Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

Discus and support Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I will try to word this as best as possible without it being confusing. Xbox Streaming Setup - I use an Xbox one and a PC to stream my Xbox gameplay... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by GenLeavy, Mar 2, 2022.

1. GenLeavy
    GenLeavy Guest

Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

I will try to word this as best as possible without it being confusing.

Xbox Streaming Setup -

I use an Xbox one and a PC to stream my Xbox gameplay to OBS via the console companion app.

However, I always find that my party chat audio is too low, I can turn it up in the "OBS Desktop Audio" setting, which seems to increase game and party chat audio. But in order for OBS to pickup the game and party chat audio, I need to it be playing out of my monitor speakers.

If I have this too loud, then there is an echo on stream, as the audio coming from the monitors is replayed through my USB microphone. Is there any way that I can increase the audio without having to increase it through my monitor too?

My Xbox controller is connected to my Xbox, with earphones I use to speak to party chat. I have a USB mic that I use to talk to people in chat.

If you have any questions about the setup or any vital information I have missed out, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

GenLeavy, Mar 2, 2022
  2. GenLeavy Win User

Yes I am using the original Xbox one, the earphones that I am using do not have volume control directly, it's actually the controller that I use ( Power A fusion Pro 2) that has a mute a and volume control function on it.

Thanks for your reply Spartan! Hope this helps!
  3. Nursemorph Win User

I will try to word this as best as possible without it being confusing.

Xbox Streaming Setup -

I use an Xbox one and a PC to stream my Xbox gameplay to OBS via the console companion app.

However, I always find that my party chat audio is too low, I can turn it up in the "OBS Desktop Audio" setting, which seems to increase game and party chat audio. But in order for OBS to pickup the game and party chat audio, I need to it be playing out of my monitor speakers.

If I have this too loud, then there is an echo on stream, as the audio coming from the monitors is replayed through my USB microphone. Is there any way that I can increase the audio without having to increase it through my monitor too?

My Xbox controller is connected to my Xbox, with earphones I use to speak to party chat. I have a USB mic that I use to talk to people in chat.

If you have any questions about the setup or any vital information I have missed out, please let me know. Thanks.
    Don't know for sure as it's been a long time since I had a monitor with built-in speakers (and don't know your make and model) but can you not mute the monitor's speakers? OBS doesn't actually need the speakers to be outputting anything, just setup so they will output if on....when I stream, I have my audio going through a stereo and, once I am satisfied the audio is right, I turn the stero off.
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Gen,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums and thank you for the detailed info. Is your console and original Xbox One? Also do the headphones that you are using have built-in volume control?
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Gen,

Thanks for your reply. Have you already attempted to use Xbox Game Bar on your pc for party chat? If you are using a PC during your streaming session this may be the best way for you to control your audio.
  6. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
Thema:

1. Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app - Similar Threads - Party Chat audio

2. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  3. Add Voice chat and party audio to clips and captures!! (UPVOTE SO THIS WILL BE SEEN)

in XboX Insiders
    Add Voice chat and party audio to clips and captures!! (UPVOTE SO THIS WILL BE SEEN): Can you please add voice party chat audio to clips on xbox? I want to be able to clip the moments when my friends and I say something funny. Playstation has it so i might as well move to ps......
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  6. No party chat audio in cross-play?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No party chat audio in cross-play?: Why when I cross-play Fortnite while streaming on Twitch, nobody can hear party chat? They only hear me. I've done every privacy setting I was told to do but it still does not work....
  7. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  8. Party chat audio but no other audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat audio but no other audio: I have a Xbox one with a wireless controller and use a stereo headset adapter for my headset and I can only hear party chat audio with them on and no other audio after using Fortnites party voice...
  9. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...
  10. How do I make fame and system audio only go trough my TV, and how to make party chat only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I make fame and system audio only go trough my TV, and how to make party chat only...: An experiencing an issue where her the TV audio is coming through my headset and the HDMI and optical audio settings are blocked out and set to headset format. My audio still comes from my tv, but...