Party Chat - Friends getting feedback echo of themselves. Arctis 5 Headset

Discus and support Party Chat - Friends getting feedback echo of themselves. Arctis 5 Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm really hopeful there is help here ! When using my Xbox One X, setting up a party my friends are hearing themselves when they speak. This happens... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobPhoboS, Feb 19, 2018.

1. RobPhoboS
    RobPhoboS Guest

I'm really hopeful there is help here !

When using my Xbox One X, setting up a party my friends are hearing themselves when they speak.

This happens when I use my official wireless controller, as well as a licenced wired controller, as well as using another basic earphone/mic from my phone.

I've seen suggestions on a few forums for different headsets that face the same problem. They suggest turning the 'party chat output' audio from Headset to Speakers, then turning HDMI off in the audio section. Sadly with my AV receiver it won't allow me
    to turn off the HDMI audio (1X to AV to TV).

I've tried the 4 settings in the Chat Mixer, to no avail.

The last thing I can think of is buying the official Stereo Headset Adapter ?

Many thanks for any help on this !

:)

RobPhoboS, Feb 19, 2018
  2. Getting an Echo in Voice Chat when playing with my friend

i had this problem on astro headsets (a50) using the normal ms stereo chat adapter, if you want the echo to disappear you have to turn the master volume on the chat adapter down a few notches its best if you have one friend in the party give you feedback
    if he is hearing a echo or not or u monitor your chat circle if its lighting up when some of your mates are talking that means the echo is still there. when you have turned the master volume down to a certain degree the cho will disappear. and you can chat
    normally.

MadCheese1337, Feb 19, 2018
  3. Echo on xbox one

I have an echo on xbox one in party chat. equal what headset is in use all persons have an echo. Astro a50 also the original microsoft mono headset.

what can i do?

X Punisher Moon, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Mic might be faulty. The default mics have a tendency sometimes to do that.

5. Geth Win User

Mic might be faulty. The default mics have a tendency sometimes to do that.
  6. DangL-E688242F-BADB- Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Issue

UPDATE: It would actually appear that the experience doesn't yield my voice echoing but it causes echoing for the other game or party chat members. The game or party chat members also hear clicking and distorted/static sounds.

However, I cannot hear the echoing only the people in party and game chat hear themselves, only the clicking/static sounds.

* Is this what others are experiencing?

I have tested with both a USB cable (not the play and charge), a 10 foot USB cable from BestBuy and double A batteries. The test also yields the same experience.

I've read that others are having issues with the same static, clicking sounds I am hearing with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapters.

Interested in some feedback on fixing or resolving. Can I get a replacement Stereo Headset Adapter?

Regards,

DangL
  7. Patriot0589 Win User

Why is my headset causing friends to hear a echo while it's muted?

Yes I have tried 3 different controllers and even purchased a new headset. My headset still causes a echo in party chat even with the physical mute button toggled on. Friends can't hear me speak, but can all hear themselves echo coming from my headset. I have also updated the controllers with the headset plugged in. I've read somewhere that it could be caused by an issue with my router/firewall settings, but can't find anything to indicate what settings might be causing it.
  8. MadCheese1337 Win User

Getting an Echo in Voice Chat when playing with my friend

i had this problem on astro headsets (a50) using the normal ms stereo chat adapter, if you want the echo to disappear you have to turn the master volume on the chat adapter down a few notches its best if you have one friend in the party give you feedback
    if he is hearing a echo or not or u monitor your chat circle if its lighting up when some of your mates are talking that means the echo is still there. when you have turned the master volume down to a certain degree the cho will disappear. and you can chat
    normally.
  9. soccerp1ay3r Win User

Echoing problem while voice chatting with friends.

zombiecreed799,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Personally, I have experienced issues with my friends being able to hear themselves echo through my headset. Although I have a different headset (Polk 4shot), it may be a similar issue.

I've found that it only happens when I have the chat volume turned up too loud on my headset. When I turn the chat (and overall) volume down enough my friends can no longer hear themselves. You can try slowly turning it down while asking your friends to
    keep talking and let you know when they can no longer hear themselves echoing.

Let me know if this works for you!
Thema:

1. Party Chat - Friends getting feedback echo of themselves. Arctis 5 Headset - Similar Threads - Party Chat Friends

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  4. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  5. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  6. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  7. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  8. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  9. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  10. I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat: I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat 0087e138-89a6-4a3e-9833-b9272f4197fe