Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer

Discus and support Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought gamepass core and I cannot access online multiplayer despite it showing on my profile. ad7425e9-50ac-4625-a35c-ad87496936df Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sean Wegener, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Sean Wegener
    Sean Wegener Guest

I bought gamepass core and I cannot access online multiplayer despite it showing on my profile.

:)

Sean Wegener, Oct 29, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Sean! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox online multiplayer. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Since you have confirmed that the subscription is showing on your Xbox profile, kindly try to perform the following workarounds on your console:

Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account and check if you will be able to play your Xbox games online.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. ngocphi Win User

join console plan link doesn't work on Australian xbox game pass website

Are you sure ?

Gamepass for console doesn't include multiplayer

Gamepass core and ultimate do

If you plan on playing online you need gamepass and core if you want access to gamepass games and multiplayer

Though with the two plans it's more cost efficient ro do ultimate

Now if the core and multiplayer access is al you need then the 11.99 core plan will do with the limited 25 titles

I think you are confusing gamepass for pc for gamepass for console

Gamepass for pc doesn't have core requirements since core isn't needed for pc since you have multiple free services

But on console you onlyhave one therefore MUST HAVE core to play multiplayer and ultimate if gamepass games and cloud is needed
  4. bowski477 Win User

MW3 not working

Are you attempting to play regular multiplayer? Do you have gamepass core or ultimate? You need one of those to play online. Gamepass core is the equivalent of what Xbox Live Gold was.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

My feedback regarding Gold becoming Game Pass Core

the gold cards will probably work and just go on as gamepass core from september but not forever.

multiplayer should be free by now, it is stupid to charge for multiplayer access when 90% of the games online features are setup, run and paid for by the dev/publisher of the game.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Getting a join game pass prompt when launching owned fallout 76 on Xbox series x

It would.be the same view you would have to read all of it

Click read more or more.info

As you been told already you need core or ultimate to play it

Regardless of console as all consoles require a paid subscription for online only games

Horizon isn't online only it has a multiplayer component which needs gamepass if you want to play multiplayer but singleplayer or vs locally doesnt
Thema:

1. Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer - Similar Threads - Paid gamepass core

2. this month of may i was charged twice for the gamepass on the 2nd i paid it on the 23rd i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    this month of may i was charged twice for the gamepass on the 2nd i paid it on the 23rd i...: I paid on the 2nd of May and on the 23rd of May I paid again 6f1f0221-3851-4494-b60a-394cdea3a5f6
  3. Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...: So I bought a month of gamepass to try the mobile gaming and it's been awesome for two days. I just went to play again and I wasn't signed out or anything but it is saying I need to buy gamepass...
  4. My xbox has gamepass ultimate and won’t start up any games with gamepass. It’s already paid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox has gamepass ultimate and won’t start up any games with gamepass. It’s already paid...: I’ve been struggling for an hour eda9f1f2-18de-41e2-8dfc-8fbbb7f60ca7
  5. My gamepass is paid for but it won’t let me play the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamepass is paid for but it won’t let me play the games: My gamepass is paid for but it won’t let me play the games dc8aedd1-3817-42a2-904e-8f8d3a46d24a
  6. Forcing Users to Edit Registry to use Paid XBOX PC Gamepass Service?

in XBoX on Windows
    Forcing Users to Edit Registry to use Paid XBOX PC Gamepass Service?: I find it odd that, after paying $14.99 for the XBOX PC Gamepass - which theoretically allows one easy and quick access to a full library of top-tier game titles - that users are being forced to...
  7. I paid two times for Gamepass for PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid two times for Gamepass for PC.: I tried to buy gamepass but it gave an error. It tried to buy it again and it worked. But when i checked my account, I saw that i paid twice. e2999a1f-5f1f-4c51-8d1b-e505c3c11e2c
  8. how was my gamepass an EA acces paid ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how was my gamepass an EA acces paid ?: hi, 31.03.2020 my card expired for payment (auto-renew) gamepass and EA acces. I received a new card in 2 weeks. Access to gamepass + EA has been extended so that I have to pay later. A few...
  9. My account is paid and xbox won't let me play gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account is paid and xbox won't let me play gamepass games: My account is paid and I still can't play gamepass games. I can't get any help from Microsoft because there is no way to reach them. I have too much money tied up in this console for such poor...
  10. Payment issue with Gamepass, paid but dont have access

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Payment issue with Gamepass, paid but dont have access: Ok, usually im billed the 12th of the month, sadly had no money on my bank account earlier this month. Yesterday i got soe funds and this morning iw as automatically billed. As i boot the xbox...