PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing

Discus and support PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone else having problems with the xbox game bar crashing since the last update (after the infinite update available bug). I can't join any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/masterne0, Oct 16, 2023.

1. /u/masterne0
    /u/masterne0 Guest

Does anyone else having problems with the xbox game bar crashing since the last update (after the infinite update available bug).

I can't join any parties as it would just crash with "something went wrong with this widget" and ask me to restart the widget.

I have tried removing the game bar and reinstalling it microsoft store and using the insider program update as well, no luck. Microsoft doesn't seem to have said anything about this so wondering if anyone found any solution to it.

If I join the party from the XBOX app, it kinda works but a pain to do compared to pressing my xbox controller button that plugged into my PC and trying to join it that way.

submitted by /u/masterne0
    [link] [comments]

/u/masterne0, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Juraj Slížik Win User

Xbox Game Bar not working

No, it isn't help.

But I thing my game bar settings is broken, if I want make shortcuts the settings window will crash.
  3. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Xbox game bar/capture keeps crashing

4. OriginalEyeball Win User

Game freezes when loading Downhill

Game's broken atm,I keep getting games where everyone 1 bars for ages except the host and 1 or 2 others and it takes like 5 minutes before it migrates.
  5. Clamz0r Win User

xbox game bar crashing

I have the same issue, it was bad before, but after the most recent update I received yesterday, Game Bar is almost unusable. It keeps crashing EVERY single time I bring it up so I have to do it twice and if I want to check who's online or join a party,
    it's going to crash AGAIN. It also takes multiple attempts to join the party chat and if I'm a part of one and receive an invite, Game Bar crashes again. Over and over and over again.

I just recently reset my Windows 10 and things got a lot better, but this is not good anymore. Is there a way to revert to the previous Game Bar version? I'm running Win 10 ver 1903 (18362.295) and Xbox Game Bar version is 3.32.290001.0
  6. II PARALLAX II Win User

Rental's Rolling out

Xbox One....the "gift" that keeps on giving....broken this...broken that.....but it's the servers not XBL right?....yet everything works fine on PC, 360 and PS4...hmmm
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Game Bar Broken

2. Xbox Game Bar broken on PC/Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar broken on PC/Windows 11: It started with a recent update of some kind. Game Bar doesn’t recognize that it’s still “currently in use” under mic privacy when you close it. It won’t run in the background or whatever. So...
  3. "Xbox Social" in Xbox Game Bar showing no friends, parties broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Xbox Social" in Xbox Game Bar showing no friends, parties broken: Alright, so this issue just happened today. This morning it was fine, but now it is completely broken. When I try to create a party, I can see myself in it, but with no name or profile picture....
  4. bluetooth broken on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    bluetooth broken on xbox game bar: I play games on pc. I'm using bluetooth headphones. The audio works fine until I join a party using xbox game bar. Then everything stutters, not just the audio. It's like everything starts...
  5. Game Bar Broken

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Broken: Hello, I've been trying to join online parties in Forza Horizon 4 while on PC, but I have been unable to accept invites. As far as I can tell, it's because the Game Bar refuses to work. I've...
  6. Xbox game bar has broken my gpu.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar has broken my gpu.: Sorry for bad grammer. My xbox game bar is keeping my gpu at 100% even when i restart and go off all my apps. This issue was fixed with me disabling xbox game bar however i want to know what...
  7. xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken: [IMG] for some reason i cant strech the performace tab window, any fixes? im using sdk developement version (the problem is that i cant se the fps counter(thats the one on the bottom))...
  8. Why is it that xbox game bar is so broken?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is it that xbox game bar is so broken?: Every time I try to open xbox game bar it goes to settings for the game bar and then there's those special occasions where it actually works decently. There's also other times where the xbox game...
  9. XBOX GAME BAR BROKEN

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME BAR BROKEN: i have 3 devices all signed in and only my newest one is having this issue. All the tabs (performance, xbox chat) are all gone. all I see is this now ������ [img]...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Broken in MCC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Broken in MCC: Xbox Game Bar is completely broken in MCC, it doesn't "remember" when you click "remember, this is a game". It doesn't recognize it as a game, and refuses to work with Game DVR and the like....