People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes

Discus and support People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My mixer box is hooked up to the Xbox One's Optical port. My mic wire is hooked up to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter's volume is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Slappy323, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Slappy323
    Slappy323 Guest

My mixer box is hooked up to the Xbox One's Optical port. My mic wire is hooked up to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter's volume is pushed all the way to chat and the volume is all the way up (it is very hard to hear people, otherwise, and
    my headset's incoming chat volume is all the way up). I can hear people chatting just fine, but almost everyone says that my mic is echoing and therefore mutes me. Very few people say that they don't hear an echo. Does anyone have any suggestions before I
    start nagging the Microsoft tech support? I have searched for close to a month on the internet, and have not seen anything like my particular problem.

:)

Slappy323, Jan 19, 2015
  2. Party Echo

So, I have a PowerA 20$ Mic that echos, Now before you say "Buy a new mic" Note: It only echos when in party chat, In game chat it doesn't echo even if someone screams into their mic. My mic has a mute switch on it and when I turn mute on they can't hear
    me but they are still able to hear the echo, Anyone know how to fix this party chat echo glitch?

xXDeadFortuneXx, Jan 19, 2015
  3. Tritton, Turtle Beach, Sharkoon, which headset is best?

People can offer you good ones but at the end of the day no one knows you better than y-o-u. I would say go Tritton AX 720 though. Good luck though.

KitchenHasXbox, Jan 19, 2015
  4. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest

I'm not sure how the Trittons hook up exactly, but, from experience with one or two friends with similar issues it may not be the mic, a friend of mine recently got a new cable that connects to the chat adaptor, that proved to be the problem, a replacement
    cable fixed it, my best advice is to check all possible connections, including the mic.

eviltedi, Jan 19, 2015
  5. Slappy323
    Slappy323 Guest
    Eviltedi, I think you are right. I would love to have a cleaner setup than the 2.5mm from the in-line audio controller to the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, to the adapter itself. I need to start looking for options, I guess.

Slappy323, Jan 19, 2015
  6. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    Yup, that problem with the 2.5 and 3.5 adapter is the same issue others have had.

eviltedi, Jan 19, 2015
  7. Slappy323
    Slappy323 Guest
    Yeah, I discovered that if I press the 2.5mm male into the 3.5mm female, the chat voice sounds a heck of a lot better. Are there better adapters out there?

Slappy323, Jan 19, 2015
  8. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

change the cable round between the adapter and the headset will reset it.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 19, 2015
  9. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    [quote user="Slappy323"]

My mixer box is hooked up to the Xbox One's Optical port. My mic wire is hooked up to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter's volume is pushed all the way to chat and the volume is all the way up (it is very hard to hear people, otherwise, and
    my headset's incoming chat volume is all the way up). I can hear people chatting just fine, but almost everyone says that my mic is echoing and therefore mutes me. Very few people say that they don't hear an echo. Does anyone have any suggestions before I
    start nagging the Microsoft tech support? I have searched for close to a month on the internet, and have not seen anything like my particular problem.

[/quote] @ OP and anyone else who has the chat adapter with the adapter piece for the wire to your headset, well I use this and YES IT IS COMPATIBLE WITHE XBOX AND XBOX ONE.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-Chat-Cable/dp/B00GFT53U2

IT works great and eliminates that little extra plug that connects into the Xbox chat adapter. Crisp loud sound going both ways. I love It!!!!

COD 2 HALO, Jan 19, 2015
  10. Slappy323
    Slappy323 Guest
    Enen, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Could you please elaborate?

COD, are both of those males 3.5mm? That's what I would need.

Slappy323, Jan 19, 2015
  11. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    When you mice echos, you simply take the audio cable jack out of the headset, and put that end into the handset chat adapter, get the chat adapter end and put that into the headset.

Sounds odd but does work (short term), and is in the tech docs for TB.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 19, 2015
  12. Slappy323
    Slappy323 Guest
    That sounds crazy, but since my new 2.5-3.5mm adapter won't be here for a few days, I guess I can give it a try.

