PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play

Discus and support PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. I've been playing Xbox almost exclusively from my PC for over a year now, mostly Call of Duty (which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by awful waffle, Dec 5, 2023.

1. awful waffle
    awful waffle Guest

Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance.

I've been playing Xbox almost exclusively from my PC for over a year now, mostly Call of Duty (which relies heavily on voice comms).

More recently, I cannot get the mic (pc mic not xbox headset) to work at all while using Remote Play. I can use my PC Mic setup fine with any of my pc apps, games, even the same Call of Duty but pc version.

But - the mic does not work with Remote Play.

Specifically, in Call of Duty, turning the mic on has no effect. (In Call of Duty when your mic is turned on you'll see your name pop up if noise is detected).

I have tried:

Looking for mic drivers

Restarting PC - works very occasionally, one time, then never again

Power cycling the scarlet solo unit

Plugging/unplugging the scarlet solo usb cable from the pc

Plugging/unplugging the mic from the scarlet solo input

Restarting xbox app, cycling remote play

Again to clarify - the mic will be working fine in all other applications on my pc during the times that it is NOT working via the box app. In other words, I can be recording myself in OBS, but no one on my team can hear me (scream).

Has anyone else had trouble like this?

Setup:

• Xbox Series X
    • Win10 PC with Xbox app using remote play (local home network)
    • Focusrite Scarlet Solo mic input
    • Audio-Technica AT2035 mic

:)

awful waffle, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello awful waffle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with your Mic during Remote Play. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There are a few possible causes for this issue, such as:

- Your PC mic is not set as the default input device in your Windows settings.

- Your PC mic is muted or has a low volume in your Xbox app settings.

- Your PC mic is not compatible with Remote Play or the game you are playing.

- There is a network or software problem that prevents your PC mic from working properly.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps:

- Check your Windows settings and make sure that your PC mic is selected as the default input device. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar, selecting Sounds, and then clicking on the Recording tab. You should see your PC mic listed there. If not, you may need to enable it or install the drivers for it. You can also test your PC mic by clicking on Properties and then on the Levels tab. You should see a green bar moving when you speak into your PC mic.

- Check your Xbox app settings and make sure that your PC mic is not muted or has a low volume. You can do this by opening the Xbox app, clicking on the gear icon in the lower-left corner, and then clicking on Audio & video.

You should see your PC mic listed under Microphone. Make sure that the slider is not set to zero or close to it.

You can also test your PC mic by clicking on Test microphone and speaking into it. You should hear yourself through your speakers or headphones.

- Check if your PC mic is compatible with Remote Play or the game you are playing. Some PC mics may not work well with Remote Play or certain games due to different audio formats or protocols. You can try using a different PC mic or a headset that connects directly to your Xbox controller via a 3.5mm jack. You can also check the game's settings and see if there are any options to adjust the audio input or output.

- Try a different mic: If none of the above solutions work, try using a different mic to see if the issue is with your current mic or with the Xbox app.

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue and enjoy Remote Play with your friends. If you need further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello awful waffle,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

What specifically doesn't work? The stream audio or the party audio?
    Was that not covered in the OPs post?

"I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session"

"just not when joining a party during a stream."

Seems to me that the OP is playing using the Remote Play function but the Microphone doesn't work when in a party chat whilst using the Remote Play. the Mic works fine when directly connected to the Xbox or used via the Xbox App
  5. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
  6. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C.

Without much welcome the community.

Hello jcleigh, just to make clear what this is about, are you trying to stream from Xbox to PC on the same network, are you trying to remotely play xbox through your mobile phone or are you trying to play Xcloud?
    The OP is trying to use Remote Play between their PC and their Series X using the PC Xbox App:

"PC to XSX Remote Play"

They have tried to use remote play with their Android Device and it worked fine
Thema:

1. PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play - Similar Threads - mic does remote

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  4. Why does my mic not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mic not work?: I have tried many different earphones and headphones in my series s controller. Nothing I have done as worked. I have followed all the guides, watched all the YouTube videos but my mic simply does...
  5. Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...: I play on PC with friends that play on xbox and i talk to them using the party system from the Xbox game bar. Some of them stream and said that i need to allow my audio to be included so they can...
  6. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298
  7. Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...: recording the last minute gets everything but my mic and if i manually record it gets my mic but it gets my internal instead of my external Quadcast S microphone im on windows 11 my default mic...
  8. does anyone know how to fix a broken mic in settings?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to fix a broken mic in settings?: When I use party chat on my xbox I can hear my friends but they can hear me. I have tried checking if i’m muted and i have party chat output set to headset. Does anyone know how to solve this...
  9. Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.: I've been using the XBOX game bar to capture video game clips of me and my friends. Usually it would only pick up audio from discord and from the game I play (rocket league). My own audio is not...
  10. Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat: All my settings are on for the mic turtle beach sent me a new headset and still i get muted 7440d5ed-baa1-411b-a281-b75658bc72a2