Persistent Xbox Live Multiplayer/ Party Connection Issue

Discus and support Persistent Xbox Live Multiplayer/ Party Connection Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here's hoping someone has any clue what, specifically, this could be caused by. Sorry for the essay but I figure this is like going to the doctor;... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FR3QU3NT BAK3R, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Persistent Xbox Live Multiplayer/ Party Connection Issue

Here's hoping someone has any clue what, specifically, this could be caused by. Sorry for the essay but I figure this is like going to the doctor; don't want to leave a single symptom out.

For several years now I've had issues on Xbox Live of my connection to matches AND the party chat system failing simultaneously. (typically on Battlefield 4, the game i play most. But also on single player titles. The effect seems indiscriminate of the particular
    game I'm playing) What's weird about it is there will be this abrupt smearing of the audio as it happens. Like a broken record type of effect that lasts for about 2-3 seconds and causes the audio to catch, do this creepy skipping, then cut out. (if someone
    is talking when it happens it sounds soo odd because it causes their voice, in my best effort to describe it, to 'stutter') In Battlefield 4 matches I will immediately hit a black loading screen and be sent to the menus with the 'you have lost connection to
    EA servers' message. I'll open up my party chat and see that dreaded 'connecting...' text under my gamertag and then be 'disconnected from party chat' moments later. In single player titles (which I'm typically not in a party during) I'll hear the audio 'skip'
    but will not be dropped from the session. Another peculiarity; when this happens my console won't lose connection to the internet. Just the lobby and partychat systems.

Basically here to see if someone with IT knowledge can tell me if these are signs of a simple software issue or if my internet connection is being tampered with deliberately. Have any other Xbox One players reading this had a similar experience? I'm almost
    positive its not a hardware issue with my console as this has happened on both of the Xbones I've owned since its release. Unless they all come with this software glitch. But I've described this to several other avid Xbone gamers who I play with regularly
    and they tell me they've never experienced it.

In the past, a relatively reliable quickfix has been to do a basic hardware reset. Unplug my modem and router for a few minutes and hard reset/unplug the console.

But last night it happened again during a Battlefield 4 match and persisted through several (3) hard resets of both my modem/router and console over the course of about 20-30 minutes. Each time: loaded the console back up, reconnected to my wifi, rejoined
    the party I lost connection to, and was still disconnected in party chat. It was finally resolved on the fourth try when I rebooted and invited friends to a new party. Yay.

Other information I feel might be important for a diagnosis:

-This has been happening, on average, about once every couple days for YEARS now.

-I am about 95% sure I have what I've heard called a 'Man In the Browser' virus on my computer which is connected to the same network as my console.

-Every single time I hear the audio 'stutter' while connected to a server via a multiplayer game session, my connection to lobby/party is lost. Without fail.

-The frequency varies. Occasionally it happens several times within a single afternoon. Other times, it won't happen ONCE for several days.

-Once upon a time I played my Nintendo DS online which required me to switch my wifi security setting to WEP.

:)

FR3QU3NT BAK3R, Dec 18, 2016
  2. Persistent headset/party chat issue.

I have a perfect record according to that page so I don't think that's the problem.

Blizzardwizard1, Dec 18, 2016
  3. ozadin
    ozadin Guest
    No more mandatory Forza 5 connection

Seems they reversed the policy, you will no longer have to connect to Forza 5 to Xbox Live before you play unless you're playing multiplayer, or online. Greenawalt explains you will need to connect eventually to complete the career mode.

IGN

ozadin, Dec 18, 2016
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

"Man in the middle attack" - Not likely.

Before we start, I would like you to verify that you are able to find yourself back to this thread (not many do since the forum changed).

Oh, you should really consider to change your security method, from WEP to WPA2.

taidara, Dec 18, 2016
  5. taidara Win User

"Man in the middle attack" - Not likely.

Before we start, I would like you to verify that you are able to find yourself back to this thread (not many do since the forum changed).

Oh, you should really consider to change your security method, from WEP to WPA2.
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

Xbox App NAT type moderate

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your game not to work properly. Here is a
    link
    on how to troubleshoot issues with Xbox Live parties.

Update us if the issue persists.
  7. VibroPlex Win User

Live parties, messaging issue persisting

8. Velox Midget Win User

Already done before I posted
  9. VibroPlex Win User

The sole remaining known connectivity problem involves one major ISP only so may I ask you to start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Now, some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked... ports can be blocked in your router, modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports
    than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox. A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug the power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway'. If so, skip step 3).

3) unplug the power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router, then when that light
    says it's ready, skip step 6.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.

For more background on Ports, see
    whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, then send us the information we need from
    forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx
    and we can work on this further.
Thema:

1. Persistent Xbox Live Multiplayer/ Party Connection Issue - Similar Threads - Persistent Live Multiplayer

2. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  3. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  4. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...
  5. why dpoes this problem persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    why dpoes this problem persist: "device can perform better when connected to 3.0 " i have updagted the driver and i have usb 3.0 port why does this show up in my settings and yes i have updated the drivers atlleast acccroding to...
  6. Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.: My game (fh5) crashes during acolades at the same spot. Tried clearing console cache and rebooting and nothing seems to work. Im using internal storage. Even tried starting the game in new profile...
  7. My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...: My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired connection as well as a wireless connection. The console will have periods where the NAT type is coming back as...
  8. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!: I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles...
  9. Xbox capture-related issues still persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capture-related issues still persist: This has been a problem since the December 1, 2020 firmware update. Every time I try to share a capture uploaded to Xbox Live to activity feeds, clubs, or messages on the Xbox One, it still fails...
  10. Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview: Hello, A while ago I got a second-hand Xbox One X that was experiencing start up errors that I believed were due to the console being enrolled in the Insider Preview updates. After trying an...