Slappy323, Oct 31, 2018
  13. COD 2 HALO Win User

[quote user="Slappy323"]

[/quote] @ OP and anyone else who has the chat adapter with the adapter piece for the wire to your headset, well I use this and YES IT IS COMPATIBLE WITHE XBOX AND XBOX ONE.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-Chat-Cable/dp/B00GFT53U2

IT works great and eliminates that little extra plug that connects into the Xbox chat adapter. Crisp loud sound going both ways. I love It!!!!
  14. eviltedi Win User

I'm not sure how the Trittons hook up exactly, but, from experience with one or two friends with similar issues it may not be the mic, a friend of mine recently got a new cable that connects to the chat adaptor, that proved to be the problem, a replacement
    cable fixed it, my best advice is to check all possible connections, including the mic.
  15. eviltedi Win User

Yup, that problem with the 2.5 and 3.5 adapter is the same issue others have had.
  16. Slappy323 Win User

That sounds crazy, but since my new 2.5-3.5mm adapter won't be here for a few days, I guess I can give it a try.
  17. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

When you mice echos, you simply take the audio cable jack out of the headset, and put that end into the handset chat adapter, get the chat adapter end and put that into the headset.

Sounds odd but does work (short term), and is in the tech docs for TB.
Thema:

1. People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes - Similar Threads - Tritton 720+ mic

2. Tritton 720 on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tritton 720 on Xbox one: So I have the Tritton 720’s, I can hear the game fine, and I can talk to other people just fine. I don’t have an echo when I’m in a party with other people, but everyone else gets extreme amounts...
  3. Please recommend an audio setting for my Tritton 720+ headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please recommend an audio setting for my Tritton 720+ headset: Hello, I am an A/V novice (or whatever is the rung lower than novice) and I have a quick question about how to configure my Tritton 720+ headset with my XBOX ONE. Which is the preferred setting:...
  4. Tritton AX 720+ Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tritton AX 720+ Compatibility: For quite awhile I've had the AX 720+ connected to the Xbox strictly for sound and I just recently decided to buy the stereo adapter. The headset's audio works when connected to the adapter after...
  5. Having trouble getting sound right with Tritton 720+ and XBOne chat adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble getting sound right with Tritton 720+ and XBOne chat adapter.: Most of the time my Trittons work great with my one, but every so often I cannot jest the game and chat volume with the Tritton dongle levers and only with the adapter volume controls. And when it...
  6. for the xbox one, wich headset is better: the tritton 720+ or the astro a50?

in XBoX on Consoles
    for the xbox one, wich headset is better: the tritton 720+ or the astro a50?: i wanna know which one is the best choice because i'm going to buy a headset for my xbox one, and I am searching for a really good one, so, wich is better? A50 OR 720+?...
  7. Doubt abou tritton 720+ on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doubt abou tritton 720+ on xbox one: I wanna know if is possible to connect a tritton 720+ headset on the xbox one using the xbox one stereo headset adapter. does anybody can help me? d73393ab-6b5c-467b-b78c-9aeca3aac9af
  8. Looking to buy Tritton 720+ with Xbox headset adapter, is it compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking to buy Tritton 720+ with Xbox headset adapter, is it compatible?: Hi there, looking to buy the tritton ax 720+ headset of an xbox 360, and buying the official adapter to be able to use for the xbox one, are these compatible with the adapter, or is there better...
  9. Tritton 720+ mic problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tritton 720+ mic problems.: So I have just brought a pair of Tritton 720+ and have set it all up. I can hear game sound and people talking just fine. My problem is I can't hear my own voice and no one else can hear me talk....
  10. Tritton AX 720

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tritton AX 720: Hi guys, Does anyone know why my tritton ax720 headset isn't working on the xbox one? I have the amp plugged in via optical to the xbox one. When I have the inline adapter set to 720 AMP I can't...