Overly Sensitive Xbox Series X Controllers after updates

Discus and support Overly Sensitive Xbox Series X Controllers after updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the recent updates, my Xbox controllers are extremely sensitive when pressing the joystick and will continue scrolling after I release it. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottB91987, Jun 7, 2024.

1. ScottB91987
    ScottB91987 Guest

After the recent updates, my Xbox controllers are extremely sensitive when pressing the joystick and will continue scrolling after I release it. I've looked through the settings and there is no method for adjusting this so I'm assuming that it must be software related. Any advice?

:)

ScottB91987, Jun 7, 2024
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

How to reduce controller sensitivity after recent update.

Hi Ixelhaine,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you're experiencing issues with your controller sensitivity after the recent update.

Firstly, I'd like to ask if you're using an Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S console? This information will help me provide you with the most accurate solution.

If you're using an Xbox One console, you can adjust the controller sensitivity by following these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Settings" and then "Ease of Access."

3. Select "Controller" and then "Controller sensitivity."

4. Adjust the sensitivity to your desired level.

If you're using an Xbox Series X/S console, you can adjust the controller sensitivity by following these steps:

2. Select "Profile & system" and then "Settings."

3. Select "Ease of Access" and then "Controller."

4. Adjust the sensitivity to your desired level.

If you're still unable to find the "Ease of Access" tab, it's possible that your console may not have the latest update installed. You can check for updates by following these steps:

2. Select "Profile & system" and then "Settings."

3. Select "System" and then "Updates & downloads."

4. Select "Console update available" and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest update.

If you're still experiencing issues after adjusting the controller sensitivity or updating your console, it's possible that there may be an issue with your controller. You can try resetting your controller by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds.

2. After the controller turns off, press the Xbox button again to turn it back on.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  4. beats79 Win User

Controller wont work

Post update the controller now just repeatedly auto clicks X and Y alongside the over sensitive sticks
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!

I know you can change the dead zones and I'm pretty sure the joystick sensitivity on the Elite Controller (series 1 and 2) through the Xbox accessories app. Although I'm not sure about the standard controller, and I don't know why you would want to change
    the sensitivity of the 'A', 'B', 'X', and 'Y' buttons, if it was a thing, I could see people reducing the sensitivity of the 'A' and 'B' buttons and then losing functionality as the buttons wear out, and not be able to change it back.
  6. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
Thema:

1. Overly Sensitive Xbox Series X Controllers after updates - Similar Threads - Overly Sensitive Series

2. Suspension over but i’m still suspended?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Suspension over but i’m still suspended?: I got suspended for trying to make my PFP something that went against the rules and i got a 2 day ban for it. I already tried contacting support through the enforcement page but i cant change my...
  3. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  4. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  5. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  6. Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?: When I launched Atari: Game Over on my Xbox 360, I got an error saying that Atari: Game Over isn't available. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? d81c9197-f841-48ed-aa1d-8e69234696e0
  7. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  8. Blue pixles all over my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue pixles all over my screen: I keep getting blue pixels all over my screen and i looked if it was the tv but its only my xbox and the pixels only show on dark parts of the screen like if I'm playing a game and its dark the...
  9. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...
  10. Why are my controllers now over sensitive and no way to fix them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my controllers now over sensitive and no way to fix them?: My counsil since update is not working right the controllers are over sensitive making my Xbox useless I've tried everything. Its all updated there is no ease of access there are no settings to...