Out-of-warranty console repair: can't place the order via myservice.xbox.com

Discus and support Out-of-warranty console repair: can't place the order via myservice.xbox.com in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used NTSC-J X360 last year and the PSU died within the hour. Instant bad omen. When I hooked up the Xbox 360 to the American PSU, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jotamide, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jotamide
    Jotamide Guest

I bought a used NTSC-J X360 last year and the PSU died within the hour. Instant bad omen. When I hooked up the Xbox 360 to the American PSU, the dashboard started glitching like crazy and I thought the console was faulty. The seller claimed it was an issue
    strictly from the power supply and offered to buy me a replacement. He did and when I received it the console started working just fine again.

However, as time passed by I would start getting the same glitches that would hard-lock the console but they were usually solved by unplugging everything and letting the PSU cool down. In the past month though, it became so bad that now the console would lock
    even during startup. Now I have to send the console for repair locally because the seller won't take responsibility and overall I ended up paying more for this *** console than for a brand new import.

To make matters worse, on the
    Xbox support page
    , it is stated that placing an out-of-warranty service order through
    myservice.xbox.com costs $79.00 plus tax while doing it over the phone costs 99.00 plus tax. However, the website is offensively obtuse
    and wouldn't let me pay using my credit card. No other alternative payment methods are provided. MS claimed it was an issue from my bank but they said everything was alright on their end, and I've been using my card everywhere else without issue. So now because
    the website is broken I have to pay $20 more? Come on. Is there any way where I can send my console for repair without having to pay extra? I've tried it all and this is not the first time I have problems with that site.

:)

Jotamide, Jan 20, 2015
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    soporte tecnico

Hello

In-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console is serviced within the original warranty period (free repair), you receive either the balance of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.

Out-of-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console is serviced out of the original warranty period (paid repair), your serviced console will have a 90-day warranty.

Start a repair request

xbox360italy, Jan 20, 2015
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    360 slim will not connect wirelessly

Hi there,

when you have a xbox slim console which thinks it doesn't have a wifi adapter, the console is in need of a repair you can request a online repair via this link
    http://myservice.xbox.com or if you just bought it, you could return it to the store to get it replaced. (The length of the store warranty might be different per store)

-

The link will also tell you if the console still is in warranty or not, and what the repair costs are when out of warranty.

4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Have you tried contacting phone support and letting them know that the website is not allowing you to set up the repair? Perhaps they would be able to set it up for the website price instead of the phone price.

onyxishere, Jan 20, 2015
  5. Hey there, Jotamide! I'm very sorry to see the issues you are having with the Online Service Center. Since you have a thread that you had open without an answer, and you are still running into the exact issue as posted there, we'll continue troubleshooting
    and gathering advice from other users there. This will help keep the forums uniform. Thanks for understanding! Out-of-warranty console repair: can't place the order via myservice.xbox.com :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Jotamide! I'm very sorry to see the issues you are having with the Online Service Center. Since you have a thread that you had open without an answer, and you are still running into the exact issue as posted there, we'll continue troubleshooting
    and gathering advice from other users there. This will help keep the forums uniform. Thanks for understanding! :)
  7. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Have you tried contacting phone support and letting them know that the website is not allowing you to set up the repair? Perhaps they would be able to set it up for the website price instead of the phone price.
  8. HassanB Win User

Insanely Loud Power Supply For 360 Slim

Hello, that is not normal for it to be that loud. If for some reason it is honestly as loud as you are saying then please contact XBOX Support via phone or visit the XBOX repair site
    here and either order a new power supply or get it replaced if your console is still under warranty.

New power supplies for consoles that do not have a warranty anymore are $35, and if they are under warranty it is exchanged out free of charge.
  9. WPAK Win User

360 slim will not connect wirelessly

Hi there,

when you have a xbox slim console which thinks it doesn't have a wifi adapter, the console is in need of a repair you can request a online repair via this link
    http://myservice.xbox.com or if you just bought it, you could return it to the store to get it replaced. (The length of the store warranty might be different per store)

-

The link will also tell you if the console still is in warranty or not, and what the repair costs are when out of warranty.
  10. Kira Ivanov Win User

Black Screen after launch

Speaking to support, they're telling me the firmware is defective and the console needs repairing. 'You can process a repair order through myservice.xbox.com' fee applicable or not depending on warranty, mine is of course past.
Thema:

1. Out-of-warranty console repair: can't place the order via myservice.xbox.com - Similar Threads - warranty console repair

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. Lifetime Warranties for Untampered with Xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Lifetime Warranties for Untampered with Xbox consoles: Xbox consoles should come with a lifetime warranty. Also, there has to be a better way to prevent stick drift and controller durability. submitted by /u/Fit-Camera-1731 [link] [comments]
  5. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  6. Is my warranty replacement console new or refurbished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my warranty replacement console new or refurbished: I started a repair ticket on my 1TB Series S console that was purchased brand new in box from target about 3 months ago roughly, it was placed In a well vented area, never mistreated and always...
  7. Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.: Warranty related question I purchased my series x console and the controller I have has been experiencing too down stick drift I made a request on the device with the console but saw it has...
  8. Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...: Xbox refuses to fix its faulty series x console that is still under warranty. First they told me that they can’t warranty it do to physical damage to the console, there is none. Then they told me...
  9. I want to know if i can update my Series X console warranty as it has expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know if i can update my Series X console warranty as it has expired: Hi everyone, i had purchased my Xbox Series X console on 4th February 2022. My console warranty expired on 2nd May 2023. I would like to know if i can extend my console warranty by any chance, as...
  10. The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...

in XBoX on Windows
    The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...: Hi there It would be very helpful if someone from support could assist me. I purchased my new Xbox Series X console in August 2023. It is now October 2023 and the warranty for the controller...