Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games

Discus and support Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to download any game from the Xbox App on PC, and after being stuck at 0b/s for about 5 minutes, it goes on to download at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Abraxus Lichty, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games

Hello,
    I've been trying to download any game from the Xbox App on PC, and after being stuck at 0b/s for about 5 minutes, it goes on to download at speeds that shouldn't be happening, (ex. 3mb/s and dipping down to as low as 0). I have tried using other apps like steam and my download speeds work completely fine.

On my internet, I get around 500mb/s Download and 40mb/s Upload.

I have also tried stuff like turning delivery optimization on and off, flushing the dns, net winsock reset, reparing, reinstalling and updating Windows. None of these have seemed to help, even a little. I'm not sure what else I can do, and it's getting frustrating as this hasn't been the only time the Xbox App, and only the Xbox App, has encountered this issue. And back when they did happen, I tried the stuff I had just done now, but for some reason, it worked back then and not anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Abraxus Lichty, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Let's do our best to get this sorted out.

It looks like you've mostly tried all the troubleshooting steps that could fix the issue.
    Have you already tried to repair & reset your Microsoft Store and Xbox app?

Also, to further isolate the issue, I would recommend that you use or connect to a different network source. You could use a different router/modem or use your mobile data hotspot.

Best regards,
  3. Dave Schmackos Win User

I was able to play game on the xbox one and none since

Thank you for the replies I have been able to install and play all my games by installating them not connected to Xbox Live

The installation and update are painfully slow but hopefully they will become faster soon
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Painfully slow doanload speed on the PC xbox app

Hi. My name is Brilliant, and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

Game/apps downloads painfully slow

on wifi it can beeeee soo much, to many people on your wifi channel

on wifi and lan, it can be sooo much, servers from the game, microsoft, your isp and and.

is it the same when using wifi and/or lan ?
  6. ReCoMbInAnT Win User

Game/apps downloads painfully slow

Thema:

1. Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games - Similar Threads - Painfully Slow app

2. Painfully slow doanload speed on the PC xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Painfully slow doanload speed on the PC xbox app: Iv tried everything from reinstalling the app to the netsh and ipconfig resets and every other tip to increase the download speed but nothing works, is there anything else i can do and why is this...
  3. Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions: I've had it with Microsoft. I've switched to iOS years ago and I've lost touch with all the nuances it takes to navigate permissions and settings for gaming. I've got kids that want to play online...
  4. I'm having a very painful time with xbox design lab login, and microsft account management.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having a very painful time with xbox design lab login, and microsft account management.: Today I am trying to create a custom controller on the design lab, once I finish creating the controller I'm told I HAVE to sign in to purchase the controller, so I go and sign in but when I put...
  5. Xbox series x causing really bad eye pain

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x causing really bad eye pain: Had this issue since bought it In january. Been through pretty much all monitor setting combinations at point. I assume it is some technology that series x uses. I don't have this issue on pc or...
  6. Hand Pain And The Series X/S Controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hand Pain And The Series X/S Controller?: Has anyone else had this issue when using the Series X/S Controller? to me it seems smaller i never had these issues with the 360 and Xbox One Controllers f3c5d394-192e-4e30-8f93-5d3db8b8f0a8
  7. Is Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain going to be removed from the xbox digital store on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain going to be removed from the xbox digital store on...: Hello guys, I hope you're doing great. I've just found out that the servers for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain will shut down forever on May 31th 2022 for xbox 360 and PS3. However, I own an...
  8. elite pain with the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite pain with the elite series 2 controller: so i really really like this controller but I just got it back after the bumper stopped working annnd the right joystick has dirft. Before I sent this in for repair the joystick worked perfectly...
  9. Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.

in XboX Insiders
    Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.: Why they need to charge us with 9.99 dollars which is already a big money that i can't afford nor my country. They should change it give us freedom to change our gamertag freely without paying....
  10. Someone botted over 100,000k fake followers on my OG GAMERTAG Pain

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone botted over 100,000k fake followers on my OG GAMERTAG Pain: I am a content creator on YouTube that talks about your gamer tags on the Xbox consoles. I recently loaded up my discord server to over 500 different people telling me that my account has been...