Out of Context Permanent Name Ban

Discus and support Out of Context Permanent Name Ban in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, today on 7/27/20, I was graciously notified of an enforcement ban detailing that my name, (not gamertag) had been permanently blocked for offensive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Salems Reject, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Out of Context Permanent Name Ban

So, today on 7/27/20, I was graciously notified of an enforcement ban detailing that my name, (not gamertag) had been permanently blocked for offensive reasons? Okay. So, here's the kicker. In my name share, it says "Salem ��The Last Witch�� The font
    is in cursive, like some accounts have that offer a flare of style. Neither of which go against the code of conduct. My question, why? I appealed for a review and I am patiently awaiting an answer. I've been a gamer for years, and granted I have obviously
    had my days for comm bans, but who hasn't. And I'm very good at the games I play, so most dont particularly like me. I don't engage in voice communication PERIOD and I've cut back immensely on text communication. Though, this in my opinion is a bit excessive.
    To have my name sharing permanently banned. Why? First off, let me explain something. Everyones account is their responsibility and how they represent it is also their responsibility to do so within the code of conduct. I have seen many accounts choose not
    to display their actual name but utilize the feature to say something else expressive and non offensive. And it's been perfectly fine! And as far as mine goes, I am representing my heritage along with the fact that it supports my gamertag. (Salem- As in Salem
    Massachusetts The Last Witch- The Trials.) Where exactly is the offense? I'm asking the community. It's not inappropriate, It's not sexual, It's not hate speech or religious. And it's not displaying current events or something historically "offensive."
    It is historical, but it's literally a location and an event thats seen as a fairy tale/popularity. I don't get it. And banning it permanently? Is a bit excessive. I don't know how or why, but I don't agree with it. This represents who I am as an individual
    and is not in anyway shape or form, offensive and inappropriate. Granted the Salem trials were a time of false accusations, but this isn't a current offense. And if it has something to do with religion, then it is infact religious oppression. And I say that
    because I've seen accounts that support various religions, which technically isn't offensive but it can be to other individuals. So I get that, but still...this isn't something new. And it certainly isn't something under scrutiny. This was simply petty. And
    if I'm going to be banned on sharing that, something historical and educational, then my gamertag and my entire account might as well be banned too? Again, this doesn't make sense to me and I think it's very unfair. I don't see any justification in this. If
    it is truly that offensive, then why not have me change it to something else instead of banning it permanently? This action was unnecessary in my opinion and I really do hope the enforcement team reviews it and realizes that there is a mistake here. And lastly,
    if it's because of the word "Witch" that's far from the B word and it's in the wrong context. Please, tell me im wrong somewhere. This little offense has actually upset me beyond belief, primarily because of how it was dealt with. I'm not perfect, nobody is
    and I've tried to be a good egg, but it's very discouraging when something like this happens because of power abuse. If I see an account with the name slate filled in that says "I love God" then "The Last Witch" is just as appropriate. Both are historical
    and non offensive. Only to be seen and labeled as such by individuals of whom radicalize the ideals of the context. I'm asking the community for their thoughts directly. Thank you.

[mod removed]

:)

Salems Reject, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Salems Reject Win User

So it took three years? Three whole years for it be banned? And permanently with the fact that it wasn't even looked at properly.

What a joke. I'm sorry but that's the worst explanation I've heard.

Honestly at this point I'd rather you just lock the thread or delete it. This is a joke. I'm not mad at you, and I get you can't do anything about it but I'm not about to argue with anyone else about this. I'm not in the wrong here.

Please lock the thread, have a good day.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Not too mention, I've had this on my profile for almost 3 years with no issues until now, you explain that to me.
    That just means it took that long for someone to report it.

It doesn't matter if it's the same type of suspension, it still counts as multiple enforcement actions.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Not too mention, I've had this on my profile for almost 3 years with no issues until now, you explain that to me.
    That just means it took that long for someone to report it.

It doesn't matter if it's the same type of suspension, it still counts as multiple enforcement actions.
  5. Smwutches Win User

One thing to remember is that things don't have to be offensive to be removed. They just have to violate the code of conduct. After seeing the image in one of your other threads though (please refrain from creating duplicate threads), it's most likely
    the font that caused the issue. With font like that, it's very easy to mistake letters so Witch does look like another word.
  6. Salems Reject Win User

So, I'm going to leave it as is. It's not fair. Period.

And what makes it not fair is the time not being taken to assess the issue. Just an immediate hand out. And you, as an ambassador, should know that. This was an unfair issue with no reason, no cause. And what will anyone do about it? Nothing. But thats
    okay. Really, it is. Because we all know Xbox Live Enforcement is a hot topic within the community. And we can only imagine why. Thanks for your input, I deeply appreciate it.
Thema:

1. Out of Context Permanent Name Ban - Similar Threads - Context Permanent Name

2. Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?: I haven’t played in like 2-3 years. I turned it on for the first time since then and noticed all my progress is gone. I did some reading it somewhere it said the license expired. Does that mean...
  3. Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps

in XboX Insiders
    Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps: Everytime I open context menus for anything at the home screen or My games & apps section, it either doesn't popup or when I press the menu button another time it opens again, it's just this long...
  4. for context this is for minecraft bedrock. I (who is on windows 11) am not able to see my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    for context this is for minecraft bedrock. I (who is on windows 11) am not able to see my...: The question above more or less states my problem. I know my friends are online, I can see that they are online through the Xbox application, but when I look under the friends tab, nothing shows...
  5. Club and Store missing from Context Menu

in XboX Insiders
    Club and Store missing from Context Menu: Hello. Can I back Club and Store links in the context menu More Options? Now they're replaced by Game Card, and placed inside it. Can I customize that? I think previously version of the menu was...
  6. In the context of wanting to play R6: Extraction via Game Pass, Ubisoft says "It seems you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In the context of wanting to play R6: Extraction via Game Pass, Ubisoft says "It seems you...: I'm just trying to play the new Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Extraction game, which is advertised to be available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC. However, it appears that I cannot find the...
  7. Wondering if anyone else is getting the random ban with no context

in XboX Insiders
    Wondering if anyone else is getting the random ban with no context: Anyone else being randomly banned with no context and nothing showing up about it on Xbox enforcement? I’m just very confused about what I did if anything and Xbox support is no help submitted by...
  8. No antialiasing on text during pop in animation of context menu

in XboX Insiders
    No antialiasing on text during pop in animation of context menu: [IMG] submitted by /u/Belkaar [link] [comments]
  9. CoC, Enforcement, Censorship, Context, Not Understanding Your Audience (Feedback)

in XBoX Accessibility
    CoC, Enforcement, Censorship, Context, Not Understanding Your Audience (Feedback): Playstation considers themselves a free speech platform, Microsoft around Xbox One's release updated their CoC so that they are not and Phil Spencer has stated himself "Xbox is not a free speech...
  10. No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9: No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9 ***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10*** b4e2cc65-9c21-4e4d-ad93-fe0356b92213