PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager

Discus and support PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i launch Wrekfest for PC using Game Pass, the game hangs after the splash screen. I get a black full screen window and the mouse spinning icon.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eoghan Gregory, Dec 10, 2023.

1. PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager

When i launch Wrekfest for PC using Game Pass, the game hangs after the splash screen.

I get a black full screen window and the mouse spinning icon.

The game will not progress any futher than this point.

There is no window that i can Alt+Tab to and no other running window.

If i launch task manager and kill the process "Gaming UI", then the game continues to launch.

What am i doing wrong?

:)

Eoghan Gregory, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Eoghan Gregory Win User

Tom, I can understand the absence. We're all busy.

That said, you clearly are not following. I know what a cloud save is. This game has cross platform support. I have not played this across platforms other than to assist in diagnostics. I do not play this on the xbox.

Let me repeat my steps.

Launch the game on windows.

The game opens a black/blank screen and does nothing. The length of time waiting at this point does not change anything.

Windows tells me to close the game as its not responding. I wait, nothing happens. The message appears again, rinse / repeat.

I close the game.

THEN and only then does the "which save do you want, local or cloud" screen appears.

I can only reach the window AFTER killing the game process, thus defeating the purpose of the window.

I select cloud or local and nothing happens, because ive already had to kill the games process and i am now back at the desktop with no game running.

I cannot alt tab to this cloud save screen while the game process is running. This screen is not hidden. Its not under another screen. I cannot access it using task manager. I cannot find it sam I am.

I can only bypass this issue by launching task manager and killing "Gaming UI" process while the game process is still running in its "hung" state.

Then the game launches normally.
  3. Eoghan Gregory Win User

Ive never played this game in the cloud.

I installed this game through the xbox app and on the first time launch on any platform had this problem.

I have since tried to install it on the xbox itself to see if the cloud data was actually syncing and there is no cloud data.

It does not appear that this app has ever successfully connected to the cloud.
  4. Eoghan Gregory Win User

The directions provided dont match with the current version of the xbox app.

The settings button is in the top left not the bottom left, there is no "gaming tab" and there is no "Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using game bar" option. I suspect that the version you are referring to is an older version of the app.

Under "capture" in the "game bar" ui, not of the recording options are enabled.

That being said, additional information:

When i launch the game and it hangs, i get the option to close the game as it has stopped responding.

If i close the app does the screen below appears. This screen is not accessible via Alt+tab, or "switch to" in task manager.

This screen only appears if i force close the game and the game only launches if i force close "gaming UI".

I can either

1 - Launch the game, CTRL+ALT+DEL, launch Task Manager, force close "Gaming UI", game runs as normal.

2 - Launch the game, wait until error screen, close the game, "Gaming UI" appears, select an option, all windows related to the game close, return to desktop.

This issue is clearly linked to the cloud storage for Xbox on windows.

Though im not sure how to fix it.

[​IMG]
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Eoghan,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Eoghan Gregory,

Thank for getting back with the thread.

There could be several reasons why a game won't launch without terminating the Game UI from the task manager. One possible reason is that there may be a conflict with other programs running on your computer that are interfering with the game's launch. Another possible reason is that there may be a problem with the game's installation or files, which may require troubleshooting or reinstallation. It's also possible that your computer may not meet the game's system requirements, which could cause issues with launching the game.

If we may ask, can you provide us your device specification and the version of your Windows? To check the version of your Windows, press Windows key + R and in the run dialog box type winver and hit enter.

Additionally, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if this will help resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. PC - Wrekfest - Wont Launch without terminating "Gaming UI" in task manager - Similar Threads - Wrekfest Wont Launch

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  4. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  5. Avatar wont update even after restart of console

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar wont update even after restart of console: I would love a rework on the avatars program as it never updates and this is very frustrating . submitted by /u/Tough_Recording_3176 [link] [comments]
  6. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  7. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  8. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  9. Xbox wont turn on or load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on or load: My xbox just recently crashed while mid game. Now I can't even get it to load the home screen download anything or it takes to long to respond and crashes.. I've tried disconnected everything...
  10. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f