parental controls. game purchased on my account.

Discus and support parental controls. game purchased on my account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jeffery gilchriest, Jan 12, 2024.

1. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it and we want to limit his screen time via parental controls. I run into issues with setting up the xbox to login to the account that I made for him. The game becomes unavailable because his account didn't purchase it. I have tried a variety of methods. Thank you for your time.

:)

jeffery gilchriest, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Mister Cerb Win User

Unable to download due to age restrictions

Hey there Gavva! This is probably due to your age restrictions set up on your child account by the parent account. You will need to give your account permissions to purchase game content. Here's a guide to parental controls, if you need it:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jeffery, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure to make your XBOX the home console of your account.

Take a look here for a detailed guide: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.

Let me know if it works!
  4. MicheIIe Fury Win User

Hey Jeffery

I run into that problem sometimes as well because i used to share my brothers account years ago, one work around that i found was to log in the account that has the game purchased and then switch to the other account (while the other is still logged in) if it's all on one Xbox.

Hope this works for you
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

nokia lumia marketplace

Hey there Club! If your account a child account? Sounds like you'll need to promote your account to an adult account or adjust your parental settings so that your account is allowed to purchase on the marketplace. Here's a guide on parental controls if you
    need it:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Plz help me!

Hey there Pie!

It sounds like he's being blocked from purchasing content by a parental control to me. I would suggest taking a look at this page (support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control)
    and then take a look at the parental controls placed on your son's account and see if that's blocking him from being able to purchase DLC and such.
Thema:

1. parental controls. game purchased on my account. - Similar Threads - parental controls game

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  4. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  5. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  6. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  7. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  8. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  9. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  10. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1