party chat on xbox app on pc

Discus and support party chat on xbox app on pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am using xbox on windows 10 on my pc and it wont detect my microphone. I have gone into the settings and allowed xbox access to my mic but when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SamBrown9, Oct 13, 2018.

1. SamBrown9
    SamBrown9 Guest

I am using xbox on windows 10 on my pc and it wont detect my microphone.

I have gone into the settings and allowed xbox access to my mic but when i start or join a party it still wont detect my mic. it just says mic not detected over my name in the party.

any help would be greatparty chat on xbox app on pc :)

:)

SamBrown9, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Pokepunch
    Pokepunch Guest
    Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.

Pokepunch, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Olly C
    Olly C Guest
    Astro Headsets A30/A40/A50 , the New Headset Adapter with Surround Sound

Thought I'd post another work around for this issue that I've just come across..

For this you will need to have a Windows 10 PC or Laptop nearby but with this setup you won't need a chat cable from the controller to the MixAmp which I felt was a good positive.

Basically I've connected the MixAmp Pro to my Windows 10 PC via the USB power supply, then connected the optical cable to the Xbox One as usual, on the PC launch the Xbox App and then invite friends to Party via the App (invites go to their Xbox) once in the party you can do everything as normal having Dolby Digital sound from your Xbox One to the headset as well as the Xbox Party Chat with no cable to the controller.

Obviously using this method on the PC you could also use Discord/Skype chat if you prefer but if your friends just use Xbox Party Chat then this is a solution I hadn't previously thought of.

Hopefully someone else will find it helpful too party chat on xbox app on pc :)

Olly C, Oct 13, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Sam thanks for bringing this issue to us! We suggest to make sure the
    Controller is Up to date
    first. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes and to see if we can further assist in this or any other issue or inquiry!

XBF Nestor S, Oct 13, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: