PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Discus and support PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to remote play via the Xbox app on Windows 10. It will turn on the console, play the loading rocket ship animation, then go to a black screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jcleigh, Nov 7, 2021.

1. jcleigh
    jcleigh Guest

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Trying to remote play via the Xbox app on Windows 10. It will turn on the console, play the loading rocket ship animation, then go to a black screen for 1 minute before it displays "You have been disconnected from cloud gaming" and buttons to quit or send feedback.

Xbox Series X is on 5ghz wifi (no ability to hardwire currently).
    Have tried the PC on both 5ghz wifi and ethernet with same result.

Same Xbox remote plays to my Android phone on the same wifi with no issues. << This is what makes me think its a Windows/PC issue.

I went through all the networking, firewall, setup config FAQs and everything has green checkmarks on the PC and the Xbox.

PC is a MSI GS66 Stealth laptop running Win10 (fully updated). It has a RTX 2060 dGPU, all the "max gaming performance settings" configs are enabled.

:)

jcleigh, Nov 7, 2021
  2. CBuntrock Win User

Same issue here. Rocket comes from left to right, then black - after 1 min disconnect. Sound is working by the way. Support was unable to help.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Yes, the wifi works and I already have up-to-date Intel Killer drivers installed. This Xbox Remote Play issue happens the same way when the PC is using ethernet too.
    Do you use a 3rd party anti-virus program like Avast, norton, Kaspersky etc by any chance? If so, I'd try disabling it as sometimes their real-time scanners can cause issues. You will be covered by Windows Defender anyway. Also, if you have gaming software like Razer etc, try disabling that too as they can also cause issues.

Beyond that, I am not sure...I take it you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App?

If you haven't already, it might be worth downloading the Xbox Console Companion and trying through that..whilst it is an older app, it would still point to whether the issue is with the Xbox app or elsewhere
  4. ngocphi Win User

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
  5. ngocphi Win User

You don't need the xbox to have remote play
  6. Ender1019 Win User

I was having the same trouble and just found a solution. In the Windows 10 Xbox app, click on the three dots next to the button to connect to the Xbox via remote play and choose 'Remove Console'. Once it is removed, select 'Add Console' and go through the process of adding the console back as a remote play option. This will require you to be at your actual Xbox to set up up.

Once you've completed the setup, you should be good to go. At least, it worked for me.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later - Similar Threads - XSX Remote Play

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度

in XBoX Games and Apps
    机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度: 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度 a74ea200-dc56-4018-bdfe-3c6a9f1fd59c
  9. XSX shutdown when update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX shutdown when update: When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off. After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the power button, it will turn off again after few...
  10. pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?

in XBoX on Consoles
    pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?: I can no longer run gpu captures for xsx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling the GDK but every time I try a gpu capture I get a message about a file not found. PIX is displaying the game just...