Person who purchased game needs to sign in

Discus and support Person who purchased game needs to sign in in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a Xbox series X and my friend has an Xbox one. Friend broke his Xbox and has been using his son's Xbox one. He likes Farcry Primal (I own it)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisHaze, Aug 31, 2023.

1. ChrisHaze
    ChrisHaze Guest

So I have a Xbox series X and my friend has an Xbox one. Friend broke his Xbox and has been using his son's Xbox one. He likes Farcry Primal (I own it) and since my account is also on his Xbox he could download it and play it there without any issues. When his son goes home and takes his Xbox with him sometimes he'll play on mine and it won't let him play without me being signed it. It's not a huge issue but it's annoying and I don't understand while it's only happening on my xbox. Any advice appreciated. Sorry if it's incoherent been drinking and this is the best I can do currently.

:)

ChrisHaze, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Anyone can play games on an account's home console. If users want to play a game on a different console, the account that purchased the game needs to be signed in.

If your console is not your account's home console, your account will need to be signed in for anyone on the console to play a game you purchased. Also, note if the console you play on is not your account's home console, and is unable to connect to Live, you won't be able to play any games until the console can connect to Live.

More on the home console can be found here.
  3. Condesending oG Win User

0x87e107ed

Also says person who bought this needs to sign in. In which case I have purchased all of these games.
  4. AridLizard Win User

xbox acct

you will need separate accounts for each person who plays on the Xboxes.

person A has purchased the games/subscriptions (Live Gold/Game Pass) and plays on Xbox 1

person B doesn't have Gold or any games and plays on Xbox 2

in this situation person A signs in on Xbox 2 and designates it as their Home Xbox then signs out

this allows person B to play the digitally owned games and make use of person A's subscriptions (although person A will need to sign in to download games from Game Pass)
  5. bowski477 Win User

Person who bought this game needs to be signed in?

This was likely due to a service alert that was up effecting the ability to play downloaded games and apps. You should be able to use them now that the alert has lifted. If you continue to have this problem please post back.
  6. Smwutches Win User

How to share game pass between 3 Xbox consoles in the same house

You can only share on 1 console at a time. So the person who buys the games/subscriptions would need to set 1 of the console as their Home. The other profiles would use that console and the person who purchased everything can still sign in and use the non-Home console. For a 3rd console, you'd either have to purchase everything at least 1 more time or sign in with the purchasing account.
Thema:

1. Person who purchased game needs to sign in - Similar Threads - Person purchased game

2. How to unblock a person?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to unblock a person?: Hi Team, My request is slightly unusual - my son filed a report on Xbox user while playing Minecraft. This person is his cousin, they discussed the situation and would now like to continue playing...
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  5. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  6. Can't hear one person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear one person: I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to talk to anyone, but he Is just muted for no...
  7. Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...: Two $50 Xbox gift cards purchased 4/26/24 by me. Requesting actual human being to speak to that works for Microsoft Xbox billing. Thanks. 2ee59868-a379-401b-86dd-73957532c723
  8. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  9. I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...: I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance owing, but apparently it was for an Xbox X/S series where I have an Xbox One S, So I can't get the GTA$$$$...
  10. "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase: My child, who has a child account under family sharing (and who's Xbox is the home Xbox), downloaded a game, however upon trying to open this game on our other Xbox (under the parent account) it...