PC Audio Quiet when using Xbox Game Bar Party chat

Discus and support PC Audio Quiet when using Xbox Game Bar Party chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I use the Xbox game bar for party chat with friends, it makes all the audio on my PC ridiculously quiet for no reason. Anyone know how to make it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Evan_D, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Evan_D
    Evan_D Guest

When I use the Xbox game bar for party chat with friends, it makes all the audio on my PC ridiculously quiet for no reason. Anyone know how to make it stop doing this?

:)

Evan_D, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Evan welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Let's try to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter:

Click the Cortana button to open Windows 10’s search box.

Enter the keyword troubleshooter in the search box.

Click Troubleshoot to open the Settings window as shown directly below.

Select the listed Playing Audio troubleshooter and press the Run the troubleshooter button to open the window shown below.

Then the troubleshooter might detect and fix the audio issue. If the troubleshooter fixes something, you might also need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

Hi Gen,

Thanks for your reply. Have you already attempted to use Xbox Game Bar on your pc for party chat? If you are using a PC during your streaming session this may be the best way for you to control your audio.
  4. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  5. TimC3044 Win User

XBOX PC Party Chat issue

Finally, a post that I can relate to. I feel your pain and feel the pain of the PC Friend in a very frustrated way.

I recently switched from playing games like COD Modern Warfare and Warzone on Xbox One to playing these same games on my gaming pc (still using my xbox one controller and the xbox game bar for party chat - basically, I'm the PC Friend in your scenario).

I've spent numerous hours looking for ways to fix the issue you mentioned because it seems like even though I am using a pc with Windows 10 (that comes installed with the Xbox One Companion App and Xbox Game Bar) and assuming that such a transition from console
    to pc would be simple. Well, as you outlined, something is "messed up" and causing all types of issues relating to the xbox party chat.

I can't seem to understand if Xbox/Windows are made to seem so easily compatible why, now that I'm on pc using the pc ways to continue using xbox party chat, why such an assumption seems idiotic now. I have joined/created party chats through the xbox game bar
    on pc and experienced:

-perfectly fine audio to begin but at some point, as Horr1ble253 mentions, I lose all audio to and from the console people in the party

-I have to mute my mic (in-game/not related to the party chat) because it's as if two streams of audio output have been created (this would make sense but if for example, my xbox live account is connected to my battle.net/activision accounts/Warzone game on
    pc shouldn't some sort of priority communicate between the game/windows 10/xbox party chat on pc so that the party chat works correctly/doesn't interfere with EVERYTHING?

-In addition to issues with the party itself, any time I go from standard "game chat" to "party chat" it seems to drastically impact the performance and ability of my pc to efficiently run the game I'm playing. It's almost like xbox party chat is now off
    limits because I am on pc, they are on console and even though there is some sort of compatibility with windows 10 and xbox software, it doesn't work as advertised with games such as Modern Warfare or Warzone.

My thoughts on other options:

-If I join a xbox party through my xbox mobile app, I could have full function of the party chat (change volume, etc) without interference. My phone isn't the same as being on console yet there are not any issues with connection/completely losing audio between
    party members. So do I solve the problem by running some sort of air pods/iphone ear buds from my phone that will then be inside of the ear coverings for my gaming headset? I have a hard time believing this is the only solution (it shouldn't even be considered
    a solution because of what Windows/Xbox claim to have created to essentially allow pc and console players to play together.

-Maybe try to use the Xbox Adapter for Windows 10 (USB) to connect my wireless headset to my pc. Maybe the signals get crossed and messed up with something like Bluetooth on my pc. Either way, it's annoying and it shouldn't be this difficult to find a simple
    solution when xbox/microsoft paint a picture of being able to "play anywhere on any device"
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
Thema:

1. PC Audio Quiet when using Xbox Game Bar Party chat - Similar Threads - Audio Quiet using

2. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  3. Audio super quiet on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio super quiet on Xbox one: My Xbox is super quiet and every time I try to turn up the sound through the volume menu it’s all greyed out and says “use your headset or other device to change the volume”. I have a turtlebeach...
  4. Xbox Game Bar quiet audio and clipping issue on Valorant.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar quiet audio and clipping issue on Valorant.: When I record clips of games the audio is basically unhearable on video even when recording with max volume. The second problem is Valorant which I select mark as a game to clip but it resets...
  5. Audio Generally Quiet Series X Alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Generally Quiet Series X Alpha skip ahead: Is it just me or is the audio of menus and games and such generally quiet on all formats. I use dolby atmos and i noticed switching between the other formats doesn't help. But if i go to Dolby's...
  6. Headset Audio very quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio very quiet: When I first got my headset 4 days ago it was very loud which helped my gameplay, now I can hear a pin drop whenever I use it, how do I fix this? 340e14a7-b00e-46c8-9563-28b90013744b
  7. Xbox Gamebar Capturing makes the audio SUPER QUIET

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar Capturing makes the audio SUPER QUIET: In the options area, you can set the capturing to record all audio right? That way, you can record what you and your friends say to each other while playing a game or whatever background audio you...
  8. Xbox Game Bar "Record the last 30 seconds" option makes all audio but voice extremely quiet

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar "Record the last 30 seconds" option makes all audio but voice extremely quiet: I find myself using the "record the last 30 seconds" option more often, but when I watch the recordings, I find one thing that bugs me. All the game audio has gone almost inaudible. Sounds that...
  9. Xbox One, Audio is too quiet, any fixes,?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One, Audio is too quiet, any fixes,?: [IMG] submitted by /u/gyro4 [link] [comments]
  10. Party audio quiet but I have volume to the max

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party audio quiet but I have volume to the max: My party audio is very quiet but my mixer is fully to the party and my audio is to the max b91f7d20-380c-482c-9719-d87d55a02235