PC: Xbox App in-game menu running slow/ lag

Discus and support PC: Xbox App in-game menu running slow/ lag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, The solution that worked for me: Open AMD Radeon software, click the gaming tab and add a game. Add your Xbox App game, for example Streets of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HBoogaloo, Jul 21, 2021.

1. HBoogaloo
    HBoogaloo Guest

Hi,

The solution that worked for me:

Open AMD Radeon software, click the gaming tab and add a game.

Add your Xbox App game, for example Streets of Rage 4.

I don't know why but for Halo MCC, I couldn't find the directory, so what worked was going to the in-game settings and changing the video settings to Windowed at my desktop resolution (1920 x 1080) and this doesn't actually make it go windowed unless the resolution is lower than your monitor.

For some reason the game doesn't like being in Fullscreen.

Be patient with the menu on Halo and hopefully you'll get through to the settings.

That's it.

My story

The problem I had was the in-game menu's being slow and laggy. So slow that I couldn't even navigate to play, apart from Halo MCC.

Halo in-game menus were laggy but whilst playing multiplayer it was perfect.

I got the Xbox Game Pass and Xbox App and installed Halo MCC, Streets of Rage 4 and Battletoads.

All of them had very slow in-game menus.

My old PC with the same graphics card didn't have these problems, which leaves me scratching my head, the solution is related to my AMD software but it didn't happen before.

My current PC specs are:

Ryzen 7 3800x, Radeon R9 390, 16GB 3200 ram, 1TB NVME SSD.

My old PC:

AMD Phenom II X6, Radeon R9 390, 12GB 1333 ram, 500GB SSD.

Reading the Xbox App spec requirements it shows you need at least a AMD Radeon RX 560, which was made in 2018.

My R9 390, even though more powerful is older and was made in 2015.

... but that's the App specs, I don't see how that would effect the games as they all have their own recommendations.

My drivers are up to date as well.

I hope this helps someone with this simple solution and hopefully you don't have to uninstall, reinstall, reformat things etc. I've done that with other problems and I know it's a pain!

For

:)

HBoogaloo, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

if your using the xbox gamepass version of the games most of them are hidden in an encrypted folder that you cannot access. basically what you have done is put the game in borderless windowed mode. not sure why you having menu lag in full screen in most games as that seems a bit weird.

the r9 390 might be more powerfull as you say but it lacks a lot of the newer features.
  3. HBoogaloo Win User

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know about the encrypted folders.

I actually added the desktop shortcut link for Streets of Rage 4 even though the actual game directory path is hidden.

The shortcut link didn't work for Halo.

I installed Gears 5 just after writing that post and my AMD graphics software automatically picked that one up and haven't had a problem with it.

I don't fully understand it but I'm just happy it's working now :) :)
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

xbox menu running slow and games running slow

Hello there @ElliotHollis, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox:

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I also highly recommend checking the link below for further assistance:

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. ElliotHollis Win User

xbox menu running slow and games running slow

this didn’t work so i’m not sure what to do other than completely reset my xbox. but i’m not sure if it will work or be a complete waste of time.
  6. Unknowngamer1st Win User

Xbox downloads speed

if you are running a game close it down xbox slows down download speed when a game is running to reduce lag.
Thema:

1. PC: Xbox App in-game menu running slow/ lag - Similar Threads - App game menu

2. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  3. When you go over a game, app or menu item the is a colored outline that allows you to click...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When you go over a game, app or menu item the is a colored outline that allows you to click...: When you go over a game, app or menu item the is a colored outline that allows you to click it when I try to go to my network setting I couldn’t click anything and then it kicked me out so in I...
  4. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...: Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it...
  5. Game Pass menu item not showing in Xbox App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass menu item not showing in Xbox App on PC: I have Game Pass, but the Game Pass menu item is not showing up in the Xbox App on PC. I am running the newest version of Windows with all updates. I have tried uninstalling the Xbox App and...
  6. Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps

in XboX Insiders
    Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps: Everytime I open context menus for anything at the home screen or My games & apps section, it either doesn't popup or when I press the menu button another time it opens again, it's just this long...
  7. Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with...: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble with the Xbox app lately. I've discovered that the app would crash immediately upon starting it. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that didn't...
  8. Homepage refreshes when we navigate a menu to quit game/app, then something else in recent...

in XboX Insiders
    Homepage refreshes when we navigate a menu to quit game/app, then something else in recent...: This is driving me crazy. It's really frustrating. When we are browsing a menu list of a game or app, the dashboard in the background is refreshed and then the focus change to something else,...
  9. When in guide selecting a guide item game/app for more info with the menu button is very...

in XboX Insiders
    When in guide selecting a guide item game/app for more info with the menu button is very...: For the last 3 builds the guide is having a hard time opening the menu for selected guide items its very delayed between time hitting menu button to seeing the menu I've reported it on the console...
  10. White screen on game menu xbox game pass app

in XBoX on Mobile
    White screen on game menu xbox game pass app: I'm having problems with the xbox gamepass app on android, namely on starting cloud games. When I am logged my account if i try to get to a game page to click on the play button 2 seconds after i...