PC xbox app opens then closes right away

Discus and support PC xbox app opens then closes right away in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AyePhoeniix, Apr 20, 2024.

1. AyePhoeniix
    AyePhoeniix Guest

I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much tried everything i found online except reinstalling windows 11. the problem has been happening for a month now and I'm pretty much paying for Xbox pass ultimate for nothing at this point

:)

AyePhoeniix, Apr 20, 2024
  2. imLagginUHack Win User

ERROR 0x87c40011

Im also getting this. Just tried to look at Guacamelee achievements by opening up the app and that error came up right away. Ive tried hard restart and opening and closing the app multiple times :(. Guess ill try Smartglass til its sorted.
  3. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

Can't Verify/Repair Game Files on Xbox PC App

Reset the Xbox PC App to its default settings and clear any issues that you were facing with the app. Please follow the steps to reset the Xbox PC App:

1. Close the Xbox PC App: Make sure the Xbox app is not running in the background. You can check this by looking for the app icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) and right-clicking to close it if it's running.

2. Uninstall the Xbox PC App:
    • Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Go to "Apps" or "Apps & features," depending on your Windows version.
    • Look for the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.
    • Click on the Xbox app and select "Uninstall."

3. Clear App Data (Optional):
    • After uninstalling the app, you can also manually delete any remaining app data. Open File Explorer, and in the address bar, type: %localappdata%\Packages
    • Look for a folder named something like "Microsoft.XboxApp" or "Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay."
    • Delete the folder if it's still there.

4. Reinstall the Xbox PC App:
    • To reinstall the Xbox app, open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Search for "Xbox" in the search bar.
    • Find the Xbox app in the search results and click on it.
    • Click the "Install" or "Get" button to reinstall the app.

5. Launch the app and sign in:
    • Open the Xbox app after the installation is complete.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account or Xbox Live account.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

How to permanently get XBox off the Taskbar

right click start menu and open task manager and select the startup tab and disable xbox app services then restart the pc, this will stop the service starting until you want it started, the icon will go away then.
  5. KilianMarin Win User

Game pass resets every time I open it

Hello Jesse.

This happens on PC. When I say reset it means " I open the app, it closes, it opens, it closes, it opens, it closes, it opens... and this is continuously without stopping.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Ayuda no se muestran algunos juegos del gamepass de pc [Translation-Help some pc game pass games are not shown]

Hi Daruckar,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Does it show any game? That error looks like a connection error. Close the app and restart your PC. Once the PC opens, don't open any other programs just open the Xbox (beta) app and see if you are getting the same error.

Open the Microsoft Store app and click the profile icon in the top right corner. Are you logged into the same account in the Microsoft Store as you are in the Xbox (beta) app?

If that doesn't help uninstall the app by right clicking the app in the Start menu and then re-install the app from the Microsoft Store app. Restart your computer and try again.
Thema:

1. PC xbox app opens then closes right away - Similar Threads - app opens closes

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading: ive tried to open spotify and i see the green logo and it closes it and takes me back to home, ive restarted my xbox 14 times and unplugged it around 8 times and that has not done anything my...
  5. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  6. Xbox app opens and closes

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app opens and closes: Ive been trying to install Sea of thieves which i have owned and have played some years ago but now xbox app doesnt open and if i try installing it through microsoft store it crashes, what do I...
  7. Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.: I have tried restarting pc, repairing app, resetting app, resetting Microsoft Store app using cmd command I found on another form, and I even have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple...
  8. How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...: I have tried everything shared on youtube and searched on google like. updating repairing reseting troubleshooting virus scans even uninstalling then reinstalling...
  9. I have a problem, the xbox app closes instantly when I open it, can anyone help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem, the xbox app closes instantly when I open it, can anyone help me?: I have a modified version of windows that is called kernel os 22h2 and i think that kernel is the problem but i dont find a solution i tried installing and uninstalling...
  10. all collectionb does not open - close app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all collectionb does not open - close app: when i click on all collections jigsaw closes down and i have to restart the app 27937258-c08c-4d9f-81b2-7dc962b8d416