PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.

Discus and support PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, For some reason, when I relaunch Dune Spice wars on the PC game pass. All my saves are gone. it has happened 3 times now in which I ended up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mr Kintaco, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Mr Kintaco
    Mr Kintaco Guest

Hey guys, For some reason, when I relaunch Dune Spice wars on the PC game pass. All my saves are gone. it has happened 3 times now in which I ended up losing saves which I have spent hours in. Any help or fixes?

I am not deleting the game and reinstalling it.

:)

Mr Kintaco, Jul 22, 2023
  2. Artifex 28 Win User

NOOOOOOO!

The saves can be SEEN by the game, but they cannot be LOADED!

I'm just stuck in a LOAD LOOP, the loading goes from 0% to 100% and then back to 0% and this keeps repeating.
  3. Artifex 28 Win User

SOLVED! --> At the end of the post you will find out the solution how to recover your saves.

First are the steps I took to solve this:

- So I copied the CONTENTS of the (some very long ID)-folder with saves and options.ini, game.log etc to another location as a backup
    - Started the game -> no help

- I started a new game and saved
    - I restarted the game and the ABOVE save works (but not the one I'm missing)

- The previous location (xgs-folder) did NOT have any new contents -> it's empty

- Then I was about to copy the previously backupped save files back to the (some very long ID)-folder to see if these would work now... but I noticed that there is a xbl.log -file; I opened it and heureka.

- It refers to a completely new location: [XBL] [LOGFILE] Set to C:\Users\<your WIN user>\AppData\Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\xbl.log

- So I opened THIS folder mentioned in the log, and I found out that there's similar folder contents to the %localappdata%\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.DuneSpiceWars_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\xgs\<some very long id>\

this Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\ folder contained my previous test save from the above. The mystery is solved.

= COPY YOUR .SAV FILES + FOLDER CONTENTS FROM %localappdata%\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.DuneSpiceWars_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\xgs\

TO

C:\Users\<your WIN user>\AppData\Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\

- Be sure to enable HIDDEN files -visibility to access the see the AppData-folder with your File Explorer

You're welcome! <3

www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
  4. Mr Kintaco Win User

I am running windows 11.

It is the only game affected and it is saved on my C drive.

After I lost saves 3 times, I verified the game etc and the problem still persists.
  5. Artifex 28 Win User

Managed to contact the devs. on their forum and the pushed a patch that at least for me fixed the issue.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Let’s try to sort this out this problem before considering a game reinstallation, Mr.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
    Is this game the only affected, or are more games affected?
    Do you have installed the game on the system drive? (Local drive C:)
    What procedures you tried to fix this prior to your post creation?
Thema:

1. PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch. - Similar Threads - game pass Losing

2. PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves: After Buying the YEar 1 a few days ago, I couldn't access the DLC maps. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and there I lost all my saves... my lvl30+ profile and 40/50 hours gameplay saves...
  3. Will I lose my game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I lose my game pass?: I have 3 months of free Xbox game pass that I got free with my new laptop. I haven't claimed it yet and I'm thinking of doing it a few months later when I'll be free to play games. But right now...
  4. Losing sound in some Game Pass games only with wireless headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Losing sound in some Game Pass games only with wireless headset.: For some games (currently Hi-Fi Rush and Ghostwire: Tokyo), I am losing sound every couple of seconds for a second. I am using PC Game Pass to play those games on Windows 10 PC. This issue happens...
  5. Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge

in XBoX Accessibility
    Downgrading from Game Pass Ultimate back to standard Xbox Live might lose 20 year profile Badge: I've had Game Pass ultimate since it came out and love the service but I haven't had the time lately to justify the cost per month for it and wanted to downgrade back to standard Xbox Live. I...
  6. Will my son lose his progress in a game pass game if he buys it separately?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my son lose his progress in a game pass game if he buys it separately?: My son downloaded SW Battlefront II with a game pass. He would now like to purchase the game instead of buying a game pass extension. Will he lose the progress he made on his game pass version of...
  7. if i reset my windows i'll gonna lose my xbox game pass include with device?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i reset my windows i'll gonna lose my xbox game pass include with device?: hi, recently i find out my windows have a problem that i should reset my windows(maybe clean install); so if i clean install or reset my windows am i going to lose my game pass include with...
  8. Will I lose my 10 year badge if I don’t extend my Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Will I lose my 10 year badge if I don’t extend my Game Pass Ultimate?: I have a code for 12 months of Gold but don’t want to redeem until after my Game Pass Ultimate expires. I’m worried that when my Game Pass Ultimate expires, I’ll lose the 10 year badge that’s on...
  9. Downgrading from Game Pass to XBOX Live - will I lose my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downgrading from Game Pass to XBOX Live - will I lose my games?: All I understand that the only way to downgrade a Game Pass Ultimate subscription to an XBOX Live Gold subscription is to let the subscription expire and then renew / subscribe to XBOX Live. If...
  10. Do i lose my progress if i do not buy xbox game pass for a month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i lose my progress if i do not buy xbox game pass for a month?: Do i lose my progress if i do not buy xbox game pass for a month? 3ddf5f8a-9928-4153-8863-a1b30b77fd1f