Ping Anomalies on Xbox One S . Not sure where to go

Discus and support Ping Anomalies on Xbox One S . Not sure where to go in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I run a ping / speed test on my phone I get about 10-15ms ping. When I run a test on my laptop I get about 12-17ms ping. When I run a ping test... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Iargest, Jan 7, 2021.

1. /u/Iargest
    /u/Iargest Guest

When I run a ping / speed test on my phone I get about 10-15ms ping.

When I run a test on my laptop I get about 12-17ms ping.

When I run a ping test on my Xbox One I get 40-85ms ping.

Are any of you smart enough to explain why this would be happening? What is slowing my Xbox down so much? Why would that be the only computer getting slow ping when it’s the only one ping matters on?

It seems like there’s something bottlenecking ONLY my Xbox .... something ain’t right chief

submitted by /u/Iargest
    [link] [comments]

/u/Iargest, Jan 7, 2021
  2. DanMen334 Win User

Headset

it may be due to some anomaly on your computer where you use it, make sure it's not damaged and that doesn't affect the microphone
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Question about speeds needed for smooth multiplayer experience.

Your speeds are fine. That ping is rather high, however I wouldn't go with what it says here. Go to www.speedtest.net and see what your results are here.

The ping is a time measured in milliseconds a chunk of data goes back and forth between your device and the server being pinged. I'm not sure what server/s Xbox One uses to test a ping. If the server is in the U.S and you are in Europe for example, the
    ping will always be high, no matter how fast your connection speed is. Same would be true the other way around. A high ping would also be the case if you were in New York and the Server was in Los Angeles.
  4. o M a c z 0 S Win User

Xbox one pings really high .. not matching internet ping

My ping in xbox one 210 m/s bf4 EU server 90 - 120 m/s in my PC ping 30 . which is the difference?
  5. LegendOfGta Win User

Problems with gta5 online

Look for the Xbox 360 Support forum. Here, you are just going to get answers from other players really.

Double-check to make sure it is not your connection because it sounds like symptoms of slow Internet connection. Try doing a "speedtest" to see your ping. Higher ping equals worse connection.

It could also just be R*'s *** servers. They really are bad sometimes.
  6. The MOAB Daddy Win User

My Xbox Live keeps dropping partys and (Xbox Live) will disconnect and also It will kick me from online multiplayer games saying that the server disconnected

here a speed test I am not good with copying so here's the numbers. ran it three times to be sure

|Download = 7.79 Mb/s| |Upload = 1.73 Mb/s| |ping = 50ms| |Greensboro NC 50~mi| ISP Road Runner|

|Download = 6.33 Mb/s| |Upload = 1.76 Mb/s| |ping = 62ms| |Greensboro NC 50~mi| ISP Road Runner|

|Download = 10.48 Mb/s| |Upload = 1.67 Mb/s| |ping = 65ms| |Greensboro NC 50~mi| ISP Road Runner|
Thema:

1. Ping Anomalies on Xbox One S . Not sure where to go - Similar Threads - Ping Anomalies sure

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??: I don't understand why my ping is so bad. I have a new gen series s less than a year old and my ping is over 200. While the old gen xbox which is farther away than the router and is over 6 years...
  4. Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X: I'm trying to play multiplayer on MCC, and its telling me my ping to too high. When I test my connection using the "Test network speed & statistics" on Xbox settings, it's giving me 45-55ms ping...
  5. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  6. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  7. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  8. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  9. Why is the series X ping so high

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the series X ping so high: Why is my ping around 80 when playing thru the xbox but if I'm playing the same game on geforce now thru edge browser, also on the xbox, it's 10. My ping was much lower on the one X as well, it...
  10. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...