Over wifi remote play doesn't work

Discus and support Over wifi remote play doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TussalCastle4, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Over wifi remote play doesn't work

So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote into my desktop with my laptop using moonlight. Why is streaming the stream more playable than streaming directly from my console to my laptop? Cloud streaming works great, so why is console streaming so bad?

Is there a better way to connect to my console remotely so I can play non-gamepass games, or is this the best option I have?

:)

TussalCastle4, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi TussalCastle4, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

On a mobile device it may be an option:

-Open the Xbox mobile app.
    -Select the My Library icon and select Consoles.
    -Select the console you want to connect to and press Remote Play on this device.

For more information on all remote use you can consult the following link and see for yourself if that is your only solution or not:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/how-to-set-up-remote-play

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

XBOX Remote Play not working over wifi

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Giovanni, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Giovanni, you can actually remote play from any network you want.

Try this on your console:

First, clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for it to turn on, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account. Make Sure to know all passwords and email addresses of your accounts, you will need to log then back in. :)

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

4. When asked to pull settings from an old Xbox, choose no, thanks

5. You will have to log in to your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves

Then, go to your settings > devices and connections > Remote features > Enable remote features.
  4. Giovanni P1 Win User

Hi,

that procedure does not work. Nothing happens if I start my xbox then press the power button for 10 secs. It just shutdown.

Edit:

I reset the console from Settings -> console info -> reset, keeping my games and saves.

Remote play is already enabled. I try with my mobile connected to the same wifi and it does not work.

I switch to 5G network and remote play works again.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

And then, test it again on your phone. :)
  6. lh72722 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

I tested my remote play yesterday at home. My iphone wifi was off and i connected over cellular with no issues. today nothing works. not wifi, not cellular. i click remote play and the jet appears and then i just get the same error message as others above.
Thema:

1. Over wifi remote play doesn't work - Similar Threads - wifi remote play

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  5. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  6. I can’t play Xbox remotely on my iPhone unless I’m on the same wifi as my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Xbox remotely on my iPhone unless I’m on the same wifi as my Xbox.: I’ve tried using my personal data and a different wifi but it isn’t working. I keep getting the following prompt. [img] 2c630b99-cadc-4d7d-96be-cfeb3c5f7bcc
  7. Remote play working only on home Wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play working only on home Wifi network: Hi. I haven't been able to get remote play to work on networks away from home. It works great on my home wifi networks but anywhere else I get the following message: "Check your network...
  8. How do I make remote play work with wifi?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I make remote play work with wifi?: My remote play function for the xbox app does not work when I am connected to my home wifi, the same wifi that my xbox is connected to. It only works when I am using cellular data....
  9. I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network: I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network All my remote play settings are correct This feature worked well 4 months back but doesn't work...
  10. Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.: Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on 5minutes after switching from wifi to 5g but if i...