINGS as an option)

    Within Setting choose NETWORK

    Within Network choose Advanced Settings

    Next choose Alternate MAC Address

    After you choose that you will see CLEAR - choose clear and a restart should then be recommended

    Restart - and after the restart, you should be back to normal.

    I hope this helps someone down the road, as it did for me.

    [/quote]

    This is what I did and it worked for me, jus thought i'd share this
     
    B MoB1984, Mar 20, 2014
    #19
  5. Repression22
    Repression22 Guest
    This also will work..

    Go to settings, network settings, advanced preferences clear mac adress the system will reset and it should work..
     
    Repression22, Mar 21, 2014
    #20
  6. SHADOWLEACH
    SHADOWLEACH Guest
    power down unplug re-plug power on all works great Pins not appearing on home screen and more... :) should have known that would be the fix being an IT tech for 20 years Pins not appearing on home screen and more... :D
     
    SHADOWLEACH, Mar 21, 2014
    #21
  7. TOMBRADY1290
    TOMBRADY1290 Guest
    Thanks the hard reset worked I didn't know what was going on
     
    TOMBRADY1290, Mar 25, 2014
    #22
  8. BigD 112358
    BigD 112358 Guest

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    The hard reset is only a temporary fix. The issue returns after another day or two. Rinse and repeat.
     
    BigD 112358, Mar 25, 2014
    #23
  9. xxJDubsxx77
    xxJDubsxx77 Guest
    Hard reset didn't work for me. Im getting angry. I cant play dlc on my xbox one. I get a disk read error. MS needs to fix this I'm paying for games I cant play and MS doesn't seem to know why this happening.
     
    xxJDubsxx77, Apr 3, 2014
    #24
  10. VORTMAX 36
    VORTMAX 36 Guest
    I've been having this issue as well. Yes, the hard reset does works BUT it is only temporary. Every couple of days this issue returns and I have to do a hard reset again. Surely, this is not supposed to happen. Is MS working on a patch to fix this?
     
    VORTMAX 36, Apr 3, 2014
    #25
  11. JJ jetp1ane
    JJ jetp1ane Guest
    Having the exact same issue. Hard reset always works but then the issue returns. Used to be once a week,now it is becoming an almost daily occurrence.
     
    JJ jetp1ane, Apr 5, 2014
    #26
  12. I've been having this same issue ever since I put it on standby mode. It happens every week and a half that it's on wake-up mode. I put it on energy-saver and the tiles in the featured area would come back, same as my pins. My question is does the hard reset
    solve the issue indefinitely or does it occur again? Where I have to do the aforementioned process again? thanks for you help
     
    chinoifikation, Apr 5, 2014
    #27
  13. JoshuaHelms
    JoshuaHelms Guest

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    Hard reset did not work for me. It turned out that my ISP was having an issue with their DNS server. I manually set my primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and my secondary DNS to 4.4.4.4 . After that, everything worked fine.
     
    JoshuaHelms, Jul 5, 2015
    #28
  14. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there King Helms I,

    Thanks for posting up what worked for you for your fellow gamers to see! If you have any Xbox Support related questions in the future, please feel free to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered to
    you from our community. Thanks in advance!
     
    Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
    #29
  15. B MoB1984 Win User

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    [quote user="Lt Rabid Piglet"]

    Today I called in to support because I was having an issue with me Pins not showing nor my Store - or in laymans terms, when looking at the main screen I had nothing to the left or right to select from. I searched for awhile and did not find any answers
    to my issue. so I phoned in. Now this solution may not work for you, and if it doesn't please call support (or contact them in the manner you prefer - the issue could be different then mine).

    [Solution]

    From your main screen, go to your Setting menu (press the button right of the white Xbox logo and you should get a menu that has SETTINGS as an option)

    Within Setting choose NETWORK

    Within Network choose Advanced Settings

    Next choose Alternate MAC Address

    After you choose that you will see CLEAR - choose clear and a restart should then be recommended

    Restart - and after the restart, you should be back to normal.

    I hope this helps someone down the road, as it did for me.

    [/quote]

    This is what I did and it worked for me, jus thought i'd share this
  16. RorySharp Win User

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    I had the same issue and the hard reset works a treat!

    Not great though as it's happened a few times in the last week since the latest update. Hope MS fix it soon.
  17. James DSens Win User

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    The hard reset did the trick. Thank you. :)
  18. KilaRoach Win User

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    The hard reset worked for me. Thanks
  19. D Bakez Win User

    Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

    I have the same issue after the update.
Thema:

Pins not appearing on home screen and more...

Loading...
  1. Pins not appearing on home screen and more... - Similar Threads - Pins appearing home

  2. Dashboard Xbox (Bug de Fixação de Pin)

    in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard Xbox (Bug de Fixação de Pin): Estou enfrentando um problema na Dashboard do Xbox relacionado à fixação de itens (pins). Ao tentar fixar um jogo ou aplicativo na tela inicial, o item não está sendo posicionado corretamente no...
  3. Inputting Pin with controller XBOX FSE on Windows PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Inputting Pin with controller XBOX FSE on Windows PC: Did anyone manage to get the inputting Pin fixed with a controller on a PC running FSE? It works fine on my MSI Claw when I try it, but on my main PC I just can't get it to bring up the keyboard...
  4. Anyone got controller working for PIN on FSE?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone got controller working for PIN on FSE?: So using a FSE on main desktop for a while via the tool, but can't get the controller to display the pin keyboard to input the pin on Windows startup. So stuck inputting it via keyboard. Works...
  5. Let players pin chat conversations on Xbox for quick access

    in XboX Insiders
    Let players pin chat conversations on Xbox for quick access: groups, but it can be hard to find important conversations — especially when you have a lot of chats. It would be super helpful to have a feature that lets us pin specific chats to the top of the...
  6. Account PIN and Xbox Issues Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Account PIN and Xbox Issues Xbox: Same as a lot of people my Xbox isn’t working. I’m signed out and I don’t have anything. I’m currently trying to use the Xbox insider program method where I remove my Xbox off of the program but I...
  7. how to get rid of a guest pin

    in XBoX Accessibility
    how to get rid of a guest pin: i was getting on my xbox to play a game and it had said to change my age restrictions so i went to do that but when i tried to access my restrictions a guest pin popped up but im not sure how or...
  8. Family Safety Parental PIN

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety Parental PIN: I have been trying for nearly a year to change my PIN for Family Safety. My child saw me inputting it one time, and now uses it to give themselves additional screen time. I'd really like to change...
  9. why does it ask for a acsess pin?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why does it ask for a acsess pin?: Hi my name is. John and whenver i try to download games in the queue, 2 seconds later it asks for an 6 digit acsess pin that was originally set for the console,and we'd never set one. I would also...
  10. Console pin appears out of blue. Cant remove it

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Console pin appears out of blue. Cant remove it: Console pin ? I can not reset this or do a soft reset as it requures the consolepin. Ive deleted all accouht pins and deleted all content restrictions on both accounts. I can play games but cant...