Party Chat Audio Issues

Discus and support Party Chat Audio Issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Party Chat is having a glitch. Me and my friends have been having issues with speaking to each other when we join one anothers partys. I can clearly... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DolphinParadox, May 27, 2018.

1. Party Chat Audio Issues

Party Chat is having a glitch. Me and my friends have been having issues with speaking to each other when we join one anothers partys. I can clearly hear my friend while they can't hear me but when we switch to Game Chat it is resolved. please look into
    this to see what ya'll can do about it, thanks!

:)

DolphinParadox, May 27, 2018
  2. TheRoosterK
    TheRoosterK Guest
    Audio Issues in Party Chat

I cant say I have found this exact situation in any of the other posts on there (or in other forum communities for that matter).

In party chats, no other user can hear any audio from my end...the overlay shows I am talking, the ring around my user name lights up as green, so the xbox is at least registering things, and I can hear the feedback from my breathing, etc in my headphones,
    so it isnt a mic/user error issue either.

I did the hard restart (powercycle) as well as resetting my router. NAT was open, as was the same for all of the user within my party chat. Still the same issue was occuring.

I purchased a new headset/mic and still the issue persisted.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on/what I can do to fix things?

TheRoosterK, May 27, 2018
  3. Internet Expert, May 27, 2018
  4. CyTeK1978 Win User

X Box One Headset

maybe some Settings for Audio, Party Chat and or Changed the Output to HDMi or something else. Check the Audio Settings on Xbox and the Party+ Output Settings. i also had such an issue and it was the HDMI Audio Setting for me.
  5. Term Royal Win User

Party chat audio issue!

You have to change your default playback device to your headphone speakers rather than your PC's speakers. You can change this by right-clicking the speaker icon in your system tray and clicking playback devices. However, I think the game volume will also
    come through your headset if that's a problem.
  6. Filip KK Win User

Audio Party Chat Issues

Try hard resetting your console.

Hold the power button on the front of the console down for 10 seconds, releasing it only after the device shuts down. Disconnect the power cable
    and wait for an additional 10 seconds, then reconnect the power and turn the console back on.
  7. Pioneer2TheFall Win User

Losing chat audio when the party app is unsnapped.

I am having the same issue where party chat audio only functions when the party app is snapped.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

No sound on my headset

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. There is an audio setting called chat mixer which balances the party chat volume with the rest of the volume on the console. The article entitled

Troubleshoot Audio Problems in Parties on Xbox One
    explains how to adjust the chat mixer. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

Party Chat Audio Issues

1. Party Chat Audio Issues - Similar Threads - Party Chat Audio

2. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  3. Add Voice chat and party audio to clips and captures!! (UPVOTE SO THIS WILL BE SEEN)

in XboX Insiders
    Add Voice chat and party audio to clips and captures!! (UPVOTE SO THIS WILL BE SEEN): Can you please add voice party chat audio to clips on xbox? I want to be able to clip the moments when my friends and I say something funny. Playstation has it so i might as well move to ps......
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  6. No party chat audio in cross-play?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No party chat audio in cross-play?: Why when I cross-play Fortnite while streaming on Twitch, nobody can hear party chat? They only hear me. I've done every privacy setting I was told to do but it still does not work....
  7. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  8. Party chat audio but no other audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat audio but no other audio: I have a Xbox one with a wireless controller and use a stereo headset adapter for my headset and I can only hear party chat audio with them on and no other audio after using Fortnites party voice...
  9. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...
  10. How do I make fame and system audio only go trough my TV, and how to make party chat only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I make fame and system audio only go trough my TV, and how to make party chat only...: An experiencing an issue where her the TV audio is coming through my headset and the HDMI and optical audio settings are blocked out and set to headset format. My audio still comes from my tv, but...