PC BSOD when trying to launch games through the Xbox app

Discus and support PC BSOD when trying to launch games through the Xbox app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi since 19/04/2022 I have been unable to play any games launched through the Xbox app, I have Gamepass Ultimate, I have attempted many different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CMDRCalhoun, Apr 20, 2022.

1. CMDRCalhoun
    CMDRCalhoun Guest

Hi since 19/04/2022 I have been unable to play any games launched through the Xbox app, I have Gamepass Ultimate, I have attempted many different solutions by updating and rolling back drivers but currently, nothing I have tried has worked. I have also ran windbg to try to determine what the issue is here is the memory dump after the latest crash:

:)

CMDRCalhoun, Apr 20, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey CMDRCalhoun, how are you today, hope you're well.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  3. TristanBaker Win User

BSOD When installing Xbox App games

I know what a BSOD is thanks...And how am I to screenshot when it crashes my pc? its a BSOD not a simple error. Im not going to force my pc into another one thanks. It is not a hardware fault as it only happens when I try to download something from the xbox app, nothing else causes a BSOD. Im very sure my hardware is fine, I know my pc. Its on the Xbox side.
  4. MancSoulja Win User

xbox game pass for pc causing BSOD

Same issue here, it started when using Norton to scan Xbox Game Pass folders would cause a BSOD, now just launching some Game Pass games will cause BSODs.
  5. joe76854 Win User

BSOD when I try to launch games from Xbox app

I realised that I put the game folder exclusion into the wrong section of my anti-virus, and now it's working, no bsod.

Thanks for your help!

I just hope MS find a solution to this soon.
  6. OneLittleWolf Win User

BSOD when I try to launch games from Xbox app

I guess I'll just wait for a solution then. I feel great knowing I'm wasting my 1euro/month time for this.

A bit of testing with apps that are used by most people might be useful in the future...

Having all anti virus users unable to use your app seems a bit unwise.
    So you don't need to completely disable your AV app. Just exclude, from real-time scanning, the root folder of where you have got your Xbox games installed.
Thema:

1. PC BSOD when trying to launch games through the Xbox app - Similar Threads - BSOD trying launch

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  4. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  5. Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague

in XBoX on Windows
    Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague: Hello, I recently factory reset my computer to absolve issues with games crashing, and I thought that I had identified the problem as a faulty RAM stick which was removed. It seems as though I...
  6. Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast: I am trying to connect an Xbox 1 controller to my windows computer, and each time it does a bluescreen with the error message IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I saw this question elsewhere stating that...
  7. LiveKernelEvent 124- BSOD's with games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LiveKernelEvent 124- BSOD's with games.: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b8of7msaogbtzdoociafm/DUMP-PSU.zip?rlkey=o2yinmycczs799rf21tmedjzg&dl=0 Attached DMP files from last 4 BSOD's. MB: msi b450m-a pro CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x GPU RXT 3060...
  8. bsod because of riot games valorant vanguard

in XBoX on Consoles
    bsod because of riot games valorant vanguard: so recently i had gotten a few viruses on my pc but then I cleared it and fully reformatted and after this, when the vanguard anti cheat for the game valorant opens, it causes my entire pc to...
  9. I'm trying to open Fortnite yet every time I do, I get a Bsod. Any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to open Fortnite yet every time I do, I get a Bsod. Any fixes?: I ran blue screen viewer, it tells me that my HIDCLASS.SYS, and ntoskrnl.exe are problems. I have reinstalled windows, recently updated drivers, and because of my friend have done everything we...
  10. I get a BSOD while I'm trying to load on the server in game Rust

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get a BSOD while I'm trying to load on the server in game Rust: Everything on my pc works fine, except one game called Rust. When I'm trying to load on the server a BSOD ocurrs(the image remains, i can't move a cursor). then i need to restart my PC. Any...