Paid for game in app store but won't install

Discus and support Paid for game in app store but won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm completely new to the world of computer games. I paid for and downloaded a game in the app store. It is saying I own the game when I click on it in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RochelleAtkins, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Paid for game in app store but won't install

I'm completely new to the world of computer games. I paid for and downloaded a game in the app store. It is saying I own the game when I click on it in the app store, I can manage the game where it says app not installed. If I then go through and manage the app and click install it will change the screen to show it's gone into the que to install, the bar runs really quick as if it installs instantly but then nothing and it continuously shows as app not installed.... Am I doing something wrong

:)

RochelleAtkins, Aug 20, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi RochelleAtkins! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Which game is the one with this problem?

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox One console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Rochelle,

Keep in mind that there’s currently an outage affecting purchases and installing/playing games. You can sign up to be notified via Xbox message and/or text message as soon as the issues are resolved and back up and running at https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status or check @XboxSupport on Twitter for service alerts and updates.

Which Xbox console are you experiencing this error on - Xbox One or Series X|S? Please specify the exact model so we can point you in the right direction.

Can you post back with a clip of what happens for a better understanding and more insight? Do you encounter any error codes or messages? Are you able to install and launch other games and apps on the same console?

What game and have you made sure you purchased the correct version for your specific console? For example, many games are only compatible with the Series X|S consoles and so won’t work on Xbox One. Some new game releases also have separate versions that unfortunately don’t support Smart Delivery

Are you trying to install the game on an external hard drive or directly to the internal storage? And do you have sufficient storage for the game?

Even when it says you own the game, confirm that the game was successfully purchased on your account by going through your Order history, or by going to your owned games and apps section on your console.

Check your Xbox purchase history | Xbox Support

Verify you’re using the correct account and profile, then restart your console. Be sure to wait at least 10-15 seconds before reconnecting the power to completely reset the power supply

Hope this helps! :)
  4. Smwutches Win User

FH3 Expansion Pass not available to download

If you paid for it in the past, it should be in your library in the Microsoft Store app available for install.
  5. Barelyglowin Win User

Windows 8 XBOX Music Fails with Error Code 0xc101008e

Hopefully we see some resolution soon. I've tried re downloading the app in the app store to no success. App won't even play my locally stored music.... seems like I'm getting ripped off getting the paid subscription lol
  6. Smwutches Win User

I show Forza 7 in my order history, but I can't find it or play it

It was delisted so if you're trying to find it in the store, it won't show. If you're trying to play it on a console, check your Full Library in Games and Apps and it should be listed as ready to install.

If you're trying on a PC, you should be able to install it from your library in the Microsoft Store app.
Thema:

1. Paid for game in app store but won't install - Similar Threads - Paid game app

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  4. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  5. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  6. I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through: it was on the finals i paid for 1,150 and 500 then brought a season starter pack and it didnt go through 14fabd13-7039-420e-9d85-9f4efc1ecb16
  7. I have approved my sons request to buy a game in the family app , i have paid for the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have approved my sons request to buy a game in the family app , i have paid for the game...: My son requested a game , so i went into the family app and approved and paid for the game , also had an email confirming my purchase , but it's nowhere to be seen on his console .. Any ideas ?...
  8. I have paid for my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but on the Xbox app it says I only have Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have paid for my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but on the Xbox app it says I only have Xbox...: So, I have just upgraded from my Xbox to a PC and now want to use my Xbox account and all the saved information and perks on my pc (xbox game pass and game progress data) with this I paid for an...
  9. Paid app (Game) not showing in my library to download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid app (Game) not showing in my library to download.: I am not sure if this is the best place for asking for support but it seems the most convenient. A problem I have experienced is: I have bought a game (Forza Horizon 3) from an outside source:...
  10. if you paid for the app and have problems downloading it may be you two meny game app ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if you paid for the app and have problems downloading it may be you two meny game app ...: if your having problems downloading all car pass forza horizon 3 that means either you have a lot games trying to reinstall. it takes longer then it should you can also try updating your xbox one...