PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall

Discus and support PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have very frustrating issue going on: Several games from gamepass collection that I have installed earlier and uninstalled later, keep getting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dmitry G.1, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Dmitry G.1
    Dmitry G.1 Guest

I have very frustrating issue going on:

Several games from gamepass collection that I have installed earlier and uninstalled later, keep getting redownloaded and reinstalled by the xbox app. Some of them are not even available anymore on gamepass(persona 5 royal). I ran repair tool numerous times and it didnt help. Please assist!

:)

Dmitry G.1, Nov 2, 2023
  2. Dmitry G.1 Win User

Even complete Windows reinstall doesnt help, this is crazy

Any ideas how to address the issue?
  3. Sunny Ting Win User

I am having the same issue with Starfield. Kept installing to C drive when I have uninstall it.
  4. Dmitry G.1 Win User

hmm tried reinstalling xbox app and gaming services - it didnt help
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Dmitry G, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you are experiencing a problem with Gamepass games that are reinstalled after uninstallation, I will leave you with some detailed steps to follow for you to carry out.

Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app

Enable certain services: Press the Windows key and search for “services.” Make sure you enable the following services: IP Helper, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service, Gaming services, Windows Update

Correct the date, time and time zone on your PC

Reinstall gaming services: Launch the Xbox app. You should see a blue banner with the following message: “This application requires an additional component. Gaming services are needed to play some games. Administrator approval required. Install". Select “Install” to reinstall Gaming Services

Delete the Gaming Services registry keys and reinstall the Gaming Services application

Stop reinstalling games: Open the Xbox app on your computer. Click on your profile picture icon and then go to settings. Here click on Remote Installation and make sure you have unchecked the box

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. JamalNoori Win User

Yeah Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield reinstall for me upon restarting my PC every time. I'm not sure if this is related, but I had FH5 and SF already installed on a different drive when I reset my PC recently, and don't think I re-downloaded them after, it just found them. I'm tempted to do a complete reinstall and not bring any games over this time, but no idea if that's why.
Thema:

1. PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall - Similar Threads - gamepass games keep

2. Gamepass game. .

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass game. .: Can you ad fnaf sécurity breach en wobbly life in de gamepass please? submitted by /u/Technical_Routine_39 [link] [comments]
  3. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  4. Cant launch gamepass games on my PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cant launch gamepass games on my PC: When you select to play a game from the downloaded games, the game card launches on screen, signs in, then syncs, and then gets on stuck in the "Launching Game" phase. Has anyone else experienced...
  5. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  6. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  7. I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how...: I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how to fix? 7561dab4-f81e-48f8-8d67-9e4b8d6e2702
  8. Xbox controller keeps alt tabbing my games. (PC Gamepass)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps alt tabbing my games. (PC Gamepass): Every time I press LB + A it ALWAYS alt-tabs my games, I've updated my controller and scoured the internet for solutions to no avail. This only happens when I launch games from the Xbox app...
  9. My CoD MW2 from gamepass has glitched to 10th prestige and now my game keeps crashing. How...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My CoD MW2 from gamepass has glitched to 10th prestige and now my game keeps crashing. How...: I downloaded CoD MW2 from gamepass a few days ago for my Xbox series X. I’ve been playing fine no problems, but today my game has crashed. My online profile has glitched itself to 10th prestige...
  10. if i purchase a game off gamepass then unsubscribe can i keep the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i purchase a game off gamepass then unsubscribe can i keep the game: if i purchase a game off gamepass then unsubscribe can i keep the game? 4943d5a9-295c-42be-ac9c-bf43b9738d26