OVERHEATING IN THE FASTEST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Discus and support OVERHEATING IN THE FASTEST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know why, but my Xbox 360 elite is overheating so quick, in about 5-6 minutes, giving ,e the 2 red rings. I let it cool down for like several... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SnPr619, May 6, 2014.

1. SnPr619
    SnPr619 Guest

I don't know why, but my Xbox 360 elite is overheating so quick, in about 5-6 minutes, giving ,e the 2 red rings. I let it cool down for like several hours, went outside to pass the time, came back in and turned it on, load up BO2, finding a multi player
    match and then it turns off, in under like 6 minutes. I haven't gotten on Xbox in a week before this happened time and when I did get back on, this happened. I got a can of compressed air to see if maybe it was dust, sprayed about half of the can into my Xbox
    but it still hasn't fixed it, it just delayed the time it takes to overheat to about 10 minutes. Are there any other possible solutions and could it be the hot weather affecting my Xbox too, or Do I really need to get it repaired? Please Anser

:)

SnPr619, May 6, 2014
  2. Varietyhd
    Varietyhd Guest
    Xbox Slim Concept Pic...

That looks like an overheating paradise if i have ever seen one before.

Varietyhd, May 6, 2014
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    How Did The Xbox One Pass Quality Testing?

so 500 friends you play with most of them you cant have much of a life outside then 8 in a party at a time. overheating i dont think iv ever heard of a xbox one overheating. iv got a day 1 console and iv had no problems with it what so ever

N7 Gh0stz, May 6, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

First off, you shouldn't spray compressed air into the console's vents. If there is dust inside it only moves it around. Also, compressed air is liquid based and when sprayed too close to the motherboard could short it out.

Now, try the steps listed at the link below to help your console vent properly. If they don't work or are not the issue then you will need to request a repair on the console.

support.xbox.com/.../two-flashinglights

Good luck.

onyxishere, May 6, 2014
  5. SnPr619
    SnPr619 Guest
    So this might sound stupid, dumb or weird, but I actually found a solution to this. Bottle Caps. Get 4 and put them under your Xbox at each corner. This helped me fix my overheating problem and I hope that if you have this problem too that you stumble upon
    this post and find that bottle caps may help you like it did to me!

SnPr619, May 7, 2014
  6. My xbox starts to hum once I turn it on and I don't know what is happening can you help?

Peacheykeen44, May 9, 2014
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    @Peacheykeen44 - for future reference you should create your own thread to get issues solved faster.

If your console is humming and you have the S console it may be the vent cover for the Hard Drive. I removed my cover and no longer get the hum.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  8. onyxishere Win User

@Peacheykeen44 - for future reference you should create your own thread to get issues solved faster.

If your console is humming and you have the S console it may be the vent cover for the Hard Drive. I removed my cover and no longer get the hum.
  9. onyxishere Win User

First off, you shouldn't spray compressed air into the console's vents. If there is dust inside it only moves it around. Also, compressed air is liquid based and when sprayed too close to the motherboard could short it out.

Now, try the steps listed at the link below to help your console vent properly. If they don't work or are not the issue then you will need to request a repair on the console.

support.xbox.com/.../two-flashinglights

Good luck.
  10. Peacheykeen44 Win User

My xbox starts to hum once I turn it on and I don't know what is happening can you help?
  11. SnPr619 Win User

So this might sound stupid, dumb or weird, but I actually found a solution to this. Bottle Caps. Get 4 and put them under your Xbox at each corner. This helped me fix my overheating problem and I hope that if you have this problem too that you stumble upon
    this post and find that bottle caps may help you like it did to me!
  12. IgotTSondabrain Win User

about sending in your xbox one for repairs....

well... my xbox is on the way in. I should get it sometime in the morning on the 18th. sent it on the 4th of dec. been 14 days now. this is the fastest I have ever seen MS respond to a console repair ever, and I've had to send in two xbox 360s in the last
    few years
Thema:

1. OVERHEATING IN THE FASTEST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN! - Similar Threads - OVERHEATING FASTEST EVER

2. Games Shutting Down to Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games Shutting Down to Overheating: Hello Everyone, I’ve been having trouble playing certain games like Rainbox Six and Fortnite, this is due to me getting an error message everytime I go into a game, i’ve cleaned my air box and...
  3. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  4. Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E (winchester motherboard) false overheating.: So, i have a old Xbox 360 E, where, at some point, just stopped working. So I bought a new video game. Years later, i decided to fix it. So i replaced some stuff and tried it. But then when i plug...
  5. Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating issue Replaced my system 4 times.: Hello and happy holidays to all!! But anywho, I've always been a PlayStation person. But this year I decided to go buy a Xbox series x. So I went down to best buy 9 days ago and buy my first one....
  6. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  7. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  8. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  9. My xbox one s digital keeps turning off saying it overheated, I just cleaned it, it also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s digital keeps turning off saying it overheated, I just cleaned it, it also...: Please give me and idea on what to do 738ad9a9-b4e6-4629-bb39-5ccdc60ece9e
  10. Age of empires 4 overheating my Xbox,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Age of empires 4 overheating my Xbox,: All other games don't do this, I play campaign or skirmish and it crashes, you can hear the Xbox going turbo mode in that game, I have cleaned the Xbox if dust and also too note it's in a...