Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x

Discus and support Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got my xbox series x, I have a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 headset that I've been using on my previous Xbox one s. I have paired it with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bex Venton, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Bex Venton
    Bex Venton Guest

I recently got my xbox series x, I have a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 headset that I've been using on my previous Xbox one s. I have paired it with my xbox x but the volume for party and game audio is maxed out, the control functions on my headset aren't working and the audio settings on the party are greyed out. I can change the party audio by clicking on the person's name and adjusting it but I can't change the game audio, it's stuck on max. Any help with this issue please? It's impossible to game socially as the game volume is deafingly loud!

Thank you

:)

Bex Venton, Nov 28, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Bex V, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If the audio mixer settings on your Xbox Series X are greyed out, and you're unable to adjust the game audio volume while using your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure that your Turtle Beach headset is running the latest firmware version. Visit Turtle Beach's official website and download any available firmware updates specifically designed for your headset model. Follow the provided instructions to update the firmware.

2. Confirm that your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset is fully compatible with the Xbox Series X. While the headset may have worked fine with your previous Xbox One S, it's essential to verify its compatibility with the newer console. Check Turtle Beach's website or contact their support to confirm compatibility.

3. Perform a full power cycle of your Xbox Series X. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Afterward, unplug the power cord from the back of the console, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cord and turn on the Xbox again. This can help clear any temporary software glitches.

4. On your Xbox Series X, go to the Settings menu. Navigate to "General" > "Volume & audio output." Check the audio settings and ensure that the correct audio output device (your Turtle Beach headset) is selected. Make any necessary adjustments to the audio settings, such as enabling or disabling features like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos.

5. In the Xbox settings, go to "General" > "Volume & audio output" > "Headset audio." From there, select "Reset headset audio options" to reset the audio settings specific to your headset. This can help resolve any conflicting settings that may be causing the issue.

6. If you're using a wireless Xbox controller with your headset, make sure it has the latest firmware version. Connect the controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and follow the on-screen prompts to update the controller's firmware.

7. If possible, test your Xbox Series X with a different headset to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the headset or the console itself. If the audio mixer settings work fine with another headset, it suggests an issue with your Turtle Beach headset.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Frathos Win User

Beeping sound on headset

Are you using the chat mixer to change the balance between party and game chat audio? That function makes a beep when you max out the mixer function to all game or all party chat audio.
  4. Isabella1011 Win User

Headset chat mixer not working

Sorry it took so long to reply but in the mean time I did all the steps in the link provided and the headset chat mixer is still greyed out

As for the questions the problem started 3 days ago, the chat mixer was working before, no changes were made prior to the issue, and I am using the Xbox series x
  5. SgS_x_Viper Win User

Can’t hear ingame chat on twitch stream

this feature have been added to Mixer, but not sure about Twitch
    Mixer only has a setting to include xbox party chat audio on stream, not game chat audio
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Why can I hear audio through an older Xbox controller but not my Xbox One X Controller?

With the headset and adapter plugged into the controller that came with your Xbox One X, try going into the audio settings in the guide. There should be in the middle that's called "chat mixer."

If you move the slider all the way to the left, then you should get only the audio from the game. All the way to the right is for chat / party.

If the "chat mixer" option isn't there, then I can only assume it's a hardware issue.
Thema:

1. Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x - Similar Threads - Party game audio

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  4. how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?: Whenever i stream i cant hear my game or party audio on my stream and ive tried everything that youtube and tiktok have said and it still doesnt work 499206f1-f0bc-4723-b6c6-c848154e8d30
  5. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  6. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  7. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...
  8. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work: xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it...
  9. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  10. Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party: So basically, when I join an Xbox game bar party, my audio in a game or another application is distorted. This audio distortion also happens when I launch specific games like sea of thieves and...