Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

Discus and support Overwrite cloud save data with local game data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christine Bullard, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my game progress so long as I stay offline to prevent the cloud from overwriting my game. Is there a way to restore the cloud from my local game?

:)

Christine Bullard, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Spazpol Win User

Synced the wrong data for forza horizon 3

Did you already overwrite the cloud save with the local save data that you loaded?
  3. whnjyh Win User

hello there ,

you need to delete the data before you save new data.
    But every time I delete my old local save and open a new game offline, and then choose to use the new local save to overwrite the cloud save when I enter the online game, a lot of files will be automatically downloaded from the cloud, and an error will be
    reported in the game.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft Save Data Problem

Hi SwitchinXbox,

Thanks for coming to the forums again. It seems that your last save from the cloud was not your most recent save that you had saved locally. If this happens, it's usually due to the local save not being properly synced with Xbox Live servers and a soft factory
    reset will clear local cache so your games will re-sync the last save you had from the cloud to your local drive.

Syncing your local saved data to the cloud is done whenever you properly quit the game or restart your Xbox which closes all open games. Keeping a game on standby and then factory resetting the Xbox will not overwrite the data properly to the cloud and it
    won't have the most recent save you had saved locally. Also, you cannot go into your cloud and get a save from an earlier date because the data is constantly overwritten when the game is closed and the data syncs to have the data up to date using an automatic
    process.
  5. Edwin Hubley Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition goes to black screen when I try to continue a loaded save

You CAN actually delete your save game data locally on your xbox and leave it in the cloud. Go to your games/apps section in dashboard and go to the game in question. There are options to delete the local save game data and save game data in the cloud. You
    can delete local data or delete local and cloud data.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 progress lost

There's one thing i can think of to try get your data back,

You'll need to install the Xbox App and then install Forza Horizon 5 from Gamepass Xbox App on to your PC/Laptop as all your save data is now stored somewhere on your PC/Laptop local storage,

Once done,

Launch Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App, not from Cloud Gaming and don't let the data sync as you'll have two different data saves, one is now local on your PC ( your main save data ), the other from the Cloud ( your new fresh start data ), you don't want to overwrite the save data that you accidentally saved to your PC's local storage,

The game needs to load the save data from your local storage on PC to get your save data back,

Once you've loaded FH5 from the Xbox App and you are in game,

You should be able to see everything back after you've done this, then let the game save and you can exit, and then try launch FH5 from Cloud Gaming, let the data sync/ sync to the cloud and you should have everything back, hopefully.
Thema:

Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

1. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data - Similar Threads - Overwrite cloud save

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  3. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  4. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  5. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  6. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  7. Accidentally overwrite hero

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally overwrite hero: Hi, i accidentally deleted my minecraft dungeon hero progress, is there anyway i can get it back? c15128f6-4904-4cf6-baac-53a0f533baa4
  8. My saves on Xbox Series X got overwrited

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My saves on Xbox Series X got overwrited: Hello, I wanted to play The Lampligher League today and when I launched the game I noticed my saves where gone. I tried to delete local saves and download saves from the cloud but it seems they...
  9. How Do I Prevent the Minecraft Launcher From Overwriting an Old Optifine Installation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Do I Prevent the Minecraft Launcher From Overwriting an Old Optifine Installation?: I am playing Minecraft 1.0.0, and I want to install Optifine. I found a legacy download for the 1.0.0 Optifine version, and installed it the way I did when I first played: open the .jar file in an...
  10. Is it possible to overwrite accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to overwrite accounts?: Hello, is it possible to overwrite an old account (PC) with creating an account (Xbox) with the same email? Because that's what I think happened to me. I bought Minecraft long ago then migrated...