Ping and download speed

Discus and support Ping and download speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I must be doing something wrong or not understanding. I upgraded my internet to 500Mbps and have a Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. The Xbox One console is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob Z62, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Rob Z62
    Rob Z62 Guest

Ping and download speed

I must be doing something wrong or not understanding. I upgraded my internet to 500Mbps and have a Nighthawk X10 R9000 router. The Xbox One console is perhaps 50-75 feet away from the router. When I check the detailed network statistics on the Xbox One
    is tells me Download speed is 103.53 Mbps and latency is 57 m and wireless strength is 87%. This all seems slow to me. When playing Fortnite the ping is 40+.

I have reserved the Xbox ip address and opened the ports. What else can I do short of hard wiring the connection which I don't want to do. Was even thinking about scrapping the expensive Nighthawk for a Google mesh network. Thoughts and ideas are greatly
    appreciated.

:)

Rob Z62, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Majueiza Win User

xbox live disconnections

speed test was ping: 37ms download speed:36.79mbps upload speed: 3.38mbps the ping test gave me a B and said i was good on that
  3. liv3soldi3r Win User

Game Marketplace Freezing My Xbox 360

Ping 25ms/download speed 20.45mbps/upload speed 17.77mbps
  4. Daan xo Win User

LAG

ping= 79ms download speed= 1.44mbps upload speed=0.31mbps
  5. JulioArreola Win User

Help i can connect to xbox live but it disconect every 15-20 minutes

PING is : 36ms

DOWNLOAD SPEED:0.67Mbps

Upload speed: 0.36 Mbps
  6. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Ping problem

Your download speed and your ping are two separate things.

Your download speed is only in relation to your connection to the internet and therefore will be fairly consistent, while your ping will vary depending on which server it is pinging. The further away the server is, the higher the ping will be. The ping test
    on your computer will most likely be choosing the server that it thinks is closest to your location.
Thema:

Ping and download speed

1. Ping and download speed - Similar Threads - Ping download speed

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??: I don't understand why my ping is so bad. I have a new gen series s less than a year old and my ping is over 200. While the old gen xbox which is farther away than the router and is over 6 years...
  4. Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X: I'm trying to play multiplayer on MCC, and its telling me my ping to too high. When I test my connection using the "Test network speed & statistics" on Xbox settings, it's giving me 45-55ms ping...
  5. Really bad Download speed and ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Really bad Download speed and ping: Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox) I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told my my internet to get their router/modem....
  6. Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one): So recently i've only been getting half my download speed and 40+ms ping when doing the speed test on xbox which is really effecting my gameplay. When i do a speed test on my PC which is run...
  7. : Good download and upload but bad ping

: Good download and upload but bad ping: : Good download and upload but bad ping Lately ive been having ping issues and i have no idea why i have around 300 download mbps and 30 upload but for some reason i have around 70-80 latency does...
  8. : Very inconsistent ping/download speed

: Very inconsistent ping/download speed: : Very inconsistent ping/download speed My ping on my xbox is very, very inconsistent. On almost everyday it is very high, around 400 or so with bad download speeds. On very rare occasions it is...
  9. Good Ping but bad download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good Ping but bad download speed: I can play games fine with my regular ping, but recently my download speed slowed down a lot. When ever I try to update/ download a game, the speed goes to 1 Mb. We have multiple xboxs, and the...
  10. : Random slow download and constant high ping

: Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...