Partial account closure

Discus and support Partial account closure in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, How do I close a personal account without it affecting my work account both have the same email adress. The personal one was created when I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Owen V1, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Owen V1
    Owen V1 Guest

Partial account closure

Hello, How do I close a personal account without it affecting my work account both have the same email adress. The personal one was created when I had an xbox and I no longer need it.

:)

Owen V1, Dec 12, 2023
  2. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

As stated above, a profile can not be deleted, and there is really no legitimate reason to delete/close an account. You do have the option to close an account by following the steps below though.

Go to http://account.live.com/ and sign in to the account you wish to close.

Click on "Security and Privacy"

Click on "More Security Settings" under
    Account Security

NOTE: You may need to verify you are the account holder when you click on "More Security Settings" do to the security features on accounts.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Close my account"

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN CLOSING AN ACCOUNT

Ensure that you cancel your subscription if you have one active.

Ensure that all currency on the account has been spent.

All gamerscore/achievements, and anything left on the account is forfeit.

You have 60 days to change your mind once an account is marked for closure.

This does NOT delete your Xbox Profile. It will just make it so it can not be logged into.

If you change your mind after the 60 day perimeter time limit is up, to re-open the account, you will have to contact Xbox Support and your issue will have to be escalated to Tier 3 support, and there is NO promises
    that Tier 3 will even be able to recover the account.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
  3. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

Absolutely! We love to make things as effortless as possible and give you plenty of options to go with!

Here is a link to an article that will walk you step by step on how to move a Gamertag to another Microsoft Account.

Move Your Gamertag To Another Microsoft Account

If you receive any error messages following that article, be sure to go back and make sure those conditions apply to the Target and current account listed in the article. There are also SEVERAL articles listed at the bottom of that page if you run in to any
    issues, or you can post back here if you run into problems.

Cheers!
  4. SMHH42 Win User

Account Closure

Alright, so, my main issue is that I'd like to move THIS gamertag to another Microsoft account, (the one I use for my laptop, tablet, etc.) which has a different gamertag associated with it; so, i figured my easiest solution would be to delete that gamertag.
    Guess that one wont work! Do I have any other options? Haha

Thanks!
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Account Closure

SMHH42,

Gamertags cannot be deleted. The gamertag can be changed to something else so that another gamertag is tied to the account, which would then free up the previous gamertag to move to a different Microsoft account. Can you provide the support link which states
    otherwise for clarification? Thanks in advance,
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Microsoft account closure

Hey rey

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
Thema:

Partial account closure

1. Partial account closure - Similar Threads - Partial account closure

2. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  3. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  4. CEC partially stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    CEC partially stopped working?: I have a Series X plugged into an Onkyo Tx-Nr7100 that is then plugged into my TV, a Vizio P65-F1. Everything was perfect until about two weeks ago when CEC will no longer turn on the AVR and TV...
  5. XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working: I recently purchased an XBOX series X. I never had issues with HDMI CEC with any of my other devices from other manufacturers, they turn the television on and off when they need to. However, the...
  6. Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset: I was having issues with being signed in and being connected to the internet at the same time so after looking at some answers on here I did a reset that kept my games and apps. Now when I try and...
  7. Why did I get a partial refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get a partial refund: I had accidentally baught a game and I refunded it but I got a partial refund is that normal? ab206928-3573-462a-9ae2-284ccabb97f5
  8. Controller loses partial function - how to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller loses partial function - how to fix?: A few days ago, I turned on my Xbox Series X controller and console, only to find that the controller had partially lost function. The only inputs that functioned were the two triggers, the left...
  9. Failed syncing caused partial reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed syncing caused partial reset: Hello, my minecraft Xbox one has partially reset where I have lost at least half of my in game progress thus far. I believe what happened was on my console when I go to save and exit it gives me a...
  10. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment: Hello all. I have a question i'm not sure if this has been asked before but. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment for purchases on the xbox microsoft console store...