Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathanBridge, Jan 5, 2024.

1. NathanBridge
    NathanBridge Guest

hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release, and unfortunately, I have been grappling with a persistent issue that has spanned for years.

The problem revolves around frequent and abrupt disconnections of my controllers and other peripherals during gameplay. This issue has persisted for years, and despite my attempts to seek assistance, the problem remains unresolved. I even took the initiative to send my console in for out-of-warranty repair, but it was returned to me unrepaired. Subsequent attempts to contact the agent I spoke to previously went unanswered, leaving me in a state of frustration.

To cope with the issue, I decided to hardwire my peripherals and wait for an update that was initially promised over two years ago. Unfortunately, this anticipated update has not arrived, leaving me and countless other gamers without a solution to this persistent problem.

The frustration has reached a point where my Xbox Series X is becoming more of a hindrance than an enjoyment. I've created a YouTube video documenting this issue, and I know there are hundreds, if not more, facing the same problem without adequate support.

YouTube video - https://youtube.com/shorts/7M7V8arZZ2I

Petition - https://chng.it/2NqxWjj8tQ

I understand that these matters take time to investigate and resolve. Still, as a dedicated member of the Xbox community, I am reaching out to express my deep concern and to request urgent attention to this matter. The persistence of disconnections is not only affecting my personal gaming experience but also diminishing the trust and satisfaction of numerous gamers who invested in the next-generation Xbox consoles.

I implore you to escalate this issue and provide a comprehensive solution at the earliest convenience. Gamers, including myself, eagerly await a fix that ensures a seamless and uninterrupted gaming experience on the Xbox Series X.

To also help out before the comments flood in...

•No loose wires (Controller has never been opened)

•This happens on all my controllers no matter what controller is connected. (Elite Series 2 & Original and also happens to wireless Xbox headset)

•It works when wired but why do you want to have a wireless controller connected to a cable, defeats the object.

•Restarting & assigning the controller doesn't work. The most that does is temporarily works.

•Firmware reinstalled on Xbox doesn't work as that has been done many of times. Even by Xbox service centre.

This issue needs to be resolved by Xbox and the only way we are going to get this fixed is by petitioning. Xbox support don't even know why this happens themselves.

I appreciate your time and attention to this matter, and I look forward to a swift and positive resolution.

:)

NathanBridge, Jan 5, 2024
  2. NathanBridge Win User

Hello Tomm_A,

Thank you for your swift response and the suggested steps to use the Report a Problem app on the Xbox console. While I appreciate the guidance, I must express that reporting the issue through the app doesn't provide an immediate solution for me. As I've mentioned before, I've been experiencing this persistent problem for years, and I believe your technical team is already aware of my account history.

To provide additional context, I have meticulously followed various troubleshooting steps, including ensuring there are no loose wires (the controller has never been opened), testing the issue on multiple controllers (Elite Series 2, Original, and a wireless Xbox headset), and attempting to resolve the problem by connecting the controllers via a cable. Unfortunately, these efforts have not yielded a permanent solution.

I've also restarted and reassigned the controllers, but the issue persists. The most I've achieved with these steps is temporary relief, as the problem tends to reoccur consistently. Reinstalling the firmware on the Xbox, a measure that has been performed multiple times, both personally and by the Xbox service center, has not addressed the underlying problem.

Furthermore, I would like to highlight that my Xbox has been taken out of warranty as a one-off exception to facilitate a fix, but the daily occurrence of the issue remains.

Considering the length of time I've been dealing with this problem and the various attempts made to resolve it, I'm reaching out to understand what steps can be taken now to provide a more immediate and definitive solution. The continuous disruptions to my gaming experience have been disheartening, and I hope we can work towards a resolution together.

Thank you for your continued assistance and understanding.

Sincerely,

Name: ***

Gamertag: ***

***removed personal identifiable information***
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing persistent issue on random peripheral disconnection on Xbox Series X. I understand that this has caused you frustration and brought dissatisfaction with the product. Let us help you how to bring up this concern so this can be properly investigated by our Xbox team.

I want to assure you that we take these issues seriously, and we are constantly working to improve the gaming experience for our users. I would agree that those troubleshooting steps provided above were relevant to help resolve the issue. To help our engineers investigate and come up with a more permanent fix, we encourage to report this problem using the Report a Problem app on the Xbox console to report an issue or unexpected behavior in a game or app, which helps Team Xbox investigate and fix problems on the Xbox console. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum]

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we appreciate your dedication to the Xbox community.

Sincerely,

4. RandyAU93 Win User

Controller

Xbox One peripherals will work on Xbox Series X consoles, so the choice is up to you.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Why is my xbox series x upnp not successful

> but is says the routers wan ip is unknown.

Is this shown as a message or error somewhere? If so is it on the Xbox itself or the router settings?

Is your Series X connected wirelessly or wired? Does the issue persist if you disconnect your Xbox One S from the network?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 Arcade Sticks not working on Series X?

Hi,

Only Xbox One compatible controllers work on Series X. Xbox 360 peripherals are not supported.
Thema:

1. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Persistent Issue Random

2. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  3. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...
  4. why dpoes this problem persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    why dpoes this problem persist: "device can perform better when connected to 3.0 " i have updagted the driver and i have usb 3.0 port why does this show up in my settings and yes i have updated the drivers atlleast acccroding to...
  5. Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.: My game (fh5) crashes during acolades at the same spot. Tried clearing console cache and rebooting and nothing seems to work. Im using internal storage. Even tried starting the game in new profile...
  6. My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...: My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired connection as well as a wireless connection. The console will have periods where the NAT type is coming back as...
  7. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!: I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles...
  8. Xbox capture-related issues still persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capture-related issues still persist: This has been a problem since the December 1, 2020 firmware update. Every time I try to share a capture uploaded to Xbox Live to activity feeds, clubs, or messages on the Xbox One, it still fails...
  9. Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview: Hello, A while ago I got a second-hand Xbox One X that was experiencing start up errors that I believed were due to the console being enrolled in the Insider Preview updates. After trying an...
  10. Netflix problems persist after every "solution"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix problems persist after every "solution": Hi everyone, I'm aware there's always been quite a few people who have had problems streaming on the Netflix app. I've had some of the same problems and more, and have tried about every...