PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

Discus and support PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CapinWinky, Jun 16, 2024.

1. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes were from years ago and all the latest stuff was saying that it still worked in the game bar. I enabled the game bar on all three PCs and after some initial flakiness that I assume was background updates, it worked fine.

Is this Microsoft pushing PC users away from the Xbox App? This was three completely different PCs on three different versions of Windows (Win 10, Win 11, and Win 11 N) and none of them could use Xbox App to start a party with either of the other two (we tried all 6 permutations several times).

Anyway, thought it was weird and now I guess we have to use game bar. I'm not even sure if we need Xbox app installed for things to work.

submitted by /u/CapinWinky
    [link] [comments]

/u/CapinWinky, Jun 16, 2024
  2. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

no notificacions in the xbox app

If you have the latest update, then party invites don't go to the Xbox Console Companion app anymore, and they go straight to the Game Bar. Same for party chat on the PC.

To access the Game Bar, just press the Windows button and G at the same time, you should be able to see your invites there.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox game invites

Hello MattAustin1,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with invites for games obtained through the Xbox app. To send invites and join parties try using the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows Button + G. For more information, please visit
    this article:
    Get to know Xbox Game Bar - Windows 10

I hope this information helps.
  5. XBF John Win User

I keep having this issue.

Hello,

Just to clarify you are talking about PC? If so are you on windows 10 or windows 11 and are you using the Xbox app or the Game Bar for parties?

Thanks,

6. Mike Guizzetti Win User

I can't hear anything when I'm in an Xbox Party on PC

I have the same issue, if I force quit the game bar and relaunch it then I invite someone who is a XBOX user it will work but if I add a PC user it does not work for them. Also, if I force quit the app and the xbox user invites me it does not work same
    if the PC user invites me. The issue seems to be with the PC app.
Thema:

PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

1. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar? - Similar Threads - app stopped showing

2. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  3. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  4. My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps: The controller works perfectly fine while playing videogames and using most apps. On the home screen it is very sensitive and jumps around a lot but does not get stuck in any direction but for...
  5. How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app: I've been trying to turn off auto sign ins on my Xbox app but noting has been working. Every time I sign out on the app it signs me right back in without letting me change my details or accounts....
  6. Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress: I’m trying to Download the Xbox game pass app for my windows 11 pc and it gets stuck at 1/3 progress. Did basic troubleshooting. d0d94e57-21c0-4fc1-b483-b7937d51a316
  7. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  8. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...
  9. Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded: I'm using Windows 11. submitted by /u/TaiIvUosis [link] [comments]
  10. My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...: My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it and I am not able to get it to respond to any controller buttons (accept/back/log in etc) other than...