Out of video memory crash (Xbox Series S/X)

Discus and support Out of video memory crash (Xbox Series S/X) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am posting this discussion because I saw a bunch of closed threads with no real answer so I couldn't post an answer on there. The main reason this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChocoWaterMm, Sep 10, 2023.

1. ChocoWaterMm
    ChocoWaterMm Guest

I am posting this discussion because I saw a bunch of closed threads with no real answer so I couldn't post an answer on there. The main reason this happens is because the game devs (it happens alot on the game Control for example) either didn't optimize the game for the Series. Or because the game devs didn't anticipate the quick resume. The quick resume option takes up your video memory so when you have games open on the quick resume it's taking up memory that the devs didn't anticipate which makes the game not have enough video memory to run. The solution to the problem is simple. You can start with closing out any game that is open in the quick resume. You can fully close them out in the quick resume by scrolling to quick resume, pressing the start button to open the options menu for the game, and selecting remove from quick resume. That should fix it. If it doesn't fix it there isn't much else you can do aside from reaching out to the devs.

:)

ChocoWaterMm, Sep 10, 2023
  2. SassieCassie Win User

Xbox Series S - Out-of-Video-Memory Crashes

Hi!

If this issue your having is legitimately the Xbox running out of VRAM, I'm sorry to say there's nothing you can really do. What I would do is make sure everything is updated. Since VRAM cant be upgraded on an Xbox you would need to buy a higher end Xbox
    or just a new one. Sorry that I'm not much help. but if you would like to keep pursuing answers here's a link to Microsoft support agents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Reddit could also be a good place to look!

Have a good day!
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox Series S - Out-of-Video-Memory Crashes

"Xbox Series S repeatedly crash while playing two games: Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Control (particularly Control)."

Just to clarify, do you have two games running at the same time or issue happens when you have one or the other game running on the console?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Buying game for XS but then it’s not after installing it

Ok did you put it in an internal memory or storage card or external usb drive

If external that would be why

You can only put it in an internal memory or storage card

Now I'd you are saying you have a Xbox one S

That isn't a series s

Series consoles.are different and are not considered Xbox one nor is it part of the name

Also any games.that are meant for the series consoles has to be on storage card or.internal memory

Xbox one games works regardless of Xbox one s or og or one x

And you can use any storage

But for Xbox series consoles there is only s or x not one s/x

And only games on optimized nvme or the Xbox nvme storage card will download the series version

If you put it on external it would only download the Xbox one as you arent running thr optimized nvme
  5. ngocphi Win User

how to contact microsoft support service

If it isn't starting then yes we can help

If it's achievement or ingame issue you need to reach out to the developer

We also need to know which games series s/x also

Keep in mind series s or x games can't run on normal hdds it has to be the storage card or internal memory for that
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Series S video memory error crashes

I saw that you choose the answer as didn't solve the issues, would be better tho get more information so we can keep helping, thanks
Thema:

1. Out of video memory crash (Xbox Series S/X) - Similar Threads - video memory crash

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  5. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  6. How to fix glitching YouTube videos?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix glitching YouTube videos?: Anytime I try to watch YouTube on my Xbox, the video glitches. Like random boxes of random color will appear on screen, or parts of the screen will be desaturated. I've tried lowering the video...
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. xbox series x out of video memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x out of video memory: Been getting something about video memory full this on pop up which then crashes game. It does it on sword and fairy together forever this is the second game it does it on can't remember the first...
  9. Why 0 mb of system video memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why 0 mb of system video memory: I was trying to boot up Fortnite and realized that i couldn't because I had 0 mb of system video memory. Can someone please help me resolve this issue. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce RTX...
  10. I keep getting this error: "Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering source."

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting this error: "Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering source.": I keep getting that message Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering I have rest my console to factory settings but kept my saved games What other things can I try?...