Out of Warranty repair shipping options error?

Discus and support Out of Warranty repair shipping options error? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I just want to mention a possible error in the out of warranty shipping option descriptions. When setting up a console for repair, I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tescin, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Tescin
    Tescin Guest

Hello. I just want to mention a possible error in the out of warranty shipping option descriptions.

When setting up a console for repair, I was presented with four options. One of them was FedEx Office Store Drop Off - Expedited Shipping. In the description which followed that option, it reads: Available only at FedEx Office Stores: Take your device
    and service order number to a FedEx Office store. You'll be provided with a free box, packing material and an expedited shipping label. Find a FedEx Office Store.

Long story short, I chose that option for an extra $10.50 and paid. However, in the email confirmation I received, it said that I would need to either buy or provide a box and packing material. I contacted Microsoft chat, and they confirmed that a box
    and packing material is not included.

That's fine, if I have to buy a box and materials, I have no problem with that. However, if that is the case, the description really needs to be changed to reflect the policy, as that was the reason why I chose that shipping option. Had I known up front,
    I would likely have chosen a different option. I did find a few other people on the forums who seemed to have the same issue come up. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/f/2602/t/1636813.aspx

Again, not upset. It is what it is. I just wanted to point it out.

:)

Tescin, Feb 7, 2014
  2. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Several controllers need repairs

there are no repair options for the controllers / its replacement only

You'd have to setup a repair for each controller and pay for shipping for each controller and ship them individually.

And if they are out of warranty, then you're out of luck.

HAZMAT RADIO, Feb 7, 2014
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Can't connect to Xbox live

Howdy Aleph,

If you do decide to play again sometime, here's the information on pricing for repairs:

• Xbox 360 original console:

- In-warranty repair: Free

- Out-of-warranty repair:

• Submitted online: $99 plus tax
      • Submitted over the phone: $119 plus tax

• Xbox 360 E or Xbox 360 S console:

- In-warranty repair: Free

- Out-of-warranty repair:

• Submitted online: $79 plus tax
      • Submitted over the phone: $99 plus tax

• The average repair time is 14 to 21 days for customers in the United States, including shipping time to and from our service center.

• We pay for all Xbox 360 console shipping, including to and from our service center.

Cheers!

MisterFizzle, Feb 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: