Owned games vs. GamePass membership

Discus and support Owned games vs. GamePass membership in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How to keep owned game without game pass? I can't acces a few owned games but doesnt let me play because I didnt want game pass anymore. anyone else... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The one that got robbed, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Owned games vs. GamePass membership

How to keep owned game without game pass? I can't acces a few owned games but doesnt let me play because I didnt want game pass anymore. anyone else getting robbed here? I will buy off Steam from now on. Thank you MicroSHOT!!

:)

The one that got robbed, Nov 15, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Unless they're online games that require a subscription to play online, you shouldn't have any problem keeping games you've purchased.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Rainbow six siege wont launch, downloaded from gamepass on series x

Well first gamepass for console does not include multiplayer it only includes the gamepass library

To play seige you need ultimate or core ultimate will upgrade your membership

Vs core only adds multiplayer
  4. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Why must i pay again for owned games

Are you currently still owning the gamepass?

It might be, that it will tell you to buy it because as you set it is recognized as gamepass game but it might change to normal after your gamepass membership runs out.

If have the same problem with Gears 5.
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Problem with game license

Gamepass would not take away your license for a previous game purchase. Sometimes there can be confusion between which version is downloaded on your console (Gamepass vs Owned). If your game is saying you need to purchase the game, "uninstall" and download
    again through your "Ready to be Installed" list under "My Games and Apps".
  6. ngocphi Win User

Will Xbox game pass core be on Xbox game pass

Gamepass core is basivally gold ala psn plus with a limited library of 25 games that can be swapped in and out by ms unless you buy them

Vs ultimate which iincludes hundreds of games

Basically games with gold is done and over with

Replaced with a mini gamepass library = improvement with better quality games vs games with gold
Thema:

1. Owned games vs. GamePass membership - Similar Threads - Owned games GamePass

2. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  3. Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.: I bought a game for 70$ "TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE" ultimate edition and now when I click on it it says chose the plan that's right for you GAME PASS ULTIMATE AND GAMEPASS CORE "PLESE FIX...
  4. Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...: I bought Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition and when I try to play Sea of Thieves it asks me to choose a Gamepass subscription plan even though I own the game. If I decline buying a subscription Sea of...
  5. Make All Owned Xbox Games Playable Via Xbox PC App (Not Just Gamepass Games)

in XboX Insiders
    Make All Owned Xbox Games Playable Via Xbox PC App (Not Just Gamepass Games): Currently the only Xbox games you can play via the Xbox PC app are Gamepass games and whatever Gamepass games you buy and install through the Xbox PC app. Originally this app was intended to gain...
  6. I own a ton of games on xbox that are on pc gamepass as well as popular games like Elden...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a ton of games on xbox that are on pc gamepass as well as popular games like Elden...: I'm not paying for the same game twice because xbox console has old and outdated hardware compared to pc it make zero sense that you can't just play the games you own since window pc os and xbox...
  7. Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to make me buy gamepass to play a game I own.: I bought dead by daylight, but it's trying to make me buy gamepass to play it now, despite me paying for the game, Please fix it. ee4f280c-ea3a-4e86-bd10-e98b4f0acb38
  8. Madden thinks I need GamePass to play even though I own the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden thinks I need GamePass to play even though I own the game: After my GamePass expired, both Madden 21 & now Madden 22 will not allow me to fully play the game because it thinks I need GamePass to play it. I own both discs for the games and they load up...
  9. How can you tell if you own a game that's currently on gamepass or just a trial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you tell if you own a game that's currently on gamepass or just a trial?: Recently I purchased all the DLC for Wolfenstein 2 instead of buying the version of the game that came with all the DLC because the xbox store told me I already owned the base game. When Xbox had...
  10. [PC] Free game on gamepass says I already own it but it doesn't appear in my library

in XBoX on Windows
    [PC] Free game on gamepass says I already own it but it doesn't appear in my library: Hey! So right now Tell me Why (episode 1-3) is free on Microsoft Store (and Gamepass). Not being experienced with Xbox games on PC, I claimed it on Microsoft Store assuming it was one and the...