Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

Discus and support Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Honestly Don'tKnow.., Jul 22, 2023.

1. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later

:)

Honestly Don'tKnow.., Jul 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your purchased gamer tag. I am here to help.

I understand that you are having problems with your newly purchased gamer tag. This issue can sometimes occur due to a delay in the Xbox Live Server updating your profile information. Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Sign out of your Xbox account and restart your console.

2. Sign in again and go to Settings > Personalization > My profile > Customize profile.

3. Select your gamertag and press A to edit it.

4. Confirm your gamertag and press B to save it.

5. Launch any game and check if your gamertag is updated.

You can also try to sign in to social.xbox.com to see if your gamer tag has been updated. If the old gamer tag is still showing up, try to proceed if you can change your gamer tag for free. Do not proceed if it will charge you.

If it doesn't work, please reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support as they have the tools and resources to access your account and possibly fix your gamer tag on their end. You can contact them through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/....
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

gamertag still hasn't changed

If the above doesn't help, delete your account, and download it. Make sure you know sign in info before performing this though
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there lNSP7RE,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for help resolving this problem. I split your comment from the thread that it was on so that we could give you the appropriate attention. I can totally understand how paying money just for it to stay the same could
    definitely be concerning. I suggest
    removing and redownloading
    the account if you haven't done so already.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Hi lNSP7RE,

There can sometimes be a slight delay in seeing your new gamertag change but if you follow the steps provided by 'XBA {Parity}' to power cycle your console that should help sort it out. If that doesn't fix the issue you could also try removing your profile
    from the console and downloading it again as that can usually help fix this issue. One more thing I would try if the above methods fail is to restart your Modem/router. Hope these suggestions work for you and if there is anything else you need to know don't
    hesitate to post to the forums and we will do our best to help you.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

1. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated - Similar Threads - Paid gamertag change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  5. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  6. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  7. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  8. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...