[PC] We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

Discus and support [PC] We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Getting this error as of late with any game I try and launch via the xbox app on PC. I have tested on a few games and completed reinstall for said... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by F1R3FLYY_OG, Nov 18, 2023.

1. F1R3FLYY_OG
    F1R3FLYY_OG Guest

Getting this error as of late with any game I try and launch via the xbox app on PC.

I have tested on a few games and completed reinstall for said games and same issue.

Have already complete wsreset as admin, uninstalled app and reinstalled.

Deleted accounts and cache in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker as per another post and still no luck.

Able to sign in on other devices and into the app with no problems but error only occurs when trying to launch a game.

Any suggestions?

:)

F1R3FLYY_OG, Nov 18, 2023
  2. thatClarkguy Win User

(PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

No luck, I

1. Updated everything, including windows
    2. Reset the app
    3. Ran the Troubleshooter
    4. ran wsreset.exe
    None of these helped. Any ideas?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Clark,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Man, that is truly a bummer and I'm sure that it is also equally frustrating. You may wish to attempt a clean boot of your system, then attempt to fix the Xbox app. I'm placing the links below with
    the instructions on how to do these steps and would love to hear the results.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

I also found a couple of applicable posts from our Windows forums that may additionally helpful as well:

Error code 0x80070520 when signing into Store and/or XBox Live games

error code 0x80070020

Lastly, you may wish to try deleting the Windows Store cache as that can cause the error code you're getting to pop up as well:

• Press Windows key or open Windows Start, then type
      wsreset in the search bar
    • Right-click on wsreset.exe and select Run as Administrator
    • This will clean the Windows Store cache. Make sure you don’t press anything while the command prompt is working.
    • Windows Store will open when it’s been reset and you should restart your PC.

Give these a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that these help you out!
  4. Sodangidni Win User

5. LouisChew Win User

I have tried the 1st method, but issue persists. I noticed the error code changed again. 0x89245102.

Gonna try method 2 and 3 now.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Louis.
    Yes, it's normal to see some red messages when running the command.

May I know if the issue persists after the command ended and once you restarted the PC?
Thema:

1. [PC] We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520) - Similar Threads - couldn't sign Live

2. Couldn't sign in to Xbox Live! Error (0x89235107) (on PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Couldn't sign in to Xbox Live! Error (0x89235107) (on PC): I am currently having problem with using any Microsoft connected/ Xbox Game on my PC! Yesterday I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and made a full reset of my Data. I've installed the neccessary...
  3. (PC) We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error code 0x89235113

in XBoX Accessibility
    (PC) We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error code 0x89235113: I was trying to play forza horizon 5 through the Microsoft store and this error popped up upon starting the game. When I tried to play forza horizon 4 through steam, it launched and was working...
  4. (PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102): Hello, Any time I try to use an Xbox Game, or sign into the Xbox app with my main profile, I am given the following error, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102). This issue...
  5. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  6. We couldn't sign you in to Xbox live.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We couldn't sign you in to Xbox live.: I keep getting this error when trying to sign into the xbox app on a win 11 pc. Microsoft support has been useless. I do not own xbox live, I own gamepass and that is it. I do not own an xbox,...
  7. How to fix Xbox live Error code: 0x80070520 -> "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix Xbox live Error code: 0x80070520 -> "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live....: so i got a new pc not too long ago (R7-5700G, RTX 3060, win11). And i decided to buy the xbxo gamepass yesterday to play games like minecraft and powerwash simulator and others but whenever the...
  8. Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...: Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry something went wrong . Try again in a while (0X80070520) Was working fine yesterday...
  9. "couldn't sign you into xbox live, please try later" when trying to launch microsoft flight...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "couldn't sign you into xbox live, please try later" when trying to launch microsoft flight...: So, my pc gamepass membership expires, so I redeem an xbox gamepass ultimate code I had with me. I then try to launch microsoft flight simulator like I do everyday and it shows an error saying,...
  10. Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error: Any game that requires an extra sign in always gives me an error with signing in (specifically 0x0000042B currently). I've tried resetting all different kinds of Xbox app (including gaming...