PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005

Discus and support PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to install forza however keep running into issues. The downloads were throwing up error messages at random times. I have tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gary wells1, Oct 6, 2023.

1. gary wells1
    gary wells1 Guest

I have been trying to install forza however keep running into issues. The downloads were throwing up error messages at random times. I have tried to restart the download and now the failed download is trying to start from where it last failed. This is throwing error code 0x80070005.

I now cant install to a different hard drive without receiving the same error message. I cant delete it as i cant find anything to delete as the game hasnt installed fully.

:)

gary wells1, Oct 6, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

I understand your frustration, don't worry because we will solve it. I recommend you Clear the Windows Store cache. The Windows Store cache can accumulate corrupt or outdated files, which can cause problems when downloading and installing games. You can clear the Windows Store cache by running the following command at the command line (CMD) with administrator privileges: wsreset.exe

Additionally, you can perform the suggested xbox steps on this error.

If you're trying to use a game or app, uninstall it and then reinstall it:
    Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    Select My games & apps > See all.
    Select Games or Apps.
    Highlight the game or app you want to uninstall, press the Menu button, and then select Uninstall > Uninstall all.
    Reinstall the game or app by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Ready to Install tab. To download again, select the game title from the Ready to Install tab at the top of the screen. You can also find the game by searching for it in the Microsoft Store.

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-80070005
  3. David Wirsching Win User

The problem may be a little frustrating but we will solve it.
    Check if you don't have any corrupt files in Windows.
    1-Right click on Start and then click on Windows Powershell (admin)

2- Write these commands.
    sfc /scannow (and press Enter)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (and press Enter)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (and press Enter)

3- The DISM tool will report if the image is in good condition, repairable or non-repairable. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) argument to repair the image.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

I'm sorry you're still having the download problem. You can restart the store and try the download again.
    Open the Microsoft Store, click your avatar in the top right corner, and select "Settings." Scroll down and click "Reset" under the "Reset Store" section. This will reset the Microsoft Store and may resolve installation issues.

Always start as administrator. Right-click the Game Pass for PC installer and select "Run as administrator." This will ensure that the program has the necessary permissions to install correctly.
  5. gary wells1 Win User

I have done that now, this cleared what was probably the corrupted file and let me start the install again.

Unfortunately I am still getting the error code mentioned previously.

I have tried to restart the download but the error code will flag up at any random percentage. As this is quite a big game and I have rubbish internet, it can sometimes happen within 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I had a similar issue with a different game but installing it to a different hard drive solved that. Doesn't seem to be working on this one though.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Hello ! My name is David, in charge of helping you today

I was analyzing your problem, and the first thing you should do in this case is make sure that your Windows operating system is updated. Remember that sometimes installation errors are corrected with system updates.
    You should also verify that your computer has enough space to install the game.
    We can also try to install the game but with the Antivirus disabled, sometimes the antivirus prevents the download of some programs, and you activate it after installing the game.

Best regards, David.
Thema:

1. PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - gamepass install issue

2. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  3. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  4. Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching): Gamepass games that I installed on my laptop aren't getting past launch loading screen. Left one loading for 15 minutes and the game didn't launch. Using 2019 Macbook Pro running Windows 11 via...
  5. Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive: As the title says, when installed to my two other drives, d and e, the games will sometimes start and run before shutting down instantly. Or they won't start at all, giving the message, "(game)...
  6. help i cant install gamepass on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    help i cant install gamepass on pc.: I go to Xbox game pass website to install the app and during installation it stops and disappears have way through installation. have had this on my pc before. It was giving me trouble so...
  7. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%: Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows two times. I noticed after buying the...
  8. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  9. How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?: I have reinstalled and repaired various times to no avail. Thank you for your time in adance. I have tried command/sfc/scannow, repaired microsoft store, ensured proper update of both windows and...
  10. install button for starfeild gamepass pc is greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    install button for starfeild gamepass pc is greyed out: trying to install it on my pc and it is greyed out see image below [img] de2d9960-43dd-4920-aa69-19782f12ac9d