PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

Discus and support PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LaB x Flamingo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the game bar, My friends are saying that I invited them to a private chat. When I try to invite/add another person
    to the party is starts up a separate private chat with that person. I have searched all over the app for a setting to change this and tested out different ways to start a party but for now I am having to use the old xbox companion app to party chat with my
    xbox friends. I haven't been able to get google results on issue so I am asking on here.

***Moved from: Apps on Windows 10/Xbox on Windows***

:)

LaB x Flamingo, Jun 21, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Lab x Flamingo,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox Beta App on PC. I recommend checking out the following article for more information: Windows
    10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

• Please use the built-in feedback tool within the Xbox app to help us better understand the issue you are facing. Just click on your profile photo and select “Feedback” from the dropdown menu to open Feedback Hub. Feedback Hub enables you to provide
      feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems.
    Hope this helps.
  3. Mr ZEMM Win User

Chat history gone in Xbox-app

Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
  4. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Parties on xbox website

Hi,

Not on the Website. You can chat on a PC via the Xbox Game Bar. Or you can chat on android and iOS devices using the Xbox App.
  6. M O N S T FI z Win User

Updated the Gamebar can't start party's anymore

Ok thats what I thought but I dont realy understand the decision.

First of all: Wich App should I use now? The Xbox App or the Gamebar? There are two Apps installed on Windows that have the xbox Party Feature and both of them are lacking in different Features. In the beginning I used the Xbox App, but than oneday all Party
    and Game Invitations only appeared for the Xbox Game Bar even when it was disabld in Windows-Settings. That made me switch to the Gamebar. In the Gamebar i was missing Features like seeing who is in a friends party and they adde back a private Voice chat like
    on Xbox 360 wich made zero sense. on the Xbox App on the other hand I cant see my friends beeing in a party in the friendlist anymore, also it has no voice overlay and as I mentioned before I get all the Invites for the Game bar even if disabled.

Edit: Also I wanted to mention its still possible to start partys with the xbox app on PC, Smartphone and tablet so why removing the feature for PC players from the Gamebar?
Thema:

1. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat - Similar Threads - Beta App Game

2. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  3. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  4. Game Pass mobile (beta): installing a new game from app, triggers reinstall of other games...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass mobile (beta): installing a new game from app, triggers reinstall of other games...: ....that were in the "active download" mobile queue with status "concluded" With that, Xbox tries to download the game, but it's already downloaded. The more games you have in queue with status...
  5. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...
  6. I simply can't get rid of the active downloads list on Xbox Game Pass Beta app for Android.

in XboX Insiders
    I simply can't get rid of the active downloads list on Xbox Game Pass Beta app for Android.: All show "unavailable status" and stay there forever. Any workaround? This started after I put Flight Simulator to install on Xbox. Now I have two Flight Simulator items there and also Worms...
  7. Can't install Xbox game pass beta app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox game pass beta app on PC: When i installed Xbox game pass beta app on PC (win 10 pro), it shown " look like something went wrong we wernt able to install the app 0x80072F8F " Please help me! [img]...
  8. XSX Beta ring issue with Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) on Win10

in XboX Insiders
    XSX Beta ring issue with Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) on Win10: I've been using the Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) with my Series X for a month now, with no issues in initiating a streaming session from the console (where I have 'instant on' mode enabled)....
  9. Can we use the native Xbox game streaming app on windows 10 with the beta invite ?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we use the native Xbox game streaming app on windows 10 with the beta invite ?: I have problems with my pc that does not support streaming via xbox.com, the cpu is always 100% with continuous stuttering in game. so i want to try the test app but i miss the ID OFFERING, is...
  10. Xbox game pass not synchronizing in xbox(beta) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass not synchronizing in xbox(beta) app: Hi i'm having big issues with the xbox beta app. It doesn't synchronize with my subscription. The translation of the error says: "An error has occurred and your subscription couldn't load "...