Parent Security Lock

Discus and support Parent Security Lock in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have an Xbox One and I set up a main account with parental restriction on it. However, when signed out of this account with any other account,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AbbeyField, May 20, 2016.

1. AbbeyField
    AbbeyField Guest

Parent Security Lock

Hi. I have an Xbox One and I set up a main account with parental restriction on it. However, when signed out of this account with any other account, these restriction no longer apply. How do I set up 'general' restriction so no matter what or how many other
    accounts you put onto the Xbox, you will always need to enter a passkey to play games above a certain age limit? Thanks in advance. Any help appreciated.

:)

AbbeyField, May 20, 2016
  2. Parental control

The only way to remove the parental lock is by knowing the pass code, answering the security question if you forgot the pass code, or have the parent call
    Microsoft Phone Support.

eG x Thee Elf, May 20, 2016
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Parent Security Lock

This is the best guide I could find regarding parental control:

1. Firstly, make sure that your child already has a Microsoft account.

2. Add user to family. Once you're ready, venture to the home screen on your Xbox One, and make sure you're signed in as yourself (not your child).

From here, click on Manage games and apps.

Select Settings.

Scroll over to Family, and select Add to Family.

Click on your child's account (or Add New if he or she isn't already registered on your device).

3. Accept Microsoft's privacy statement. On the next screen, click Next to continue, or Privacy Statement if you want more information about Microsoft's privacy policies.

4. Set parental controls. There are three types of content restrictions: Access to content and apps, Web filtering and descriptions in OneGuide.

Under Access to content and apps, you can choose Child Defaults, Teen Defaults, Adult Defaults or Custom.

Clicking Custom will offer different options, and you'll have to scroll to the right to see them all. There are too many possible protocols to list here, but you'll be able to control whether your kids can purchase content, use Skype, access social networks
    or share their information with friends or random players online.

M3tal Daz3, May 20, 2016
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Parent Security Lock

This is the best guide I could find regarding parental control:

1. Firstly, make sure that your child already has a Microsoft account.

2. Add user to family. Once you're ready, venture to the home screen on your Xbox One, and make sure you're signed in as yourself (not your child).

From here, click on Manage games and apps.

Select Settings.

Scroll over to Family, and select Add to Family.

Click on your child's account (or Add New if he or she isn't already registered on your device).

3. Accept Microsoft's privacy statement. On the next screen, click Next to continue, or Privacy Statement if you want more information about Microsoft's privacy policies.

4. Set parental controls. There are three types of content restrictions: Access to content and apps, Web filtering and descriptions in OneGuide.

Under Access to content and apps, you can choose Child Defaults, Teen Defaults, Adult Defaults or Custom.

Clicking Custom will offer different options, and you'll have to scroll to the right to see them all. There are too many possible protocols to list here, but you'll be able to control whether your kids can purchase content, use Skype, access social networks
    or share their information with friends or random players online.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Parental control

The only way to remove the parental lock is by knowing the pass code, answering the security question if you forgot the pass code, or have the parent call
    Microsoft Phone Support.
  7. Mister Getafix Win User

control parental

8. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX 360 Konto (Mod Translation: XBOX 360 Account)

9. Arminator Win User

need advice

That means your console has parental restrictions in place. Maybe your parents set the console up, so you can't play games that are unsuitable for children or something like that.

If your parents didn't set up a parental family lock, then an adult can reset the code on the console following

the instructions linked here
Thema:

Parent Security Lock

1. Parent Security Lock - Similar Threads - Parent Security Lock

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  4. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  7. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  8. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  9. How do I get my parent approved game to download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my parent approved game to download?: I bought a game called BattleBlock Theater to play, it was approved by my dad and bought and all it says is “working on it” it’s been two hours and hasn’t been download or anything, what do I do?...
  10. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7