PC Xbox app doesn't open

Discus and support PC Xbox app doesn't open in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's stuck at the logo I tried everything: -Repair/Reset Xbox app -Uninstall & Reinstall Xbox app, -Update Xbox App from store library,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Midorima Midorima, Mar 17, 2024.

1. PC Xbox app doesn't open

It's stuck at the logo

I tried everything:
    -Repair/Reset Xbox app

-Uninstall & Reinstall Xbox app,

-Update Xbox App from store library,

-Uninstall Xbox App & Install It from Xbox Website,

-Make sure date, time, time zone and region are correct,

-Clear store cache Using wsreset command,

-Update Windows 11,

-Install Xbox identity provider and Gaming services

-Uninstall remains of gaming service "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

-Install Gaming service: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

-Start all these services: IP Helper, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking, Service Gaming, services Windows Update, Microsoft install service

-Run powershell command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" -Run inetcpl.cpl command In Advanced Tab Check Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3

I'm paying xbox game pass and it's not for nothing, no please help me fixing this S*
    PC Xbox app doesn't open [​IMG]

:)

Midorima Midorima, Mar 17, 2024
  2. Kathy A. Win User

PC Xbox App doesn't open

Hi elisnakeman,

We have not heard anything from you since from our last follow up message. If you have other concerns please do not hesitate to create a new thread and we would be more than happy to assist you with it. Have a great day ahead of you.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

PC Xbox App doesn't open

Hi elisnakeman,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

PC Xbox App doesn't open

Thanks for the swift reply, elisnakeman.

We will provide you troubleshooting and please let us know the results:

1. May we ask if your PC and Xbox apps were all up-to-date? Guide - Update Windows.
    2. May we ask for the reason why Xbox app needs to be reinstalled before the issue happen?
    3. Have you tried repairing the Xbox app? Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.

Please restart PC and disable or turn off Norton 360 after installing all Windows Update.
    4. Have you tried installing the Xbox Console Companion - Get Xbox Console Companion - Microsoft Store? Does this app launch just fine?
    5. May we know if you have tried creating new local user in your PC? Guide - Create a local user or administrator account in Windows.
    We look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

5. elisnakeman Win User

PC Xbox App doesn't open

Hi ,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issue launching Xbox app as it would crash. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We believe you have tried some troubleshooting to have Xbox app cease from crashing. You have even detailed out reinstalling the app and multiple restarts in attempt of resolving the issue. That left us wondering if you have consider contacting support for help about this. If you haven't contacted yet, let us isolate your issue in here by answering few question below:

1. Is there an error message or code prompted when the app suddenly crashes? Please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information.
    2. Are there any apps/games aside from Xbox app that crashes few seconds or a minute after it launch?
    3. Do you have any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer installed in PC?
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there any recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    5. Would you mind sharing to us the troubleshooting you have done so far?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
    1. No error message just a sudden crash

2. No other app does this

3. I have norton 360 and disabled anti virus and tried all prior solutions

4. This issue happened when i reinstalled the xbox app

5. I trohbleshooted and it said there is a hanging/crashing app

I resetted my PC and fixed the problem. Still don’t know what it was
  6. Kathy A. Win User

PC Xbox App doesn't open

Hi elisnakeman,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issue launching Xbox app as it would crash. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We believe you have tried some troubleshooting to have Xbox app cease from crashing. You have even detailed out reinstalling the app and multiple restarts in attempt of resolving the issue. That left us wondering if you have consider contacting support for help about this. If you haven't contacted yet, let us isolate your issue in here by answering few question below:

1. Is there an error message or code prompted when the app suddenly crashes? Please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information.
    2. Are there any apps/games aside from Xbox app that crashes few seconds or a minute after it launch?
    3. Do you have any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer installed in PC?
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there any recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    5. Would you mind sharing to us the troubleshooting you have done so far?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

PC Xbox app doesn't open

1. PC Xbox app doesn't open - Similar Threads - app doesn't open

2. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  3. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  4. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  5. Xbox app doesn't download in the folder i want it too and wont open!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app doesn't download in the folder i want it too and wont open!: I recently got the Xbox Game Pass PC and downloaded Superliminal but when i tried to open it, it said that Windows could not access it and it shows that it downloaded in "WindowsApps" file. I...
  6. PC Xbox App doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox App doesn't open: Hey there Microsoft community! Recently I wanted to get the xbox app installed so I can download sea of thieves. After installation, my taskbar refreshed and I thought it was peculiar because it...
  7. Xbox Companion App doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App doesn't open: When I try to open the Xbox Companion App, the window flashes open and then immediately closes. A similar thing happens when trying to sign in to Minecraft for Windows 10 Any help is much...
  8. Xbox (Beta) app doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app doesn't open: Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with the Xbox app. I subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and then installed the app to start playing, but when I try to open it a window appears that says...
  9. Xbox app doesn't open.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app doesn't open.: I click on the app and it comes up with a whole black loading screen and then gets off the app. c8046159-8353-49ed-953d-0902cd594831
  10. The Xbox Store App doesn't wanna open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox Store App doesn't wanna open: When I go to the search tab in the Xbox store, it loads, then fails telling me to "Check for an update or uninstall the app" Now being that this is the store I cannot delete the app, nor are there...