PC wireless adaptor audio control

Discus and support PC wireless adaptor audio control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using a wireless headset connected to my PC by the USB Xbox wireless adaptor. The headset connects fine, and the audio quality is fine, I just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ajbhurst, Dec 11, 2021.

1. ajbhurst
    ajbhurst Guest

I am using a wireless headset connected to my PC by the USB Xbox wireless adaptor. The headset connects fine, and the audio quality is fine, I just can't control the volume. If I use the dial on the headset itself I can adjust the volume, but I can't control it with the PC. If I open volume mixer and adjust the volume of individual programs then that works, or if I change the setting in an individual program (like a game or spotify) then it works. But if I try and adjust the overall volume it has no effect. Even muting the volume does nothing, in theory that should mute each program, but it doesn't affect the headphones. But I can mute individual programs in the volume mixer which does work. Not sure why windows seems to be able to control the volume of individual programs, but not the overall volume.

Any help would be appreciated. I have done all the obvious things I can think of (updated drivers, restarted/reconnect everything) but nothing seems to work.

:)

ajbhurst, Dec 11, 2021
  2. c6618dd7-33e5-4d5c-9 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Win10 PC: No rumble or headset audio support?

Hey everyone,

Audio worked out of the box for me. A USB Audio Device appeared when I plugged the Stereo Headset adaptor into the controller AND plugged headphones into the adaptor.

This is using a standard Xbox One controller (i.e. not an elite) via the wireless adaptor with v20.24.34.491 drivers.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you! Is it possible that your Xbox Wireless Headset displays as more than one audio device in your audio device list? (ex: Wireless Headset Stereo, Wireless Headset - Hands Free AG)
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello ajbhurst,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Can you verify which version of Windows you are running? (ex: Windows 10 or Windows 11)

This will help us identify where we should start when troubleshooting your issue.
  5. ajbhurst Win User

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm running windows 10 home 64bit.
  6. AlgrecoAndrews Win User

Audio via 2 Xbox one controllers via laptop

I did try that but still no audio. Is it even possible to hear any audio via 2 xbox one controllers at the same time using a wireless adaptor on windows
Thema:

1. PC wireless adaptor audio control - Similar Threads - wireless adaptor audio

2. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adaptor driver conflicts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adaptor driver conflicts: The Xbox Wireless adaptor disconnects the established wired connection, and when wireless I can't hear any sound from the controller when headset is plugged in. I have searched Windows Update for...
  4. xbox wireless adaptor controller sensitivity issues on PC (windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adaptor controller sensitivity issues on PC (windows 10): I have had this problem for a little bit now, but it has made playing anything on my PC basically unplayable for me. What is happening, say I am playing a game which I begin to look slowly to...
  5. Xbox wireless adaptor Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor Code 10: Hello, I have a new style wireless adaptor to connect an Xbox pad to the PC. It used to work. Then it worked intermittently, where it would work for a bit, then say the drivers had failed, but...
  6. Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll: I use a xbox series x controller (Not the elite) connected to my pc via a xbox wireless adaptor. When I am done playing a game, I quit the game and return back to the desktop and then turn of the...
  7. Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 PC. How to resolve?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 PC. How to resolve?: Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 pc. Works fine still on windows 10 PC and Laptop. Have gone through all the trouble shooting suggestions. Uninstalled the driver now it will...
  8. Xbox wireless adaptor stopped working suddenly. Does not show in device manager.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor stopped working suddenly. Does not show in device manager.: I'll try to be brief. My xbox wireless adaptor stopped working today out of seemingly nowhere. All the devices previously connected, including headset and controller, don't auto connect like...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC: I cannot connect my Xbox Elite Controller to my PC via wireless adaptor. I have followed along with all of the instructions on Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows I purchased a...
  10. Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor: I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (not Bluetooth). The issue I'm...