Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.

Discus and support Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello and happy holidays to all!! But anywho, I've always been a PlayStation person. But this year I decided to go buy a Xbox series x. So I went down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Da Gamer JayDeeZee1, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.

Hello and happy holidays to all!! But anywho, I've always been a PlayStation person. But this year I decided to go buy a Xbox series x. So I went down to best buy 9 days ago and buy my first one. Microsoft dropped the price, so I had to get one. So I got one. Took it home, and that night playing Diablo and the man who erased his name.. about two hrs went by, instantly it cut off. Felt it. It was EXTREMELY hot. I talked to Microsoft and troubleshooted it and they figured it was a internal issue. So the next day I took it back to best buy, switched it out. Then that night same thing happened. Went back to best buy, switched it out got another one. Buy this time, it's my second one. So playing, it did it again. So now it's the third and last time. There's no way it's me. The people from Microsoft said it could be a bad batch. My system is well ventilated. I take care of my products. I wipe down weekly etc. so today, I was playing and guess what happened?? It overheated and shut down..I'm frustrated but I think imma stick with PS5. I don't understand why Xbox having this issue. I even had maintenance come out and check my plugs. I know it's not me. I followed instructions on how to place the Xbox on the shelf well ventilated, nothing near it or covering it. But my question is are you guys gonna send a update or something(Microsoft)? Is anyone else going thru the same thing? If you are, did you find out what the issue was? And how you fix it? I would love to keep it, Xbox make different games than PS5 at times. Like Forza, you can't get it for ps5. Someone help..

:)

Da Gamer JayDeeZee1, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Da Gamer JayDeeZee1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing overheating issues with your Xbox Series X. Based on the information you provided, it seems like you’ve already tried several troubleshooting steps and replaced your console multiple times, but the issue still persists. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and console here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

• Running software

If you have multiple applications or games running at the same time, then this could cause your Xbox to use more resources, resulting in your system running hotter than normal. Close any unused applications or games.
    • Low-quality accessories

Low-quality or third-party accessories may not deliver the proper power or cooling required for optimal performance. Remove any connected accessories.

You can also try the following steps to prevent your Xbox Series X from overheating:

• Ensure your Xbox Series X is oriented to allow and is clean. The Xbox Series X is designed to allow for cool fresh air to pass through the system from the bottom and spits hot air out from the top. If the vent at the top of the console is blocked, then hot air will build up in the system. Avoid placing the console in enclosed spaces or on surfaces that obstruct airflow, such as inside cabinets or on soft materials like carpets. Keep 4-6 inches of open space between your console’s vents and any objects.
    • Keep your Xbox away from any heat sources. For your Xbox to cool it needs to be in a space where the ambient air temperature won’t change drastically. The ideal room temperature for your Xbox should be around +5ºC (+41ºF) to +35ºC (+95ºF).
    • Check your system for any available updates. Ensuring your system is updated ensures that your console receives essential bug fixes and system improvements that can prevent your system from overheating.

If none of these steps work, you can try contacting Microsoft support directly. They may be able to provide additional assistance with the issue.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
      4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      5. Select the "Contact Us" button
      6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. MHGoodie Win User

XBOX ONE powers off unexpectedly

This overheating issue is dissappointing. If you are expected to run your cable box through the console, it should be expected that the console will run for long periods of time. Even with all the power saving options some consoles are potentially overheating.
    After the fiasco with the 360 I'm not very optimistic about this being resolved in a satisfactory manner. Users have replaced there units and are still having issues. If I receive a second faulty unit, I will be forced to do my gaming on another companies
    game system.
  4. ericjwilborn Win User

Xbox One Randomly Turning Off - Power Supply Issue

I've replaced my power supply for my original Xbox One two times... similar issues to what you're describing. It took a full unplug.. I even unplugged the cable from the wall and from the brick. The brick was always very warm when I did this.. I believe
    the brick itself was overheating, which is why I replaced it.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Cleaning my 360 slim

Be Wise & Think about What was Said... (DON'T OPEN YOUR CONSOLES)

The PAL consoles do react differently in different Climates & Australia's Climate can change on a drop of a hat too & cause overheating issues.. The System Updates, have stopped 2 Light Overheating RROD's on My Australian Console & I have not seen one again
    for about 4 years... (An Overheating RROD was the only one I had on My 2007 Falcon Pro 20GB Console)
  6. Watch7ower Win User

Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes

Hi there,

as you have ensured your console is not overheating and has adequate ventilation, this may be an issue with your console's power supply. Please visit this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/console-wont-power-on/
    and check through solutions 4, 6 and 7. If none of these help, solution 8 may be your only option (having the power supply replaced).

Let us know how you get on! Good luck.
Thema:

1. Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times. - Similar Threads - Overheating issue Replaced

2. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  3. Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update: Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase fan speed as the need arises. Could also be...
  4. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  5. My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me: My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me 409112b8-8d28-4d74-9da1-4f5dedcc9f85
  6. Games Shutting Down to Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games Shutting Down to Overheating: Hello Everyone, I’ve been having trouble playing certain games like Rainbox Six and Fortnite, this is due to me getting an error message everytime I go into a game, i’ve cleaned my air box and...
  7. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  8. Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.: So, i have a old Xbox 360 E, where, at some point, just stopped working. So I bought a new video game. Years later, i decided to fix it. So i replaced some stuff and tried it. But then when i plug...
  9. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  10. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...