Own red dead redemption 2 disc and now it's tell me to buy the story mode

Discus and support Own red dead redemption 2 disc and now it's tell me to buy the story mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been playing the Red Dead Redemption 2 story and when I went to play it today it told me I had to start it up with the online or something I guess... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AustinWellott, May 27, 2021.

1. Own red dead redemption 2 disc and now it's tell me to buy the story mode

Ive been playing the Red Dead Redemption 2 story and when I went to play it today it told me I had to start it up with the online or something I guess my subscription expired or the card I was using didn't have the funds I don't know, so I canceled it and got the 3 month game pass subscription. Now when I start red dead up it tells me I need to buy the story mode, but I have the hard disc copy I've already been playing on. I don't want to re buy the game just to play the story. Anyone know what to do?

:)

AustinWellott, May 27, 2021
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Are you sure that you purchased the full Red Dead Redemption 2 and not just the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. If you purchased the Story Mode, then you need to own Red Dead Online in order to play it. Story Mode is just DLC for Red Dead Online and cannot be played or installed without Red Dead Online.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

I bought red dead 2 a while back and I uninstalled it but recently I reinstalled it and for some reason it says I didn’t o purchase it

Did you purchase the full game or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode? For Story Mode, you also need to own Red Dead Online. Back when Red Dead Online was on Game Pass, you could just buy Story Mode and have access to it because Online was available through Game Pass. Since Online has been removed from Game Pass, you need to also own Red Dead Online because Story Mode is just considered DLC for Red Dead Online.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Gifted game

Just to confirm, is it Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition or Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode?
  5. AustinWellott Win User

I think my Xbox wasn't reading the disc at first. So cleaned the disc. It didn't work, so I uninstalled the game. And while re-installing some reason it would stop at like 10 gb. And tell me my disc is dirty and wouldn't work. So my next step was to delete what ever I had previously tried to install (the 10 gb it would stop at) and I'd pop In the disc then immediately cancel install, went to the mircosoft store and downloaded from there. Now it works. Hope that helps
  6. JakeDansker Win User

I am having the exact same issue as you? What were the steps you used to resolve this issue? And did your story progress save when reinstalling the game? Thanks.
Thema:

1. Own red dead redemption 2 disc and now it's tell me to buy the story mode - Similar Threads - Own red dead

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  4. I bought red dead redemption 2 and payed but now it says I don’t own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought red dead redemption 2 and payed but now it says I don’t own it: I downloaded it and when I tried to play it I got an error message that said I don’t own it even though I bought it. And when I went onto the Microsoft store it said I don’t own it even though I...
  5. My Xbox is saying I don't own Red dead Redemption 2 anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is saying I don't own Red dead Redemption 2 anymore: I got Red dead Redemption 2 ultimate edition when it first came out. I recently got the series x and now it says I don't own the game anymore. I have tried almost every troubleshooting method....
  6. I own Red Dead Redemption 2 on my Xbox One. But when I go to download it on the new Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Red Dead Redemption 2 on my Xbox One. But when I go to download it on the new Xbox...: All the other games in my library that I've tried to download onto the new console have worked perfectly. But for some reason Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't saying that I already own it and only...
  7. I own Red Redemption 2 online for XBOX one S, and XBOX doesn't allow me to play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Red Redemption 2 online for XBOX one S, and XBOX doesn't allow me to play it.: I bought Red Redemption 2 online for my XBOX one S, and XBOX doesn't allow me to play it. It says I need to "Sign in with the profile used to buy the game and make sure your subscription to Xbox...
  8. Red Faction 2 Saying I don't own (claimed GwG) Australia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Faction 2 Saying I don't own (claimed GwG) Australia: I claimed Red Faction 2 through Games with Gold and the 360 marketplace says I own it, however, when I try to play, it tells me that I don't own it despite the store saying I do. It's also not...
  9. Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN: I bought Red Dead 2 for my xbox one from the microsoft store. When downloading the game, the installation stops at the same place everytime 15.15gb or 17.7% complete. I have taken many steps to...
  10. Already Own Red Dead Redemption on 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already Own Red Dead Redemption on 360?: Hello. I have bought RDR on 360 years ago, but when it finally comes to BC for the Xbox One, I still have to pay for it? Why isn't the game free for already owners like most of the BC titles?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does it say i need to buy rdr2 story