Pentiment cloud sync between xcloud & PC failing

Discus and support Pentiment cloud sync between xcloud & PC failing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pentiment is meant to be Xbox Play Anywhere and I was playing it successfully for a week or so between Xcloud on my phone and my gaming PC installed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by haroldnmadge, Jan 6, 2023.

1. haroldnmadge
    haroldnmadge Guest

Pentiment is meant to be Xbox Play Anywhere and I was playing it successfully for a week or so between Xcloud on my phone and my gaming PC installed locally.

Now my PC will not sync the Xcloud saved games and keeps saying "your other device is taking a long time to sync to the cloud" and there is no way for me to force the Xcloud game to upload or sync or get the PC to use the Xcloud cloud saves.

Pentiment cloud sync between xcloud & PC failing [​IMG]

I have tried moving the local saved game files from the local PC but then it just errors out saying it can't access the storage.

Selecting try again fails and goes back to this window and syncing last saved data is last local data hours ago in game time.

I'm not very happy as I either have to lose a couple of hours play or play Xcloud on my gaming PC.

:)

haroldnmadge, Jan 6, 2023
  2. haroldnmadge Win User

OK, I worked it out myself. I have always just quit the games from the Xcloud floating menu in the upper left hand corner, but it looks like that is now failing to force a sync.

I loaded my game on Xcloud and realised I could quit from the Xbox menu by pressing the Xbox button (it has your friends/community/chat etc... and quitting from there has forced the sync and synced to my PC now. Just in case anyone else has this problem, you're welcome. :)
  3. haroldnmadge Win User

The game auto saves which I confirmed it had done, but the main way of quitting games on Xcloud is through the giant red QUIT GAME button which is the default way to quit a game whilst on xcloud. This worked to sync up until a couple of days ago and so if this isn’t going to work any longer, then Microsoft need to remove the main button (seems absurd to me).

[​IMG]
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

That is weird. Perhaps they're doing something in the background that affected it
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello haroldnmadge, glad to hear you got everything worked out.

I was going to mention to you to try that very thing. When playing a Play Anywhere game you'll need to make sure to save the title then properly quit the game for the saves to be released for a different device.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Problems with Game Share of Game Pass Ultimate

Where is it failing?

Is it with cloud ? If so then no that won't work

Xcloud only works for the person who has the subscription
Thema:

1. Pentiment cloud sync between xcloud & PC failing - Similar Threads - Pentiment cloud sync

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  3. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  4. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  5. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  6. I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box: I bought Pentiment on preorder and played it for a bit on my Win10box. I now have a new machine with Win 11 and It no longer appears in my Library. If I use the direct link It shows up but when I...
  7. Pentiment game question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pentiment game question: Pentiment The Game I tried saving the game and it said save error. June 22,1525 3 days 18 hours remain. Compline-oh Sleep hours. I am playing on xbox. I am on Act II. I truly stuck am stuck....
  8. Pentiment "Not Available" on PC Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pentiment "Not Available" on PC Gamepass: I am trying to install Pentiment through PC Gamepass, however when I search for it on the Xbox app, it's not found anywhere. When I go to the gamepass website and launch the xbox app through the...
  9. Pentiment cloud save error wiped 4 hours of reading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pentiment cloud save error wiped 4 hours of reading.: Fresh install on Series X yesterday, got an autosave error saying i was out of space. Then the game reverted back to the beginning. I had similar problems with cyberpunk recently but access to...
  10. Does anyone know if Pentiment is getting a physical release?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know if Pentiment is getting a physical release?: I want to get the game on DVD but haven't seen any pictures of it online or seen it for sale on gamestops website. Is there a physical release already, is there going to be one? What's the deal?...