PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter

Discus and support PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There has been a lot of updates to the PC Xbox App and Game Bar recently but my Game Bar fps counter seems to just show "--" for the majority of time... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/greigybear, Nov 6, 2023.

1. PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter

There has been a lot of updates to the PC Xbox App and Game Bar recently but my Game Bar fps counter seems to just show "--" for the majority of time now.

Usually fixed by completely resetting the Game Bar but it's not ideal.

I've seen options to fix it regarding Performance Users or something, but I'm on Windows 11 Home and don't think those suggestions work on it

I granted the required access to the data when I first installed Game Bar, and it worked fine before.

Any other suggestions on what to do?

submitted by /u/greigybear
    [link] [comments]

/u/greigybear, Nov 6, 2023
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows

Hi Mark,

To use the FPS counter over your game, there are a few one-time steps you might need to take.

Important You’ll need Xbox Game Bar version
    or later to use the FPS counter.

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Overlay menu > Performance.
    2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.
    3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in the Xbox Game Bar.

I hope this helps!
  3. OompaMyLoompaa Win User

Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?

Hi Josef,

I did the following:

"Go to windows settings > apps > search for Game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset
    Restart the PC and try again"

For some reason Game Bar app is installed but won't happen now. I have tried both pressing the Xbox button and opening it through settings. The Microsoft Store says it is installed.

EDIT: I went ahead and followed your advice, pasting the following command in PowerShell and I can now access the Game Bar app. However, the CPU usage is still showing different numbers from Task Manager.

UPDATE: Game Bar is counting frames in the Splitgate game menu, but the frame counter will disappear and read "--" and "launch new game to see FPS info" when I actually enter a game. Game Bar used to read FPS in absolutely any game, regardless of being in the menus or in-game.

FPS counter works perfectly on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, reading frames instead of "--".
  4. Shrk1990 Win User

FPS

Hey there!

After you've activated it and restarted your PC, are there just dashed lines in the FPS counter when you bring up the Game Bar? And are you in a game when trying to activate it?
  5. MattDank3eyes Win User

Xbox Game Bar

Glad to help, Matt. Let me know if there's anything else.

Also when ready please mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others. A rating is also appreciated.
    My run down to fix my specific problem went as follows.

(Will include the accident)

So I ran the powershell as admin, ran the command to uninstall the xbox app.

Didn't work

Ran it again, but accidentally ran two powershells simultaneously with the same command and it removed my xbox-PC authentication program thing as well as my console companion logging me out of my xbox PC (Beta)

So I got my settings back to what I initially had them at (Just turned on my FPS counter)

Ran powershell + command string 1 singular time, rebooted my PC and reinstalled the xbox app/accessory apps. Before launching my game I opened the win+G game bar and opened my performance tab and clicked the little ziggy line option button since it's not a
    gear wheel Idk what to call it, a slider lines?

Anywhoo, unchecked FPS counter to remove it from the performance tab (I had previously tried when you first showed me the powershell trick) but this time after following the steps of

Windows Powershell Admin ran the string below

Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

Rebooted PC

Reinstalled game bar and the companion app as well as my xbox-PC login software.

Opened up my game bar before launching my game

took FPS counter off of my performance monitor via setting check list.

Game is now gudd, thank you Greg.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Xbox game bar fps counter

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

First, make sure that you have the Xbox Game Bar version 3.34.11002.0 or later to use the FPS counter: https://www.microsoft.com/p/game-bar/9nzkpstsnw4p

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Widget menu > Performance.

2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.

3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in Xbox Game Bar. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...
Thema:

PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter

1. PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter - Similar Threads - App Game Bar

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  4. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  5. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...